SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I know this probably isn't going to ever happen because the whole nights watch/windings thing has already been covered in ACOK but, I thought I'd share an idea because I personally think it could be interesting.

I was playing 1257 ad and I thought about how he military orders in that mod work i.e the Templars, hospitallers. I was thinking it would be cool if the nights watch behaved in a similar way. They would be a separate faction whose settlements are basically spread out across the Wall and would make excursions north of the wall against the wildings, which would obviously have to be a faction the moment the game starts. You can join the watch but you have to sacrifice everything you own before doing so. You can leave the watch, which I know isn't exactly 100% lore friendly, but it's not that big of deal I don't think.

Bosnian said:
Stannis Frog said:
Bosnian said:
Quick question, how can I make my own house or faction?

The most retarded question I've ever seen. ^^
Haven't you ever played the Native version of Warband?
Yes, but this mod is why I got the game...

Don't worry Bosnian you'll quickly get used to those kind of answers in this thread. Been playing and lurking since the start but I rarely post for this reason.

To start your own faction you need to capture a town or castle while not currently a vassal. Careful doing this early on because if you haven't established relationships with the surrounding factions they will see you as an upstart and a threat.

Valknut said:
Bosnian said:
Stannis Frog said:
Bosnian said:

Don't worry Bosnian you'll quickly get used to those kind of answers in this thread. Been playing and lurking since the start but I rarely post for this reason.

To start your own faction you need to capture a town or castle while not currently a vassal. Careful doing this early on because if you haven't established relationships with the surrounding factions they will see you as an upstart and a threat.
Yeah...most recruits and early ranks are dickheads, or fools. You get a lot of them on this thread for an odd reason.

Scorpia said:
Valknut said:
Bosnian said:
Stannis Frog said:
Bosnian said:

Yeah...most recruits and early ranks are dickheads, or fools. You get a lot of them on this thread for an odd reason.

You do indeed.

Bosnian said:
Stannis Frog said:
Bosnian said:
Tyranicus said:
You have to wait until the westerlands take it back... sadly... He disappears until then. Had the same issue.
If you don't want to, I'd sadly suggest using the cheatmenu to get the weapon (even though I know it's a weird suggestion).

If not, your best bet is to join the westerlands, take it back, and then rejoin your faction...
So, it means to become Italian?

Italian?? ^^
Yes, switching sides in a war...

I was about to quote Bosnian with this very same thread, he is already good with stupid generalisations about Italians. So don't worry he is already one of us..  :mrgreen:
As soon as you join this thread you are Cozurised  :shock:

Scorpia said:
Valknut said:
Bosnian said:
Stannis Frog said:
Bosnian said:

I was just joking, don't take it serious guys.. That's why I even did the "^^" at the end, to show that this wasn't meant to be mean.
However if I hurted anyone's feelings then I'm sorry for my "immature" behaviour.

Definitely glad the beginning player stats are being revised, squire could use the some attention. The difference between choosing sellsword vs squire is 2 less attribute points! I would also consider moving the 60 in two-hand to pole-arm weapon skill. Their focus should be one hand, shield, riding, and polearms (mainly lances).

Valknut said:
Bosnian said:
Stannis Frog said:
Bosnian said:

Thanks.

Stannis Frog said:
VlkaFenryka said:
Is there any chance you'll give top-tier Northern archers longbows?
You can do it by yourself with morgh's Warband editor. But yeah, would be nice to see Northern Archers with Longbows.

Yeah I'm speaking from points of aesthetics and functionality. I've always thought of the Westerlands as England so I'm cool with them having the best longbows, but as the Scotland equivalent it would be fitting for the North to have them as well, if still not as skilled as the Westerlands.

Could someone please tell me the best crossbow men apart from the myrish and also the best troops for sieges please

Reach crossbows are pretty solid and have a good deal of armor, as for best siege units get the sellsword halbardiers or Stormland hammer men. The sellswords are easy to get, you can buy them or rescue them pretty much anywhere in Essos.

So what does everyone prefer? Crossbow or Longbow or Elite Archers (anyone use those even?)....?

I personally have really liked the Stormland units as a whole.

reiksmarshal said:
Reach crossbows are pretty solid and have a good deal of armor, as for best siege units get the sellsword halbardiers or Stormland hammer men. The sellswords are easy to get, you can buy them or rescue them pretty much anywhere in Essos.

The Hammermens are not good in offensive sieges.

• ozza said:
    Could someone please tell me the best crossbow men apart from the myrish and also the best troops for sieges please
    Myrish have the best offensive capabilities, but the worst defensive capabilities. Elite Reach Crossbowmen have the best defensive capabilities. Sellsword Crossbowmen is in the middle. 

Since cavalry are expensive maintain and time consuming to train, I'll recommend infantry for sieges. Move your mounted units to the bottom of the party list. Infantry weapons also have longer reach and more utility. For example the Halberdier have bonus versus shields and can crush through blocks. Best infantry troops in 2.0 is the Veteran Sellsword Halberdiers. Other good siege units: The Elite Ironborn Retainers ( Throwing axes and possibly one of the highest melee damage ) and Hammermen ( Comparable to the Sellsword Halberdiers ). The Free Folk Beserkers are pretty deadly as well.

Longbows and crossbows are a requirement for taking or defending a siege. A matter of taste as to which unit to use. Personal preferance is the Elite Targeryen Longbowmen, followed by Veteran Westerlands Longbowmen. If you can't avoid your range units going into melee then Elite Reach Crossbowmen is the best choice, followed up by Sellsword Crossbowmen.

BlackMagic0 said:
    So what does everyone prefer? Crossbow or Longbow or Elite Archers (anyone use those even?)....?

I personally have really liked the Stormland units as a whole.

Tier list for bow- and crossbowmen:
    C7mqi6O.jpg
    tZy5AXy.jpg
    uwnJgz0.jpg

My own tier list. I like Longbows because the added attack speed means more hits. Each time an enemy is struck they are momentarily stunned. It also has the added range. Crossbowmen also have excellent range, but they sacrifice attack speed for armor and shields.  I don't send my archers into melee, so I guess there is an element of taste into that. I don't know much about the utility of the Recurved bow, but I assume it's speed is good, but it lacks the reach of the Longbow and Crossbow. The Shorbow is outclassed. Sistermen have shields so that is pretty good though. I would use Shortbow archers more if they all had shields and a bit better melee capabilities.

[list type=decimal]
    [*]Garret Longly - This guy, with a Masterwork Decorated Longbow and two Large Bag of Steel Arrows sometimes get between 20 to 50 kills per siege. The downside is the time and gold required to get him to god tier.
    [*]Elite Targeryen Longbowmen - They have the reach, speed and power of the longbow, as well as armor of a knight. They have higher melee and ranged Proficiency than any other archer. Good HP. Unfortunately, they don't have shields nor good leg armor.
    [*]Veteran Westerlands/Vale/Stormlands Longbowman - Three solid, easy to recruit archers. Longbow for the range. Westerlands version is the slightly better option.
    [*]Elite Reach Crossbowman - The most heavily armored ranged unit in the game as well as a Heater Shield when things get up close and personal. Perfect if you plan to send your ranged units into melee.
    [*]Sellsword Crossbowman - Better offensive capabilities, but worse armor than the Reachmen. They still have bucklers when they eventually runs out of bolts to protect them.
    [*]Elite Sellsword Longbowmen - Less armored, but better offensive capabilities than Westerlands, Stormlands and Vale Longbowmen. Low health. High upkeep.
    [*]Veteran Dornish Archer - Not much going for them, but atleast they don't have the Shortbow.
    [*]Elite Sisterman/Northern Archer - Northern archers have decent armor, and Sisterman are the only archers with shields. Unfortunately, they have the Shortbow.
    [*]Elite Ironborn Archers - They have a Shortbow as ranged weapon and Long Knife as melee weapon. Long knife.
    [*]Mounted Dornish Archers - Possibly one of the best range units in the game from a damage perspective. They have a mount for field battles. Unfortunately, they have the highest exp requirement to get to the god-tier. They don't have the longbow. Worst health. Pretty bad head and leg armor and the highest upkeep cost.
I can't confirm this, but I read in a damage calculation thread that 100 Weapon Proficiency equate to 16% damage increase. It also increase accuracy of range weapons, and attack speed of melee weapons.

Relevant data for ranged units:
I've jet to include exp needed to get the units. Such numbers would explain how fast you could amass the units from ground up. For example, knights have 4x the time to train than Sellsword Halberdier.

I have not included Dothraki or Free Folk units, as I can't recruit them via the Castellan.

Garrett Longely
Agility 29
Health 71
Power Strike 7
Power Draw 7
Athletics 5
Proficiency 469 ( archery ) + 362 ( two handed weapons )
Head/Body/Leg 51/78/67
upkeep 144
Ranged weapon Masterwork Decorated Longbow + two Large Bag of Steel Arrows + Braavosi Long Sword

Elite Reach Crossbowman
Agility 14
Health 61
Power Strike 0
Power Draw
Athletics 3
Proficiency 120
Head/Body/Leg 35/52/54 + Heater Shield
upkeep 23
Ranged weapon Heavy Crossbow

Sellsword Crossbowman
Agility 14
Health 61
Power Strike 1
Power Draw
Athletics 4
Proficiency 120
Head/Body/Leg 29/47/34 + Buckler
upkeep 23
Ranged weapon Heavy Crossbow + Heavy Bolts (+12)

Myrman Crossbowmen
Agility 14
Health 63
Power Strike 0
Power Draw
Athletics 3
Proficiency 150
Head/Body/Leg 33/42/18
upkeep 23
Ranged weapon Myrish Crossbow + Myrish Bolts (+16)

Marcher Longbowmen
Agility 14
Health 63
Power Strike 0
Power Draw 3
Athletics 3
Proficiency 150
Head/Body/Leg 33/35/19
upkeep 23
Ranged weapon Longbow

Elite Sellsword Longbowmen
Agility 13
Health 58
Power Strike 0
Power Draw 3
Athletics 4
Proficiency 120
Head/Body/Leg 35/42/22
upkeep 50
Ranged weapon Longbow + heavy arrows (+5)

Elite Targaryen Longbowmen
Agility 14
Health 63
Power Strike 0
Power Draw 3
Athletics 3
Proficiency 160
Head/Body/Leg 37/59/29
upkeep 23
Ranged weapon Longbow

Veteran Stormlands Longbowman
Agility 14
Health 61
Power Strike 0
Power Draw 3
Athletics 4
Proficiency 120
Head/Body/Leg 33/42/22
upkeep 23
Ranged weapon Longbow

Veteran Westerlands Longbowman
Agility 14
Health 63
Power Strike 0
Power Draw 3
Athletics 4
Proficiency 120
Head/Body/Leg 35/45/28
upkeep 23
Ranged weapon Longbow

Veteran Vale Longbowman
Agility 14
Health 63
Power Strike 0
Power Draw 3
Athletics 3
Proficiency 120
Head/Body/Leg 29/45/28
upkeep 23
Ranged weapon Longbow

Elite Sisterman Archer
Agility 14
Health 61
Power Strike 0
Power Draw 3
Athletics 3
Proficiency 120
Head/Body/Leg 33/35/47 + Round Wooden Shield
upkeep 23
Ranged weapon Shortbow

Elite Northern Archers
Agility 14
Health 61
Power Strike 2
Power Draw 3
Athletics 3
Proficiency 120
Head/Body/Leg 33/42/32 - 33/42/24 - 33/40/24
upkeep 23
Ranged weapon Shortbow

Veteran Dornish Archer
Agility 14
Health 63
Power Strike 0
Power Draw 3
Athletics 3
Proficiency 120
Head/Body/Leg 30/45/22
upkeep 23
Ranged weapon Recurved Bow

Elite Ironborn Archer
Agility 14
Health 61
Power Strike 0
Power Draw 3
Athletics 3
Proficiency 120
Head/Body/Leg 33/44/29 + Long knife ( crap )
upkeep 23
Ranged weapon Shortbow

Mounted Dornish Archer
Agility 11
Health 53
Power Strike 2
Power Draw 5
Athletics 3
Proficiency 120
Head/Body/Leg 34/52/25 - 30/52/25
upkeep 65
Ranged weapon Recurved Bow
[/list]

the Reach xbows are indeed the best, they are good with an Xbow but also not bad in melee.
Now if you really want very good xbows, use longbows.

Back
Top Bottom