SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Yozzer said:
@Krisvk  If performance is bad, at the main config screen when you start Warband, try disabling sound and see if that helps. I had a Soundblaster card installed, and found using the onboard sound gave better performance, (buggy drivers). I know it sounds a bit odd sound causing a problem in performance, but give it a try, if it works, you can look  into that.
A big cause of lag on the main map is using ctrl T to see all the map and leaving it on, this causes huge judder due to having to produce and display all the moving items on the map, but then you may well have known that, but it only happens on "large busy maps".
There is software that runs programs, mainly games, in a virtual machine with nothing else running, I used to use one until I upgraded to a super Warband special PC but it was a while ago so you will need google around. Memory leak which can be a problem is helped by having 24gb ram  :shock:
Hope some of this helps, this is a great mod and worth some effort to get the best from it.
That actually kinda worked, but something weird happen. When I was launching my saved game this happen: initializing map... launching game... finished... initializing map... launching game... finished... initializing map... launching game... finished...

EIDT: It didn't work. The game crashed because of not enough memory, but in task manager the maximum use was around 5 GB of 8 GB. Maximum gpu memory usage 228 MB of 2 GB, isn't that kinda weird?

celicat20racer94 said:
Yozzer said:
@Krisvk  If performance is bad, at the main config screen when you start Warband, try disabling sound and see if that helps. I had a Soundblaster card installed, and found using the onboard sound gave better performance, (buggy drivers). I know it sounds a bit odd sound causing a problem in performance, but give it a try, if it works, you can look  into that.
A big cause of lag on the main map is using ctrl T to see all the map and leaving it on, this causes huge judder due to having to produce and display all the moving items on the map, but then you may well have known that, but it only happens on "large busy maps".
There is software that runs programs, mainly games, in a virtual machine with nothing else running, I used to use one until I upgraded to a super Warband special PC but it was a while ago so you will need google around. Memory leak which can be a problem is helped by having 24gb ram  :shock:
Hope some of this helps, this is a great mod and worth some effort to get the best from it.
That actually kinda worked, but something weird happen. When I was launching my saved game this happen: initializing map... launching game... finished... initializing map... launching game... finished... initializing map... launching game... finished...

EIDT: It didn't work. The game crashed because of not enough memory, but in task manager the maximum use was around 5 GB of 8 GB.

Is it possible the memory error was in reference to VRAM?

Edit: Speaking of music, Cozur, where is min_fight_1 from? It's absolutely amazing.

Moridin said:
celicat20racer94 said:
Yozzer said:

EIDT: It didn't work. The game crashed because of not enough memory, but in task manager the maximum use was around 5 GB of 8 GB.

Don't know. Something about RGL Error and I checked VRAM usage and that was around 250 MB of 2 GB.

celicat20racer94 said:
Moridin said:
celicat20racer94 said:
Yozzer said:

Don't know. Something about RGL Error and I checked VRAM usage and that was around 250 MB of 2 GB.

Do other mods run fine? Try verifying data from Steam, and reinstalling ACOK.

Moridin said:
celicat20racer94 said:
Moridin said:
celicat20racer94 said:
Yozzer said:

Do other mods run fine? Try verifying data from Steam, and reinstalling ACOK.
Yes, doesn't play trough steam and have done that, but can try it again.

celicat20racer94 said:

Try re-downloading ACOK, instead of just reinstalling from the same zip file. It's possible the download had issues.

A cursory google search told me that an RGL error was usually something to do with either a misconfigured module.ini or a missing file, and it's obviously not the former. Hence the suggestion.

Vyrian said:
Can anyone PM me a couple of the quest givers? I have done the Septry and the one starting in White Harbour, but I am struggling to find the start points involving Vargo Hoat and Ramsay

I have found the Ramsay one, but any other Quest Giver locations are welcome, thanks

I got some quest that took me to a Hills... something up in the North along the coast.  Find one survivor, talked to someone else in Barrowton, and then to an old guy up in the Abandoned Holdfast, but fromthere they don't really give directions of where to go next.

dulahan said:
I got some quest that took me to a Hills... something up in the North along the coast.  Find one survivor, talked to someone else in Barrowton, and then to an old guy up in the Abandoned Holdfast, but fromthere they don't really give directions of where to go next.

That is the quest from White Harbour, I have now completed that one, the one to fight Ramsay, the quest from the Septry, and the one from Braavos.

The next step after talking to the man in the Abandoned Holdfast is to wait outside the Holdfast and be attacked by him and his buddies, then return to the castle at white harbour for a chat and then the tavern to talk to the Septon.

Vyrian said:
dulahan said:

That is the quest from White Harbour, I have now completed that one, the one to fight Ramsay, the quest from the Septry, and the one from Braavos.

The next step after talking to the man in the Abandoned Holdfast is to wait outside the Holdfast and be attacked by him and his buddies, then return to the castle at white harbour for a chat and then the tavern to talk to the Septon.
Who do I talk to in White Harbor? If it does start there. There's this guy in the castle and every time I talk to him he just says "What?" and then my character says "I forgot."

I'm not sure if this problems been reported or not, but I'll post it anyways. I tried to free some Westerland prisoners from Riverrun, when I bribed the guard to go talk to the prisoners they had this to say

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
, so I decided to kill the guard anyways, I stole his keys and when I went in to free them they had this to say

and then killed the rest of the guards and made my escape, but the obviously the prisoners decided their dungeon was a nice cozy place after all and wanted to stay there.

I'm playing  1.0 with the patch.

@Tisascratch You have to kill the old man first.

Does anyone know where to start the quest line for Vargo Hoat or Heartsbane the Sword?

128859779-3.jpg

Vyrian said:
@Tisascratch You have to kill the old man first.

Does anyone know where to start the quest line for Vargo Hoat or Heartsbane the Sword?

I think vargo may be in the ruins of ghoyan droye but not too sure

Elite Lorathi Glaiveman does not have the textures for the body. It is just a giant white blank where the body should be.

nRFnAfU.jpg

Altho i enjoy the mod greatly there are some complaints i have about it. Some big and some minor. First lets start with big hitters.
Vale and Dorne are like the most useless factions ever, thus joining them makes no sense. Is that deliberate, or you plan to do something about it? Perhaps make Vale join Starks due to Lysa Tully not being fond of Lannisters, and Dorne join Lannisters due to marriage? It would give Reach something to be worried about rather than just picking at Westerlands and taking their castles without Lannisters being able to respond.
Siege Battles. It saddens me to say but the only siege battles i enjoy are vanilla ones with more than 1 ladder. Now you put a comment somewhere that having more than 1 ladder would make impossible to defend, but there are issues with this logic.  AI either besieges your stuff with huge ass war parties reaching 1k soldiers, making it just more reasonable to snatch people from garrison and just don't waste time because you will be overwhelmed no matter what. OR its just easier to win by coming out of the castle and using advanced tactics on open field. Defending castles was never huge part of single player and it was thing you usually did for role playing reasons or to just do something different from time to time. However waiting in "Queue" to get on the wall using only 1 ladder, while you and your your tight group of soldiers are getting bombarded by arrows is lame as hell, especially when you are reduced to 2 choices, either die 1st trying to get on the wall or wait for action. Its lesser problem when you are alone and you can order people around, but when assaulting with other vassals it becomes nightmare. Its challenging enough to conquer castle or town.
So in short - Players have no benefit from that design whatsoever, and trying to siege things with only 1 way is frustrating as hell. I don't want to be frustrated in single player game, i want to have fun :sad:
And i just have to bring honorable mention to Eyrie, i never though i will see medieval armies using escalator for sieges D: Seriously decrease the angle of darn ladder. I don't know if it changed in v1.0 because i haven't gotten so far to be able to conquer Vale but i assume its the same bloody thing
As for minor stuff.
Outlaw invasions in Dorne tend to freeze trade between 2 continents.
Mod is still lacking House Mormont of Bear Island... I mean come on the land is already there, just snap wooden castle with village on it add few female lords and voila D:
I still can't figure out which companion is noble. Somehow world doesn't care if i give fief to random Merchant yet they care immensely if i give it to ALL KNIGHTLY JASPER RIVERS or some Dorne bastard calling them commoners. Either that or they are massive liars and in this case you should give option to execute them! So pleaseeee make them more obvious which one is the noble and who is not? Also some female companions would be nice.
About King's Landing, what the hell is with this wildfire on start of the battle xD? I was just passing by when i saw Renly taking over it so i might as well join in since I'm in war with Westerlands anyway. And while my gf bursted out with laugh when she saw how my 15 bravosi two-handers (which i had from long time) just assploded instantly and i was left with like 10 health, i was very upset about it...
Also Mors Umber > World. Guy went alone with 140 soldiers to raid Westerlands and Stormlands and when he came back to his castle in Moat Cailin i seriously saw 4 Westerland Lords and 2 Stormlands ones in his prison so it was kinda badass :grin:

And can you make Wildfire more accessible? Either make it buyable with very high price on it. Or do what With fire and sword did, that is create powerful top tier (5/6 Power Throw) thrown weapon with 2/3 usages per battle and also very costy to get. People who invest into their throwing weapons don't get anything worth of mentioning unlike masterwork cleavers, arming swords, arbalests or war bows other skills provide. And its great chance to implement awesome throwing weapon because it makes sense when it comes to being lore friendly.
I love new version by the way. Its just some things can be improved :grin:

Moridin said:
celicat20racer94 said:

Try re-downloading ACOK, instead of just reinstalling from the same zip file. It's possible the download had issues.

A cursory google search told me that an RGL error was usually something to do with either a misconfigured module.ini or a missing file, and it's obviously not the former. Hence the suggestion.
Didn't work. Getting this error again: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=217596.0

This only happens with this mod. Other mods and native works just fine.

Back
Top Bottom