SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Neotorrent said:
How does the recruitment at castles/towns work. I have the option to increase recruitment at 800 gold a pop, and seem to be able to stack them. But I dont get any recruits? There is no 'recruit' option or send out recruiter? I just get back to may castle, my number of available recruiters is 0 and I have no one new! Any ideas?

Thanks

Speak to your seneschal (or constable), he has options for recruiting in the recruiter way (where you choose from 5-50 and the recruits' faction). Recruiting by adding money to the treasure generates some random troops in your castle, upgraded or not.

Also remember the recruiter is an actual troop, and he'll be easy target if sent to hostile lands. Recruit from safe places only, or it'll be a waste of denars.

Jeebus68 said:
I apologize if it has been asked before. Where do I find a list that show what companions like each other. Everyone is threatening to leave my party.

I tried having like 20 companions before and it didn't work, try to work your way from few characters that like each other and add in some more slowly but surely while asking them how they like how things are going in the company from time to time. I haven't figured out how to search single topics at this forum yet, but you can just Ctrl-F and search for companions for each site, the wished list should be in the newest like 30 sites...

Headmaster said:
Neotorrent said:
How does the recruitment at castles/towns work. I have the option to increase recruitment at 800 gold a pop, and seem to be able to stack them. But I dont get any recruits? There is no 'recruit' option or send out recruiter? I just get back to may castle, my number of available recruiters is 0 and I have no one new! Any ideas?

Thanks

Speak to your seneschal (or constable), he has options for recruiting in the recruiter way (where you choose from 5-50 and the recruits' faction). Recruiting by adding money to the treasure generates some random troops in your castle, upgraded or not.

Also remember the recruiter is an actual troop, and he'll be easy target if sent to hostile lands. Recruit from safe places only, or it'll be a waste of denars.

Found it, thanks!!

Agrippa91 said:
Jeebus68 said:
I apologize if it has been asked before. Where do I find a list that show what companions like each other. Everyone is threatening to leave my party.

I tried having like 20 companions before and it didn't work, try to work your way from few characters that like each other and add in some more slowly but surely while asking them how they like how things are going in the company from time to time. I haven't figured out how to search single topics at this forum yet, but you can just Ctrl-F and search for companions for each site, the wished list should be in the newest like 30 sites...

not sure if serious... but right next to the search button there's a drop down menu with options- this topic, this board, entire forum etc...

Neotorrent said:

Thanks
In addition to the other responses given :
The menu option Manage Castle > Recruit... recruits additional troops (above the Seneschal recruiters which can be killed on the map). You can invest 800 coins per shot in that special Castle option and it practically doubles the number of troops that will accumulate in your castle (I also think that option does not have recruiters on the map as such; not sure).

If you use both, you can very quickly get over 100 troops in your castle and you need near 175 to avoid gratuitous sieges.

Oh, I always search with the button on the left, not the one on the right top :oops:

Other things I've already pointed out in previous versions but still need fixing:

- The Reach is not at war with the Targaryens. Why? I'm sure Mace Tyrell would fight if his son went to war. This also creates awkward scenarios where the player over time becomes an enemy of the Reach (because of negative relation with Stormland lords) while all the other Targaryens don't care and seem to come along fine with them.

- Minor issue: Mounted Targaryen Serjeants are considered "Infantry" instead of "Cavalry"

Suggestions related to King's Landing :
  • In my game, with all Diplomatic settings on, the Lanisters have not done much effort to keep or retake King's Landing after it was taken by the Stormlands and then Riverlands. The factions with a contender should logically want to conquer King's Landing and keep it. EDIT: ok, the Lanisters just retook the city ironically after I wrote this :oops:
  • King's Landing has a port in Game of Thrones of course. I know you know this and you therefore did not place one there for tactical reasons I'm guessing, but it could be considered, maybe with limitations. (Ideally, ship routes could be shown on the map as 'whitish' trails in the body of water or the "sailable" parts could have a different texture.)
  • Controlling King's Landing could give a particular bonus or possible "winning condition" as in you become king if you hold it for let's say two months (I have not played enough to know if there already is a such option or effect).
Tip to players about font size :

You can modify the font size and spacing by editing the file FONT_DATA.XML
located at ...\MountBlade Warband\Modules\ACOK1.0\Data

You will see :
Code:
<FontData width="2048" height="1024" padding="10" font_size="100" font_scale="100" line_spacing="100">
Change the numbers for font_scale (eg. between 105 and 120) and/or line_spacing (font_size will not help, on the contrary ironically. I don't recommend changing the other parts).

Could someone share the troop tree upgrades : if anyone knows where I can see this image online or here. I do not have access to it with my version (Warband 1.15:cool:.

Hey Guys,
I was wondering, how I can put diplomacy settings and all that settings like in diplomacy mod in Native?
I mean I already have diplomacy mod but it dont have all that stuff like in A Clash of Kings, like loan or change commander when you atack somebody, or to select wich solders to have in next battle, or to make two partyes...stuffs like this.

Is there a way to increase bandit/raider spawn rates? I am having trouble leveling up armies without tagging on to a war host which at the best of times dont seem to know where they are going or break sieges for insignificant armies.

Yahiko said:
Hey Guys,
I was wondering, how I can put diplomacy settings and all that settings like in diplomacy mod in Native?
I mean I already have diplomacy mod but it dont have all that stuff like in A Clash of Kings, like loan or change commander when you atack somebody, or to select wich solders to have in next battle, or to make two partyes...stuffs like this.

Why don't you try the Floris Mod.  It is basically a polished version of Native with everything you are asking for.

Plaidrab said:
Why don't you try the Floris Mod.  It is basically a polished version of Native with everything you are asking for.
I will try it tomorow, but I wanna know how to put myself that in game...

Hello, I am playing on a 1920x1200 resolution and the UI scale is incredibly small. It is hard to read some things in most cases. Is there a way to change it?

Arche said:
Hello, I am playing on a 1920x1200 resolution and the UI scale is incredibly small. It is hard to read some things in most cases. Is there a way to change it?
If you read a few messages below your post...

Tip to players about font size :

You can modify the font size and spacing by editing the file FONT_DATA.XML
located at ...\MountBlade Warband\Modules\ACOK1.0\Data

You will see :
Code:
<FontData width="2048" height="1024" padding="10" font_size="100" font_scale="100" line_spacing="100">
Change the numbers for font_scale (eg. between 105 and 120) and/or line_spacing (font_size will not help, on the contrary ironically. I don't recommend changing the other parts).

OI!  This is a great mod, however the enhanced dust effects are killing my framerate.  CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO REVERT BACK TO VANILLA DUST EFFECTS!?!  Thank you very much.

hey, just captured a city but it's really poor, and I was wondering, is there anyway to increase it's wealth? make caravans trade there or something? because it kinda sucks

Back
Top Bottom