SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I just downloaded the mod but I can't get past the character creation screen. I'm sorry if someone already had this problem and talked about it here but 72 pages is too much for me to search through.

So, I get to the character background part ... and click "Done" once I'm done ... then everything gets black and the game stays at that. I click done and hear the sound of coins dropping and everything is black, the music goes on but that is all. Task manager says the game is running fine so what is the problem?

I did manage to create a character the very first time I tried the game but I never saved that game and I can't load that character.

At first I thought it had something to do with the choice of those 16 NPCs at the tavern Yes/No at the beginning but after 6 or so tries with different choices I don't think it is.

Please help I'd like to play xD

Kova031 said:
I just downloaded the mod but I can't get past the character creation screen. I'm sorry if someone already had this problem and talked about it here but 72 pages is too much for me to search through.

So, I get to the character background part ... and click "Done" once I'm done ... then everything gets black and the game stays at that. I click done and hear the sound of coins dropping and everything is black, the music goes on but that is all. Task manager says the game is running fine so what is the problem?

I did manage to create a character the very first time I tried the game but I never saved that game and I can't load that character.

At first I thought it had something to do with the choice of those 16 NPCs at the tavern Yes/No at the beginning but after 6 or so tries with different choices I don't think it is.

this happens when you create a new game with the 1.151 version of warband installed. I'm using the 1.143 version and it works fine here.

yipster said:
Kova031 said:

this happens when you create a new game with the 1.151 version of warband installed. I'm using the 1.143 version and it works fine here.

I got my M&B at Steam today ... I have no idea how to change the version of the game especially not to an older version. I think Steam does all the updates automatically. Please help

I can't help you there mate. I got lucky when as soon as 1.151 came out i downloaded the older version from this website. They updated it now though, so i guess you have to wait till the mod gets updated.

sorry :sad:

IMPORTANT NOTE

It seems this problem is of a specific nature ... I am unable to create a character of noble descent, it seems the part where I should pick a flag is bugged or something. Any other character background works, only the impoverished noble causes problems.

Great Mod. I am enjoying it quite a bit.
The only immediate need for me is more water crossings between continents.

Kova031 said:
I got my M&B at Steam today ... I have no idea how to change the version of the game especially not to an older version. I think Steam does all the updates automatically. Please help

You should be able to download 1.143 from here: http://download.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_setup_1143.exe

I have a Steam copy myself and it works fine for me.

Kova031 said:
IMPORTANT NOTE

It seems this problem is of a specific nature ... I am unable to create a character of noble descent, it seems the part where I should pick a flag is bugged or something. Any other character background works, only the impoverished noble causes problems.

Please don't spam the topic with problems that arise when using 1.151. The mod is for 1.143.

Cozur said:
Kova031 said:
IMPORTANT NOTE

Please don't spam the topic with problems that arise when using 1.151. The mod is for 1.143.

Instead of calling it "spam" why dont you release a quick bugfix? it would take a matter of minutes and it would go a long way to making your fans happy and content with your mod. rather then bash it and scream Y U NO WORK

No mod will be patched untill Tw provide a stable version . If u want to play any mod it's prettye simple , stay in 1.143 a few more week. Warband is not a huge game , that's not bad to have 2 on your hard drive.

And no it doesn't take a few minute , there is some new trick on the last patch that change something, that's why there is some error with playing the mod in 1.15x

Kova031 said:
IMPORTANT NOTE

Thanks for telling this!
I will test it RIGHT NOW!

I noticed that Stannis Baratheon wears the usual symbols of House Baratheon instead of his personal symbol with the Baratheon's Stag inside a flaming R'hollor Heart... You should change it when you can.

Thymaius said:
I noticed that Stannis Baratheon wears the usual symbols of House Baratheon instead of his personal symbol with the Baratheon's Stag inside a flaming R'hollor Heart... You should change it when you can.

It has already been changed for 0.5.
The flag of Dragonstone now shows the Fire of R'hollor and the crowned stag of Baratheon.

Hurleur said:
No mod will be patched untill Tw provide a stable version . If u want to play any mod it's prettye simple , stay in 1.143 a few more week. Warband is not a huge game , that's not bad to have 2 on your hard drive.

And no it doesn't take a few minute , there is some new trick on the last patch that change something, that's why there is some error with playing the mod in 1.15x

a quick patch to change the black screen of the starting with "Impoverished Noble" should take no more then a few minutes...

Cozur said:
Installing 1.143 shouldn't take more than 20 minutes.

Yes, I installed the the older version and have no problems anymore. The mod is awesome, truly. Can't wait for the real-deal. :grin:

will 0.5 be compatible with the newest version of warband?

(also why dont you add some more in-game screenshots to the 1st page. might help this mod get a bit more publicity?)

thanks,

(also why dont you add some more in-game screenshots to the 1st page. might help this mod get a bit more publicity?)

^agreed^

On another matter does anyone else get unbearable lag when doing Tournaments? and is there any way to fix this? (It is not my computer as this is the only mod it happens with) Everything else is really good though, keep up the good work Cozur

Back
Top Bottom