SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Seighfryd said:
Follow-up on the tournament weaponry bug : in Winterfell, I always had the proper weapons during the tournament. I'm saying as that fact could help isolate the bug.

Ps : I don't have access to the "troop trees" with Warband 1.158 and ACOK1.0 hotfix.

The tournament weaponry bug has to do with character strength. Occasionally, you will be assigned weapons you don't have enough strength to use. Perhaps the Winterfell loadout has lower requirements/you had raised your strength by the time you tried it.

Yahiko said:
Yea, them and Jaime Lannister and Lancer Lannister.
Jaime is already in the mod as a lord with an army.

Lancer? I think you mean Lancel Lannister, and yeah, I'd like to see him in the mod.

Fasty said:
Yahiko said:
Yea, them and Jaime Lannister and Lancer Lannister.
Jaime is already in the mod as a lord with an army.

Lancer? I think you mean Lancel Lannister, and yeah, I'd like to see him in the mod.
Yea, Lancel, tnx:smile:  Sorry was just a mistake of typing

Gilwe said:
Reppyboyo said:
Can anyone tell me how to finish the quest involving Hillhall (in the north)?
Ive followed it best I can but cant find a single way to finish it.

I goto hillhall to scout, talk to the woman. She says to go see some woman in another town (cant remember right now)
I talk to her, then her daughter and from here im stuck.
Going to Gerold does nothing, I cant find anything near the abondoned ruins, what am I missing?

You should find an old man in there. Talk to him, make the right dialogue choices, exit the ruins and fight his small army. Return to White Harbor and enter the Castle, speak to whoever progresses the quest there. Return to the Tavern and end the quest at the person who gave it to you..
I have a similar problem:
I talked to the septon, went to Hillhall afterwards where I talked to the women. I talked to the gossip girl and laid the girl (though I was a common woman I got referred to as "my lord"). I then went to the Abandoned Ruins afterwards, talked to the old man and fought the wights.
Now when I return to the tavern in White Harbor the old man just gives me the old quest (again), the second time he tells me to go see Rodrik at the castle, but when I speak to him I automatically say "I forgot" to his "what do you want".

Agrippa91 said:
Gilwe said:
Reppyboyo said:
Can anyone tell me how to finish the quest involving Hillhall (in the north)?
Ive followed it best I can but cant find a single way to finish it.

I goto hillhall to scout, talk to the woman. She says to go see some woman in another town (cant remember right now)
I talk to her, then her daughter and from here im stuck.
Going to Gerold does nothing, I cant find anything near the abondoned ruins, what am I missing?

You should find an old man in there. Talk to him, make the right dialogue choices, exit the ruins and fight his small army. Return to White Harbor and enter the Castle, speak to whoever progresses the quest there. Return to the Tavern and end the quest at the person who gave it to you..
I have a similar problem:
I talked to the septon, went to Hillhall afterwards where I talked to the women. I talked to the gossip girl and laid the girl (though I was a common woman I got referred to as "my lord"). I then went to the Abandoned Ruins afterwards, talked to the old man and fought the wights.
Now when I return to the tavern in White Harbor the old man just gives me the old quest (again), the second time he tells me to go see Rodrik at the castle, but when I speak to him I automatically say "I forgot" to his "what do you want".
I had the glitch, but I restarted it from scratch, without reloading (no save on the way), and it worked.
a) re-talked to the woman in the dead village ;
b) talked to the old lady (who then had menu options/answers), then her daughter ;
c) went to the old holdfast and talked to old fart there ...
d) I won't say the rest to avoid spoiling. In the end, only, you talk to Gerold.

Well, loading would've been hard since I play on "realistic" ^^
Thanks for the help though, I did as you said. The quest really only works when you keep one exact route while the npcs are there the whole time, meaning when you talk to them though you're not supposed to, you pretty much have to start the quest from the beginning (I e.g. talked to the old man who was still in the ruins after the fight). Thankfully that's possible though.
It seemed a little strange to me that you have to talk to Brandon when you return, he hasn't been introduced or anything.
So here for the archive the complete quest:
Talk to the septon in the cavern of White Harbor

Go to Hillhall and talk to the woman about what happened (I didn't have the text option the first time, had to return and talk to the septon again before I had one). She sends you to Barrowton

Talk to the old woman and her daughter in Barrowton. The daughter mentions the abandoned holdfast near the Dreadfort

Go there and talk to the old man forcing him to tell you where the wildlings are.

Leave the ruins and fight the army.

Go to White Harbor and talk to Rupert in the castle (before you talk to the septon again!), then the septon who gives you your reward.

Agrippa91 said:
Well, loading would've been hard since I play on "realistic" ^^ [...]
Just a quick response to mention that using the 'realistic' (auto-save) mode is really dangerous for the following reason: when a game crashes near the beginning or end of an auto-save, your saved game can become corrupt and impossible to repair (which is hell if you just played 100+ hours!).  The safe route though is to make a few alternative 'saves' (Save game as) as back-ups, as I understand the auto-save adds thrill and challenge.

i.e. It happened to me on a game I had been working on for months (though it was a good thing I was forcibly stopped and made to try something else).

Seighfryd said:
Agrippa91 said:
Well, loading would've been hard since I play on "realistic" ^^ [...]
Just a quick response to mention that using the 'realistic' (auto-save) mode is really dangerous for the following reason: when a game crashes near the beginning or end of an auto-save, your saved game can become corrupt and impossible to repair (which is hell if you just played 100+ hours!).  The safe route though is to make a few alternative 'saves' (Save game as) as back-ups, as I understand the auto-save adds thrill and challenge.

i.e. It happened to me on a game I had been working on for months (though it was a good thing I was forcibly stopped and made to try something else).

Well, the last character I played (about 12 hours in) got a corrupted save file because my laptop ran out of power as I was in a shop inventory, resulting in every town/village henceforth only selling one farmer outfit  :wink:
Henceforth I save the file every (RL) day after playing on the desktop so I don't get the same issue again.
Thanks for the warning nevertheless, I can only recommend to other people reading this to do the same thing when playing on "realistic". That is btw just an awesome experience since you don't just fall in the mood to (be able to) reload every tournament/battle resulting in you not really being able to "lose". You have to think much harder about planing campaigns or committing to a fight this way  :smile:

Edit: When I talk to the bard in the Ruins of Goyan Drohe, I only say "Good Day, bard" and he responds "good day, [name]" :???:

Cozur, I still have a certain bug that no one can help with. Can you take a gander and help me out? Link to the bug (screenie):
cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/848093507595664573/1359896EC706186BBF55B9474200C3F44854046A/

JohnFromSteam said:
Cozur, I still have a certain bug that no one can help with. Can you take a gander and help me out? Link to the bug (screenie):
cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/848093507595664573/1359896EC706186BBF55B9474200C3F44854046A/
John, a lot of us have the bug and we mentioned it in recent posts. But, on my side, the menus still work.

Really awesome 1.0 so far, but there are a few things that still need to be fixed imo:

- There are no longer any bandit lair quests! The lairs are still there, they just don't seem to bother the lord of the nearest town. Extremely frustrating since these quests always gave a heck lot of exp and denars while just killing the bandits brings almost nothing.

- There need to be way more river crossings/sea routes. There's one city from Volantis (Ruins of Sar Mell) that's just at the other side of the river but to reach it you have to travel half of the map! There're several city coasts that don't have ferries across the nearest river, e.g. Myr, so you have to travel for 1 day to get around big rivers and lakes there, too.
I like that White Harbor and Sunspear now are connected to the searoute net, but somehow Oldtown and the sea route White Harbor-Braavos no longer exists. Also a harbor in Gulltown would make the Eyrie more visitable (it's not really paying of atm).

- I understand that you no longer want villagers because of the lag, but what about caravans for every nation? It's really hard to provoke war without them (quest), but they also do much for the prosperity of the town.

- In the books Dorne kept out of the war because it waited for the Targaryen heir to come. I know that Aegon is not Daenerys, but for sure Prince Oberyn would join forces with one of the two last Targaryens before letting him die at the hand of his enemies, right? So Dorne should join the Targaryens as soon as they land imo...

To the new NPCs: I would really like to see the faceless men! You could implement a quest to do a series of assassinations for this guild.

Having issues with ACOF 1.0. There are no training fields or tourney fields showing up on my map. Is this intentional or something?

Agrippa91 said:
Really awesome 1.0 so far, but there are a few things that still need to be fixed imo:

- There are no longer any bandit lair quests! The lairs are still there, they just don't seem to bother the lord of the nearest town. Extremely frustrating since these quests always gave a heck lot of exp and denars while just killing the bandits brings almost nothing.

- There need to be way more river crossings/sea routes. There's one city from Volantis (Ruins of Sar Mell) that's just at the other side of the river but to reach it you have to travel half of the map! There're several city coasts that don't have ferries across the nearest river, e.g. Myr, so you have to travel for 1 day to get around big rivers and lakes there, too.
I like that White Harbor and Sunspear now are connected to the searoute net, but somehow Oldtown and the sea route White Harbor-Braavos no longer exists. Also a harbor in Gulltown would make the Eyrie more visitable (it's not really paying of atm).

- I understand that you no longer want villagers because of the lag, but what about caravans for every nation? It's really hard to provoke war without them (quest), but they also do much for the prosperity of the town.

- In the books Dorne kept out of the war because it waited for the Targaryen heir to come. I know that Aegon is not Daenerys, but for sure Prince Oberyn would join forces with one of the two last Targaryens before letting him die at the hand of his enemies, right? So Dorne should join the Targaryens as soon as they land imo...

To the new NPCs: I would really like to see the faceless men! You could implement a quest to do a series of assassinations for this guild.

+1.  Too all of it.  Really like the faceless man quest idea.

I never use realistic when playing any mod.  The chances of corruption and inopportune crashes are just too high.  That's not a dig at this mod, simply a reality of playing any modification.  Actually, that's a reality of playing pretty much any game, modified or no.

@Cozur-

Is there any way to introduce a kind of randomness to the diplomacy after a certain day?  I understand, and agree with, diplomacy being locked up to the invasion, but after that, say day 400 or so, we're entering into the realm of the unknown, lore-wise.  I think that there could be some added randomness at that point.

DaekTwentri said:
Having issues with ACOF 1.0. There are no training fields or tourney fields showing up on my map. Is this intentional or something?

Is that an issue?

Is that an issue?

Yeah, training peasants without a training field is quite annoying especially when outlaws and raiders which have mounted units decided to attack me. I did see previous version have a tourney field, but 1.0 doesn't have em. I'm not sure whether it's just my game or it's intentionally taken out.

Seighfryd said:
JohnFromSteam said:
John, a lot of us have the bug and we mentioned it in recent posts. But, on my side, the menus still work.
Oh sorry about that, I just didn't any posts about the same bug that I have. Well hopefully there is a fix soon.

How does the recruitment at castles/towns work. I have the option to increase recruitment at 800 gold a pop, and seem to be able to stack them. But I dont get any recruits? There is no 'recruit' option or send out recruiter? I just get back to may castle, my number of available recruiters is 0 and I have no one new! Any ideas?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom