SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

celicat20racer94 said:
modestego said:
celicat20racer94 said:
Epicrules said:
celicat20racer94 said:
I don't have a high end computer, but it should be more than good enough to run this mod and I'm not going to buy a new computer because of this buggy mod. I can run most games on High/Very High and I can run Warband with most of the settings on max and still play with 50-60 fps. Try to fix the problem instead of tell people to buy a new computer!

My specs:
GPU: GTX 660M(Overclocked)
CPU: i5-3210M
RAM: 8 GB
Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

This is a high end mod. Buy a new computer.
Kinda weird that I ran this mod easily when it was 0.94!? My little brother runs this mod without ticking textures on demand and he have crappy specs:

GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
CPU: AMD Turion II Dual-Core Mobile Processor N530
RAM: 4 GB

I've compared my brothers specs against mine and I have almost 60% better CPU, over 150% better GPU, 8 GB instead of 4 GB and SSD instead of HDD. Kinda weird that he can play without ticking load textures on demand??

Could just be a issue specific to your GPU. I have random issues out of my custom built system sometimes and this is what I run

GPU: ATI Radion HD 5700 x2 with Crossfire
CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor 3.10 Ghz
RAM: 16 GB
Multiple HDDs

Im no computer experts, but sometimes you just have compatibility issues. I could not play Shogun 2 (and only this game) for forever until I found out I had to update my Bios and then it worked perfectly.
Thanks for actually trying to help me, but I have the newest bios version and I have also reinstalled the latest gpu driver, tried beta driver, reinstalled Warband, reinstalled ACOK, reinstalled .NET and reinstalled Micrsoft Visual C++. Nothing seems to work except load textures on demand, but it's to laggy during battles with that ticked.

maybe try doing some of these things http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127609.0.html some of it might help.

The Eyrie ladder is still bugged during sieges. The AI can only get up about halfway before they get stuck. And is there anyway the the defenders can charge down? As it is now, they can't get past the wall to get on the ladder. Also, it might be unavoidable, but there is a MASSIVE lag issues on that map. Game runs fine in every other battle so far. Turns out it's just that siege.

aekilju said:
When I attacked the Eyrie the defenders charged down at me no problem.

Huh. As a defender, I tried making everyone charge due to the attackers not making it all the way up, and they wouldn't. They just crowded around in front of the ladder/wall.

Can anyone PM me a couple of the quest givers? I have done the Septry and the one starting in White Harbour, but I am struggling to find the start points involving Vargo Hoat and Ramsay

I have found the Ramsay one, but any other Quest Giver locations are welcome, thanks

So I am wondering something. I have been recently visiting castles in the new 1.0 hotfix new campaign, and I notice these random people, some of them with familiar names and each of them have a small story, and then I just stop talking to them and when I try to talk to them, they just say they are busy? Do I need to gain some Rep or Honor and they give me quest? Or do I duel them?

@Krisvk  If performance is bad, at the main config screen when you start Warband, try disabling sound and see if that helps. I had a Soundblaster card installed, and found using the onboard sound gave better performance, (buggy drivers). I know it sounds a bit odd sound causing a problem in performance, but give it a try, if it works, you can look  into that.
A big cause of lag on the main map is using ctrl T to see all the map and leaving it on, this causes huge judder due to having to produce and display all the moving items on the map, but then you may well have known that, but it only happens on "large busy maps".
There is software that runs programs, mainly games, in a virtual machine with nothing else running, I used to use one until I upgraded to a super Warband special PC but it was a while ago so you will need google around. Memory leak which can be a problem is helped by having 24gb ram  :shock:
Hope some of this helps, this is a great mod and worth some effort to get the best from it.

Yozzer said:
@Krisvk  If performance is bad, at the main config screen when you start Warband, try disabling sound and see if that helps. I had a Soundblaster card installed, and found using the onboard sound gave better performance, (buggy drivers). I know it sounds a bit odd sound causing a problem in performance, but give it a try, if it works, you can look  into that.
A big cause of lag on the main map is using ctrl T to see all the map and leaving it on, this causes huge judder due to having to produce and display all the moving items on the map, but then you may well have known that, but it only happens on "large busy maps".
There is software that runs programs, mainly games, in a virtual machine with nothing else running, I used to use one until I upgraded to a super Warband special PC but it was a while ago so you will need google around. Memory leak which can be a problem is helped by having 24gb ram  :shock:
Hope some of this helps, this is a great mod and worth some effort to get the best from it.
It's not Krisvk who is having problems. I have problems, I will try the sound card solution and thanks for trying to help me.

Does somebody actually know what the load textures on demand does? Is it for weak computers so they can use more CPU power because of their weak GPU? Or is that totally wrong? Anyway it causes lag for sure!

Cozur.... I just noticed the SUPER OLD SCHOOL Command and Conquer theme in a tournament.  WOW.  You are the best Cozur!  Awesome nostalgia right there lol :smile:

I wrote this a day or 2 ago and i wanted to know if anyone else has the same issue. When you go into battle, i cant see my inventory box. Is it disabled on purpose or is it a glitch.

maiwand85 said:
I wrote this a day or 2 ago and i wanted to know if anyone else has the same issue. When you go into battle, i cant see my inventory box. Is it disabled on purpose or is it a glitch.
I also am not getting the inventory box, and I cannot see a setting to restore it, so maybe its something been inadvertantly missed out, I am managing OK without it, though it would be nice to have it back.  :cool:

Chest with inventory has been disabled and wasn't present in either v0.93 or v0.94. Although the text that is shown if player press "i" on the battlefield or siege is misleading.

Strange enough i had chest with my inventory spawn at one of the castle interiors while "talking walk on the courtyard" - not 100% sure but it might have been Erie.

Stew_The_Jew said:
Is there a Valyrian Steel bastard sword anywhere in the game?

I could only find 2 1handed/2handed swords in the game. The first is a huge Greatsword found commonly around the Reach, the second is the unique sword Heartsbane (Tarley's ancestral sword). This is a shame since bastard swords are my favourite weapon. I would mod in one of my own, but that causes end of file errors...

Cozur said he was going to add bastard swords, but I dont see them. One request for you cozur, could you give heartsbane and Blackfyre sheaths please. Not a huge deal I just think swords (even the ones you wear on your back) look better with a sheath

ctownwp22 said:
ctownwp22 said:
Hey everyone just a quick question...is there a way to check your relation with other kingdoms and lords? in version .92 under the 'Reports' tab there was 'Kingdom Reports' where you could view this important info, but in .94 and 1.0 it doesn't seem to exist.  Is there some other way to see this info that I haven't found? Was it intentionally taken out? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance....great mod Cozur!

just wanna bump this to see if anyone has an answer, thanks

Sorry, I hate to keep bumping this but I haven't gotten any response, even just someone acknowledging they noticed the same thing would make me feel less crazy, no one else seems to have brought this up on the entire forum from what I can find, and I used the 'Kingdom Reports' all the time, but maybe I'm the only one who did....thanks in advance guys, great mod Cozur

modestego said:
Cozur said he was going to add bastard swords, but I dont see them. One request for you cozur, could you give heartsbane and Blackfyre sheaths please. Not a huge deal I just think swords (even the ones you wear on your back) look better with a sheath

WHERE IS BLACKFYRE HOLY CRAP I DIDN'T KNOW THAT WAS IN IT! PLEASE!

UHk3Pqzh.jpg

Typo there, should be 'my good lord'.

G5zSIxIh.jpg

Heavy Heavy Destrier seems weird. Maybe disable the Heavy modifier for the Heavy Destrier?

zkpYi14h.jpg

Bronzewood town, north of Lannisport. The training peasants mission, I spawn a fairly large distance from them and (more to the point) in my full armor. I have a staff, as intended, but my armor is the one I use in normal battles. This also happens with arena fights - I spawn in full armor and with a tournament lance.

Lordsport and Pyke are both perpetually opulent - they each seem to think they are the richest city in the land when I ask them (although others say it's Sunspear). Perhaps this has something to do with their caravans reaching each other so quickly and easily?

celicat20racer94 said:
Does somebody actually know what the load textures on demand does? Is it for weak computers so they can use more CPU power because of their weak GPU? Or is that totally wrong? Anyway it causes lag for sure!

IIRC Load Textures On Demand basically sets Warband to load textures for objects only when you actually look at them. Disabling it makes Warband load all the textures in the beginning of the scene. The former is better for higher end GPUs with lower memory, the latter for older GPUs with more memory. I know I personally saw a lot of benefit from disabling it, at least in the short time I've played since doing so. Be warned though, if you don't have enough memory for Warband to load all the textures in the beginning of a scene, it will probably crash. That's why it's enabled by default, I think.

Joe_cantson said:
also how do you add your own music to the game

In the module directory, there's a Music folder. I think replacing the files there should do what you want - I'm not sure, though, so keep a backup.

Back
Top Bottom