SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Bug

From the sixtieth day, all merchants only sell a peasant tunic and boots. What Am I suppose to do ? don't want to restart my part :p

Bugs reports are not reproach against you, we try to help you make your perfect game :smile:, i love this mod and it's a fuc***g good work :smile:, I can't wait the next maj :wink:

An other thing, There's somes RGL WARNGING crashs, when i finished to trained peasants, when the bandits are coming, and when i tooke a walk around the streets in sunspear (i had to met a spy). If you have an answer i take it :p

BrunoHCE said:
Cozur said:
BrunoHCE, there's no need to report the same bugs over and over again.

Which one? Because you're always complaining "Where is the screenshot?", "this is no report", "you're dumb, give me a screenshot to understand" and i haven't seen none of these before.

And yeah, Tywin is naked when you interact with him but armored in battle despite it's a weird armor but that's okay.

Well I know I reported all of those except the longbow the day after 0.8 came out, so...

AnddyiRaynor said:
BrunoHCE said:
Cozur said:

Which one? Because you're always complaining "Where is the screenshot?", "this is no report", "you're dumb, give me a screenshot to understand" and i haven't seen none of these before.

And yeah, Tywin is naked when you interact with him but armored in battle despite it's a weird armor but that's okay.

Well I know I reported all of those except the longbow the day after 0.8 came out, so...

That is not true.  The fourth, yep. Also, i do not care, this is no competition, at least for me. I'm just trying to help and if you (Cozur) think my help is meaningless, just say and i won't post anything else.

Tywin gave me Plowman's Hill and the elder was replaced by this one. The others villages are okay.

Well, as someone who just tested the mod I thought I might throw in my 2 cents.

There are some pretty glaring cons to installing this. While the map, characters and anything I&F related are wonderful, some of the mod features are borderline unbearable:
  • Diplomacy on the overworld map causes the game to be jerky and horrible. Personally I consider this a game breaker considering how much time you spend riding around the overworld in search of enemies to fight, or following your marshal. I'd almost say it could be ignorable if it didn't screw up mouse controls like camera rotation when the quick chops happen. (And they happen with almost every diplomatic action the lords take, meaning it happens at LEAST every 20 seconds)
  • Kevan Lannister is missing his cuirass for some reason. Not gamebreaking, but clearly not what he's supposed to be geared with.

If anything, I'd love to see a sister mod that contains all but the diplomacy features released alongside this current build that does. While it's really nice to be a vassal of Tywin Lannister and go around making the lives of other kingdoms hell, the choppiness on the overworld is just too much for me to put up with.

For what it's worth, those who CAN run the diplomacy smoothly probably love the mod. From what I can see it's pretty well made and the changes to character generation/gear/mobs are genuinely enjoyable.

Just hit day 250 on my latest playthrough.  Runs smooth and the only thing i've really noticed is that some Lannisters don't like to wear clothes in casual conversation. 

Definately the most comprehensive and epic mod i've played thus far.  Much love to the development person(s).

BrunoHCE said:
AnddyiRaynor said:
BrunoHCE said:
Cozur said:

That is not true.  The fourth, yep. Also, i do not care, this is no competition, at least for me. I'm just trying to help and if you (Cozur) think my help is meaningless, just say and i won't post anything else.

Tywin gave me Plowman's Hill and the elder was replaced by this one. The others villages are okay.

Not recently yes, but over a month or two ago because they were there then.

I started the mod and was amazed at the huge maps and the great detail from the books. However it still feels like a dead world. Few bandit parties and lack of exciting equipment. Normally I love the feeling of working towards affording/looting some great equipment but here it seems like I can get the best swords in the beginning of the game!? Best one I found in stores was longsword made in castle with 35 dmg and it was pretty cheap.

Could someone tell me if there are some really great equipment to be found? Something to strive for apart from becoming a king (which is always a lot of hassle). 

Hello, I have problems when loading the game crash. My computer is:
Core 2 Quad
500 GB HD
2GB RAM
Geforce 9500 GT 1GB

can someone help?

You'll need to provide a bit more information than that. When exactly does it crash, on the splash screen when the game is loading or when you are loading a save. Is there a message when it crashes?

Autimneus said:
  • Diplomacy on the overworld map causes the game to be jerky and horrible. Personally I consider this a game breaker considering how much time you spend riding around the overworld in search of enemies to fight, or following your marshal. I'd almost say it could be ignorable if it didn't screw up mouse controls like camera rotation when the quick chops happen. (And they happen with almost every diplomatic action the lords take, meaning it happens at LEAST every 20 seconds)

I noticed that a lot of people are reporting slowdowns in the game - but I'm running the game on a so-so laptop without any problems. 60FPS on the overworld, 30-45FPS during battles (depending on how much is going on where I'm standing). I've got four gigs of RAM, a dual-core processor, and an entry-level 2012 Radeon - it seems like if I can run the mod well, anybody should be able to.

At any rate, I think at least one other person has mentioned this, but just to stress: so far, I haven't been able to find any town/castle scenes that allow you to manually enter their prison once you kill the prison guard. This is a very frustrating issue, because it breaks any of the "go rescue my relative" quests (which are already broken, interestingly enough: if you tell the Lord that you can't do it, you won't lose any relation points with them - however, you can then immediately take the quest again, instantly receiving 1 relation point with them; ostensibly, you could sit there and spam the series of choices available to infinitely boost your relationship with whoever is giving out this quest).

johnhughthom said:
You'll need to provide a bit more information than that. When exactly does it crash, on the splash screen when the game is loading or when you are loading a save. Is there a message when it crashes?

Thanks for responding.

It is the start screen of the game when the game is loading, there appears no option menu. I get no error message, just:

Warband has stopped working and will close. * With 85% of the loading bar filled.

In version 6.0 it was the same problem, played in version 4.0 without problems.

Warband 1.153

jhonatas said:
johnhughthom said:

Thanks for responding.

It is the start screen of the game when the game is loading, there appears no option menu. I get no error message, just:

Warband has stopped working and will close. * With 85% of the loading bar filled.

Sounds like you run out of Video Memory. Is the plausible explanation, according to the specs you posted, your PC is not super-duper.

Scriblerias said:
Autimneus said:

I noticed that a lot of people are reporting slowdowns in the game - but I'm running the game on a so-so laptop without any problems. 60FPS on the overworld, 30-45FPS during battles (depending on how much is going on where I'm standing). I've got four gigs of RAM, a dual-core processor, and an entry-level 2012 Radeon - it seems like if I can run the mod well, anybody should be able to.

At any rate, I think at least one other person has mentioned this, but just to stress: so far, I haven't been able to find any town/castle scenes that allow you to manually enter their prison once you kill the prison guard. This is a very frustrating issue, because it breaks any of the "go rescue my relative" quests (which are already broken, interestingly enough: if you tell the Lord that you can't do it, you won't lose any relation points with them - however, you can then immediately take the quest again, instantly receiving 1 relation point with them; ostensibly, you could sit there and spam the series of choices available to infinitely boost your relationship with whoever is giving out this quest).

I'm working on the  prison bug, but really have no idea what is causing it. Very frustrating.

Autimneus said:
Well, as someone who just tested the mod I thought I might throw in my 2 cents.

There are some pretty glaring cons to installing this. While the map, characters and anything I&F related are wonderful, some of the mod features are borderline unbearable:
  • Kevan Lannister is missing his cuirass for some reason. Not gamebreaking, but clearly not what he's supposed to be geared with.

If anything, I'd love to see a sister mod that contains all but the diplomacy features released alongside this current build that does. While it's really nice to be a vassal of Tywin Lannister and go around making the lives of other kingdoms hell, the choppiness on the overworld is just too much for me to put up with.

For what it's worth, those who CAN run the diplomacy smoothly probably love the mod. From what I can see it's pretty well made and the changes to character generation/gear/mobs are genuinely enjoyable.

Hopefully, there should be no more issues with naked lords in 0.9, but the bug does seem to be somewhat random.

On the topic of Diplomacy slowing down the game, I agree with you, it must be very annoying for those experiencing it. I won't be able to remove Diplomacy without breaking the files, but once 0.9 has been released, I'll work on getting it to be less annoying.

Cozur said:
jhonatas said:
johnhughthom said:

Thanks for responding.

Sounds like you run out of Video Memory. Is the plausible explanation, according to the specs you posted, your PC is not super-duper.

I understand.

My PC takes too many games with good graphics. I thought I could play the MOD without problems, it's a shame, I really like the game. This problem happens only with the Clash of king.

jhonatas said:
johnhughthom said:

Thanks for responding.

Warband 1.153

If it is a memory issue, you can try ticking the "Load Textures On Demand" option in the configuration menu before you boot up the game. Your 9500 GT is an entry-level card from 2008 - so it could either be an issue with GPU memory, or it could be your RAM. A stick of RAM doesn't cost too much and isn't terribly difficult to install (though your local computer store can easily provide you with, and then install, a new stick), but if it's your GPU's memory, you're just going to have to pony up for a new card. Newer entry-level cards can run you $50 to $100, and also isn't terribly difficult to install (though if you're not computer savvy, you're better off getting a store to do it - it'll run you an extra $50 or so for labor, most likely, but if anything goes wrong they'll be liable for it, most likely).

My personal recommendation on a somewhat older budget card is the GeForce GTS 450. It's a mid-level card from 2010, and it's what I have in my rig back home (not currently with me, sadly; relegated to the laptop!); on that rig, I can run ArmA II just about maxed out, along with hundreds of other beautiful games. I'd also recommend beefing up your RAM anyway, just because 2GB is very low for gaming. All together, if you're going to get that card (or any $100 card) and some RAM, going to a store might run you about $150 to $200. You can also pay somebody to assemble a new rig that would be far superior to your current one for $600 to $800, though I know that it's hard to find that kind of money laying about.

At any rate, hope some of that helps, and sorry that you can't run the mod - it's quite fun! Also, thanks for the reply about the prison bug, Cozur. Wish I could help; I've no idea about M&B modding, though my first thought would be that there's something wrong with the scenes themselves (the actual existence of doors within them, that is), though you've probably got a better handle on it than I do regardless. Good luck! And looking forward to 0.9.

jhonatas said:
Cozur said:
jhonatas said:
johnhughthom said:

Thanks for responding.

I understand.

My PC takes too many games with good graphics. I thought I could play the MOD without problems, it's a shame, I really like the game. This problem happens only with the Clash of king.

I don't know what to tell you. You need a lot of Video Memory, because of the insane way Mount and Blade: Warband is set up.

In lighter news, I managed to fix the family relations. They're now proper, no fathers married to their daughters, and most should be 100% canon.

Scriblerias said:
jhonatas said:
johnhughthom said:

Thanks for responding.

Warband 1.153

If it is a memory issue, you can try ticking the "Load Textures On Demand" option in the configuration menu before you boot up the game. Your 9500 GT is an entry-level card from 2008 - so it could either be an issue with GPU memory, or it could be your RAM. A stick of RAM doesn't cost too much and isn't terribly difficult to install (though your local computer store can easily provide you with, and then install, a new stick), but if it's your GPU's memory, you're just going to have to pony up for a new card. Newer entry-level cards can run you $50 to $100, and also isn't terribly difficult to install (though if you're not computer savvy, you're better off getting a store to do it - it'll run you an extra $50 or so for labor, most likely, but if anything goes wrong they'll be liable for it, most likely).

My personal recommendation on a somewhat older budget card is the GeForce GTS 450. It's a mid-level card from 2010, and it's what I have in my rig back home (not currently with me, sadly; relegated to the laptop!); on that rig, I can run ArmA II just about maxed out, along with hundreds of other beautiful games. I'd also recommend beefing up your RAM anyway, just because 2GB is very low for gaming. All together, if you're going to get that card (or any $100 card) and some RAM, going to a store might run you about $150 to $200. You can also pay somebody to assemble a new rig that would be far superior to your current one for $600 to $800, though I know that it's hard to find that kind of money laying about.

At any rate, hope some of that helps, and sorry that you can't run the mod - it's quite fun! Also, thanks for the reply about the prison bug, Cozur. Wish I could help; I've no idea about M&B modding, though my first thought would be that there's something wrong with the scenes themselves (the actual existence of doors within them, that is), though you've probably got a better handle on it than I do regardless. Good luck! And looking forward to 0.9.

Uoooow, "Load Textures On Demand"  It seems to have solved my problem, enter the options menu. Thank you! Now we'll see how the game will behave. Thanks for helping.

jhonatas said:
Scriblerias said:
jhonatas said:
johnhughthom said:

Thanks for responding.

Warband 1.153

Uoooow, "Load Textures On Demand"  It seems to have solved my problem, enter the options menu. Thank you! Now we'll see how the game will behave. Thanks for helping.

No problem! If your computer was that resistant to running the game, however, I suggest downloading a program called SpeedFan for free and monitoring your rig's internal temps just in case. You don't want anything overheating and frying itself.

Back
Top Bottom