SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Cydas said:
How can I set my companions to automatically sell their items from their inventory when visiting a town?

Yeah, as previously stated there's an options text when you go to the marketplace you have 'Sell Items Automatically' above the aassess prices option. There you can choose to change the value of items to sell and can check a box to sell items automatically upon leaving. 

Dissmaster said:
Ok, i can finally play this mod, because i have a new computer.

WOW!
It's awesome.

I love nearly anything about it,

-the new quests
-the fact that you can have a valyrian steel sword
-you meet famous people from ASoIaF
-that taverns are finally crowded
-that you can kill a lot of people in some scenes/locations
-the special locations(like septrys)

Nice mod, it's obvious that you put a LOT of time in it.
Thank you!

Could someone please post a list of quests?

If you go to the Wikia page you can find a list of quests and a lot of the troop trees, though be careful as there are obviously some spoilers here, the quests themselves and then all three invading factions are listed.

http://acok.wikia.com/wiki/A_Clash_of_Kings_-_A_Mount_and_Blade:_Warband_Modification_Wiki

Not a huge issue, but thought I would mention it. In Old Town near the prison there is a fountain in the middle is a question (?) mark. This also appears in the old stone area. Not sure what they are, but figured it should be mentioned. Other than this the mod is great, stable, playable.

Also at Nunn's Deep, Carver is gone but the npcs there speak as if he is still there.

Seems Caul has Carver's dialogue too unless I am mistaken.

Do you guys have any intentions to overhaul the iron islands? I know its not totally portraying the series (thank you) but I really dig the iron island armor in show. too cool.

Hi guys !

First, really big WOW for your job on the mod, it's really nice and fun to play :smile:

Now i have 3 questions :grin:

1 - I'm currently in version 1.1, is it possible to continue my save with the 1.2 which just came out ?

2 - I'm currently starting my own kingdom but i tried to recruit lords and they always says that they are pleased with there king...is it possible to recruit them at least ?
Even if they are 50 reputation with me, i dont have the chooses to explain that i'll be a better king haha

3 - And finally, where can i find "bolt of velvet" i have gone through 6 or 7 cities and none have velvet, and i dont remember looting some when pillaging ?

Thanks for your answers !

Hi there, love the mod.

Unfortunately I have started crashing a lot on the world map.

I have disabled HDR and music, unparked my cores, downloaded gamebooster and enabled LAA with Windows 7 SP1. I'm sitting at around 150% performance, Intel i-5, GEforce GTX 650.

The crashes started happening after I returned from Meereen on the Dany quest, now I have been instructed to go kill a pirate. I took Volantis hoping to finish the Vaelar Morghulis quest but I can't hold the city, so I am leaving back for the Westerlands via Tyrosh. I can't ride very far on the world map before crashing.

I'm going to try running the game in windowed and updating my drivers, but do you guys have any idea what might be happening? I suspect the quest might be bugged, as I had no problems up until this point.

Is there anyway to ensure your faction leader (Stannis Baratheon) gets kings landing when taken as it was just awarded to some random dothraki who defected as he had no fiefs! Needless to say I was not impressed after spending forever trying to convince people to give me duskendale

TBBlackerz said:
Is there anyway to ensure your faction leader (Stannis Baratheon) gets kings landing when taken as it was just awarded to some random dothraki who defected as he had no fiefs! Needless to say I was not impressed after spending forever trying to convince people to give me duskendale

Yeah I appreciate that Kings Landing is the prize etc but I feel it changes hands far too frequently, it's not very realistic at all. Kings Landing ought to be the final conquest. I understand that in the series its suggested that strategically its actually pretty vulnerable, but in the game I feel it should be much more difficult to take than it is.

I was offered it several times by Stannis but I kept refusing simply becuase I knew i'd lose it in a few days.

iC1 said:
TBBlackerz said:

Yeah I appreciate that Kings Landing is the prize etc but I feel it changes hands far too frequently, it's not very realistic at all. Kings Landing ought to be the final conquest. I understand that in the series its suggested that strategically its actually pretty vulnerable, but in the game I feel it should be much more difficult to take than it is.

I was offered it several times by Stannis but I kept refusing simply becuase I knew i'd lose it in a few days.

You realize it's vulnerable, but for some reason think Cozur should make a special exception based on your opinion?

Dezman said:
iC1 said:
TBBlackerz said:

You realize it's vulnerable, but for some reason think Cozur should make a special exception based on your opinion?

I think he was suggesting as it's the capital of westeros it should have stronger defences

Dezman said:

I never asked Cozur or anyone else to do anything.

There will always be things are in the series that don't necessarily translate well to the mod, and I feel the vulnerability of Kings Landing as a seat of power in Westeros is one of these things.
Everyones entitled to an opinion.. I was saying I feel Kings Landing ought to be harder to take.. I didn't ask anyone to change it, nor do I expect it to happen.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Mycose said:
Hi guys !

First, really big WOW for your job on the mod, it's really nice and fun to play :smile:

Now i have 3 questions :grin:

1 - I'm currently in version 1.1, is it possible to continue my save with the 1.2 which just came out ?

2 - I'm currently starting my own kingdom but i tried to recruit lords and they always says that they are pleased with there king...is it possible to recruit them at least ?
Even if they are 50 reputation with me, i dont have the chooses to explain that i'll be a better king haha

3 - And finally, where can i find "bolt of velvet" i have gone through 6 or 7 cities and none have velvet, and i dont remember looting some when pillaging ?

Thanks for your answers !

1 - No

2 - Most definitely, have your chancellor check out the domestic policy of a kingdom and use http://floris.wikia.com/wiki/Domestic_Policy to see whether the lords in the kingdom are losing or gaining relations with their king monthly, especially factions that are never in a war or factions that are losing a war will tend to have unhappy lords.
Domestic policies are usually random but I found both Stormlands and Riverlands lords to be very fickle while Westerlands lords seem to be very happy with Tywin, this most likely has something to do with the low renown of Renly & Edmure as well.

Remember - the most important factor is to consider how happy lords are with their current lord, if they're very unhappy even lords with lower relations will want to leave their current situation behind.

3 - Cities in Pentos sell bolts of velvet occasionally (i.e. the other side of the sea).

Hi

Is this just me or since 1.2 I can only find profitable business with breweries??

And please, remove the random events that make you lose stats...it is difficult enough to have a proper character and a single mushroom makes you lose 2 levels :sad:

ignasigh said:
Hi

Is this just me or since 1.2 I can only find profitable business with breweries??

And please, remove the random events that make you lose stats...it is difficult enough to have a proper character and a single mushroom makes you lose 2 levels :sad:

I have bought 1 velvet factory and it gives me 600 a week, so maybe it depends on how the economy changed in your game. Also for the stat problem, you can't disable it but you can always "import-export" your character and put back the lost stats.

TBBlackerz said:

I've seen the Dothraki lords in Westeros too. The first horde to cross the Narrow Sea... And Tywin Lannister gives him King's Landing. XD In a few of my playthroughs (Strangely not all of them) the invading factions suffer from a lot of defections. Even if their faction is doing well. Haven't been able to figure out why. Around a week or two in-game time, the Targaryens lost three lords to defection. And the Khalasar, despite taking I think 3 cities, lost quite a few lords as well. Seeing a dothraki Ko fighting for Robb Stark and another one fighting for Tywin... Kind of messes with the immersion in a silly way. :razz:

Moddingspree said:
ignasigh said:
Hi

I have bought 1 velvet factory and it gives me 600 a week, so maybe it depends on how the economy changed in your game. Also for the stat problem, you can't disable it but you can always "import-export" your character and put back the lost stats.

My fault..I have changed the economic level to "medium" and the result was that most of the business gave negative profit.

About losing stats, yep good hint  :grin:, so far I am killing the EXE and opening it again  :roll:

Cydas said:
Yes, either reduce the harshness of the random event penalties or make more events with positive results(are there even any?) ATM it's easy to reach the point where your character gets weakened by events faster than stronger by leveling, which is extremely frustrating.

THIS!

Rgds, Oldtimer

I am a king and my Faction has 3 cities, however, when I ask my wife to move our residence to a different city she says she will do it, takes my wool and tools and doesn't move. Does anybody else have this problem?

I own all of the cities.

Back
Top Bottom