SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Re: Polearms, the way I see it polearms/spears are one of the hard counters to cavalry charges that Mel Gibson showed us in Braveheart. However, M&B doesn't have a feature to really implement a spearman just posting up his spear at an oncoming freight train of equine death, so instead there's a flat multiplier to its damage to make them devastating.

This results in a game mechanic that enables polearms to be a hard counter to cavalry, but is done in a awkward way. Thankfully the mod allows you to disable the extra damage, which I do in my game because I can't stomach the peasant swinging a stick around and gibbing my war horse.

Hi,
  Can we decreace lords repleanishment rate anyway? Like open notepad  edit some text like Total War games we do?

I tested, after defeated lannister lord he goes his castle, gots 50 man each day, at third day he goes and strikes again his formal player enemy.... Me...

THere is tournements, traveling, hunting, feasting etc in this game. I know its action game but c'mon its WARBAND! Battling every time is sick and getting boring nowadays.

It should be like max 15-20 man each day and after fully recover 1-2 day waiting for preper leave , it make defeated lord will exit his castle after 1-2 week. which is good.

Edit: Can we change this replenishment settings from camp menu? Couldnt find it but if some one did, help us ! :grin:
Edit 2 : By the way, why no one is complaning this till now? Why dev's did not arrange this anytime? Its 2.0 and still endless battles... (played it when it was new, relased was same)

You don't get it. Not only hardcore players use this mod. The game cannot work that way. "Save before entering because it can mess up!" - how can I know that I have to save before entering while playing the first time? Any note in journal or something? "Save before entering because the quest is broken?" Come on, be reasonable. For me the quest is messed up and I can't do anything about that except start again. The mod is free, so it's not a big problem, but it's still a bug and - if of course possible - should be fixed and treated as a bug. That's all.

yeesil: Had a problem with it but failed to edit the game I'm afraid. Replenishing is crazy. I fought Tywin Lannister three times in 5-6 days because of it. Kinda weird. I like how it works in PoP. After one major battle 3k vs 3k the enemy power (or ours) has been broken. That major battle mechanism is cool.

I am not even king!  Just vassal and dealing with endless waves... What will i do when become king? You guys using cheat? Why no one is bothering with this thing?

Game is PERFECT, mod is EVEN PERFECT, no problem with that. But , fast replenishment and endless fights not allow us having fun of it.

Please any modder, game logic guy ... Gotta play this awesome mod with decent joy...

reiksmarshal said:
Just save before you enter Nine stars and be done with it.

What gear are you guys rolling with in 2.0? I'm really liking the knightly gear with the new sigils, I don't have any valyrian weapons yet, but really would like to get Orphan-Maker with it's connection to the Reach. Since it is not in 2.0 I will probably just get Dark Sister as my main sword. I mainly focus on pole arms and one handed, mounted I use a jousting lance and a war lance and for tournaments replace them with a Glaive. 

My current character Ser Galladon Flowers
ajz4Okt.png
That's a sweet knight! Neat idea by the way, maybe everyone can post and showcase their characters!

As an aside, is Orphan Maker even available? IIRC it was given from the Valar Dohaeris quest, which is no longer available (at least in its original location at Braavos).
Ranven said:
You don't get it. Not only hardcore players use this mod. The game cannot work that way. "Save before entering because it can mess up!" - how can I know that I have to save before entering while playing the first time? Any note in journal or something? "Save before entering because the quest is broken?" Come on, be reasonable. For me the quest is messed up and I can't do anything about that except start again. The mod is free, so it's not a big problem, but it's still a bug and - if of course possible - should be fixed and treated as a bug. That's all.
Don't be so certain that this is a bug. Cozur would have to specifically answer about how this works, but Ninestars has a certain progression: Find the Castellan > Beat that guy > Prison > Trial by combat > Fight > Kill brothers. Maybe it's impossible to reload those states? I don't know, but don't be completely certain and certainly don't demand changes; that's never worked out.

Ranven said:

1. As far as mods go, this one is clearly not for hardcore players only. Don't know why you'd think it is.
2. The quest is not broken, and it is not bugged.

That being said this is a mod, and is still in development, though with 2.0 most have been dealt with. However, there will be bugs, and you should expect them. So unless you're playing with realistic saving enabled, save often, and don't always overwrite. Keep multiple saves so you have something to roll back to, just in case an actual bug does rear its head.
How far along were you in your campaign? The ninestars quest is given fairly early. I'm not trying to be antagonistic here, but you're acting like the mod is broken when it's not.

_Ozymandias_ said:
reiksmarshal said:
Just save before you enter Nine stars and be done with it.

What gear are you guys rolling with in 2.0? I'm really liking the knightly gear with the new sigils, I don't have any valyrian weapons yet, but really would like to get Orphan-Maker with it's connection to the Reach. Since it is not in 2.0 I will probably just get Dark Sister as my main sword. I mainly focus on pole arms and one handed, mounted I use a jousting lance and a war lance and for tournaments replace them with a Glaive. 

My current character Ser Galladon Flowers
ajz4Okt.png
That's a sweet knight! Neat idea by the way, maybe everyone can post and showcase their characters!

As an aside, is Orphan Maker even available? IIRC it was given from the Valar Dohaeris quest, which is no longer available (at least in its original location at Braavos).
Ranven said:
Don't be so certain that this is a bug. Cozur would have to specifically answer about how this works, but Ninestars has a certain progression: Find the Castellan > Beat that guy > Prison > Trial by combat > Fight > Kill brothers. Maybe it's impossible to reload those states? I don't know, but don't be completely certain and certainly don't demand changes; that's never worked out.

"Find the Castellan > Beat that guy > Prison > Trial by combat > Fight > Kill brothers. Maybe it's impossible to reload those states? I don't know, but don't be completely certain and certainly don't demand changes; that's never worked out."

When you do not want a player to save, then turn off saving option which is possible in Warband by adding "You cannot leave the area" flag. I have no problem with progression, I have a problem with a fact that after entering into Ninestars ground and pressing "Tab" button, the quest is messed up. If this is not a bug, then I don't know what is. And the solution is simple - adding "Enter to the grounds" button available BEFORE talking with Castellan. Disabling exit option in Prison would be neat as well.

Let's just not treat it is as "working as designed".

"That being said this is a mod, and is still in development, though with 2.0 most have been dealt with. However, there will be bugs, and you should expect them. So unless you're playing with realistic saving enabled, save often, and don't always overwrite. Keep multiple saves so you have something to roll back to, just in case an actual bug does rear its head.
How far along were you in your campaign? The ninestars quest is given fairly early. I'm not trying to be antagonistic here, but you're acting like the mod is broken when it's not. "

678 day... so yeah, I can be little mad but honestly, I know that the mod is in development. The only problem I have here is that some people tries to persuade me that "it's not a bug, it's a feature". That's all.

But it's not a bug, nor is it a "feature." You unfortunately saved wrong. It's like if in some other game, skyrim for example (but any game where you choose when to save works), you saved in the middle of a fight you can't win. You overwrote your only save and now you're stuck. First, you need to be careful where and when you save your game, and second, don't keep just one save.

With great saving comes great responsibility...

Cadwallen Brac said:
What cities are the best to buy productive enterprises in?
It depends, you should read what the guildmaster says when you go to buy one. Try to build an enterprise in a city near villages that produce the raw materials for that particular enterprise. The richest cities are not always the best choice, and buy them in cities that are friendly and not in danger of being taken by enemy forces. And always diversify, don't buy all one type of productive enterprise or eventually you'll saturate the market and drive prices way down.

Zoidflanders said:
But it's not a bug, nor is it a "feature." You unfortunately saved wrong. It's like if in some other game, skyrim for example (but any game where you choose when to save works), you saved in the middle of a fight you can't win. You overwrote your only save and now you're stuck. First, you need to be careful where and when you save your game, and second, don't keep just one save.

With great saving comes great responsibility...

In game dev there is no such a thing like "saved wrong" because you can always load a game from auto-save option. Warband lacks this one, so quests shouldn't get broken because someone "saved in wrong moment". It's called "bad design" or "bug". ACOK is still in development so it's just a bug. Not a big thing, but still a bug. But let's forget about it. It's Cozur mod, so he will decide and I'm fine with that.

Cadwallen Brac said:
What cities are the best to buy productive enterprises in?

Old Town, King's Landing, Sisterton, White Harbour, Goldengrove, Ashenford(?). These are the most richest cities but if you have Floris economy turned on, then Brewery almost everywhere is only rational option. Later build Bakery somewhere because you will need a lot of food.

But you did save wrong, just like I wouldn't save during the quest to meereen, I would never save while running around in a 3d worldspace and expect to get back to where I saved after loading. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe is true for native as well.

Thanks guys. I have iron works in both Sisterton and Braavos and tanneries in White Harbour and Barrowton, and this seems to be pulling in a decent amount of cash for now.

Ranven said:
Later build Bakery somewhere because you will need a lot of food.

This is great advice. If you can get bakeries in two or three cities close together and set them all to hold inventory it can be a great way to load up on tons of food very quickly. Helps you to avoid looting too many villages and making it bothersome to recruit.

@Ranven

I've been playing this mod for many moons. I can understand where you're coming from. I rotate 9 save game files all the time because of bugs that can happen so I understand the frustration you're feeling. I think Cozur know this problem exists, but I don't think it's possible to fix easily. I would hope to see a disclaimer as you start a new game with just a few things to be aware of for new players. "Warning: Due to Hard coded limits in the Warband engine, make sure to save your game before you start a mission, not during it." etc. Some people would not read it, and it's fine, but at least you give the majority a chance to not get screwed over.  :wink:

At the moment there is no way for someone who is new to Warband mods to know this before hand.

@yeesil
Change the Campaign A.I. in the normal Warband options to the Poor. It should lower the replenishment rate. Doing so may also allow the Dothraki to beat Volantis and take their land.

@Zoidflanders
In addition to this, I use some of my companions as Logistics Managers. I max their Inventory Space skill and fill up their pockets with provisions to last our 465 size army for days on end. I captured all of Greater Westerlands in one go.

~Wille

Kjertesvein said:
@yeesil
Change the Campaign A.I. in the normal Warband options to the Poor. It should lower the replenishment rate. Doing so may also allow the Dothraki to beat Volantis and take their land.

~Wille

-Normal Warband options? You mean i will open warband vanilla without mode, set avarage or poor, then restart to ACOK mode, then will it be okey?

Do i have to restart new campaign? I will test it but if you may answer that will be cool. Btw, thanks for help. I really do thank you certanly... (couldnt find true word ''apriaciated '' low grammer sorry :grin: )

allright, i manage to open new game, and defeated selmy Tarth, he come online* third day ( + %40 Health :grin: )* , He waited 2 day, fourth day he got 28 soldier  , fifth day he got +30 soldier more and left castle...  Which is good.  58 soldier total at 5 day.

But in my current save, Lords gaining +50 soldiers and they taking those soldiers second day... So i have to throw whole my work to the trashcan and restart ? :sad: :sad:  (stafford lannister fairmarket )

@yeesil

When kjertesvein says normal warband options he means the option you get in-game when you press escape on your keyboard.

No need to start a new game.

Zoidflanders said:
@yeesil

When kjertesvein says normal warband options he means the option you get in-game when you press escape on your keyboard.

No need to start a new game.
Then, the lannisters are too rich that makes them replenish quickly? I shall try on same Lords this thing. But new game goes NORMAL thanks to kjertesvein ! Normal is waay better then bad :grin:

I did some cheat to beat that fast replenisher God lords , so i will start fresh i believe.

@yeesil

The way I deal with the problem of quickly replenishing enemy lords is keeping the lords with large troop caps rotting in prison, and releasing the ones with low troop caps to keep my honour intact. And that keeps the enemy hordes manageable for me.

Is there any way to increase my character's height? I know that The Mountain and many other vassals are taller than others, so I know it's possible to do with the AI characters.

Back
Top Bottom