SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree about the towns that were changed to castles, yeah I guess its canon but some concessions should be made for gameplay reasons, having some of the bigger well known castles such as winterfell, harrenhall, the eyrie, storms end, highgarden, hellholt as possible towns would increase they're importance, strategically. Some of the missions would actually oblige you to go into the scene and enjoy the awesomeness that you would probably never bother to see unless siege/defending. I guess it would be a ton of extra work, that if undertaken could cause unwanted bugs and that is probably something that is not wanted at this stage in development. But do it anyway, it would be sweet.

Oh yeah, I can't figure out this Dragonseed quest. Help?
Where/how do I find the Dragonsedd Lacerys Waters?

madmaximillian said:
Oh yeah, I can't figure out this Dragonseed quest. Help?
Where/how do I find the Dragonsedd Lacerys Waters?

Once you accept the quest, a fishing village should spawn right next to Dragonstone. Get in there, you'll find Lacerys.

hello every0ne (that was actually a typo but i'm going to keep it because it makes me look cool)

my game seems to be crashing a lot

it usually happens in battles when i break my lance or knock someone unconscious with a horse

any ideas???

Would be best if you delete the rgl_config file and restart the game, and make sure that you have "Load textures on demand" option checked in the menu :smile:

hope this helps :smile:

UnclePutte said:
swampytaco said:
UnclePutte said:
Serwyn said:
Valknut said:
Serwyn said:
The mod has several...dubious decisions, to say the least.

Such as.. Not charging you to play? What are these dubious decisions.

Seems to be a trend lately to criticise without going into specifics. Feedback is the purpose of this forum, isn't it?
The ridiculously fragile and unrealistic lances, the number of castles removed for unknown reasons, stumbling, RL+North as one faction, no upgrade all for companions, the boring randomized tourneys, etc.

Leaving those personal niggles aside, care to elaborate on the castles? Because the current castle set is basing on A World of Ice and Fire. You know, the encyclopedia of places and events written by Martin. The one that strictly classifies Winterfell and Highgarden, for example, as castles.

I just got done reading AWOIAF myself, and it pretty clearly states that while sparsely populated in the summer, it is quite populous and mercantile during the winter, which makes me wonder whether Cozur intends to turn it back in to a town. To quote the Winterfell Wiki "The winter town, so-called because it lies mostly deserted during summer years, is where smallfolk gather in winter. It is located outside the walls of Winterfell. Its market square is filled with wooden stalls for merchants, while its streets are muddy and lined with rows of houses made from log and undressed stone. Less than one in five are occupied during the summer, but they fill up once winter arrives. The kingsroad sits beyond the winter town, which would put it to the east of Winterfell. There is an inn in the winter town, the Smoking Log.

Look at page 134 of the book. Look at the legend. Now compare to map markings. There it is, all in clear and concise markings: Winterfell is a castle. It doesn't count for a town.

Taking your own quote, though, you'll note it isn't winter. Even Winter-Town is now less than one-fifth of a town. That's 80% short of a town. What this implies is that Winter-Town does not have the native citizenry that make up a city, nor the industry and services they would provide. It's a fall-back, as much as a castle yard would house peasatry and burghers during siege or attack. Only in this case, against winter.

You're right. Although winter is coming, we are still at the end of the 10 year "long summer" during ACOK. I find it hard to believe that there have been no services whatsoever available in Winter Town for the last 10 years. Maybe the solution would be to move Winterfell's village (can't remember what it's called now, used to be Bran's Birth) from north of Winterfell to just east of Winterfell and name it Winter Town.

The problem, in the end, is in the engine of Mount & Blade. All castles should have smiths, taverns, traders and the like. We have castle-forged steel in Westeros, yet castles can't sell.

Maybe in Bannerlord. Maybe.  :sad:

UnclePutte said:
The problem, in the end, is in the engine of Mount & Blade. All castles should have smiths, taverns, traders and the like. We have castle-forged steel in Westeros, yet castles can't sell.
There is no engine limitation there.

That can be arranged through scripting but it requires tooo much work for anyone to do it.

Hello, I have a question.. Is it possible that in future updates of the mod, we will be able to actually persuade Kings to join our cause in the game ? Like for example if my kingdom is much stronger and the rival king is almost destroyed, i'd ask him to join our forces with his vassals and so on, and if he refuses he'll get executed to so...

Can this get implemented ? Thanks :grin:

I've been browsing moddb and taleworlds forum in search of the golden answer to this question:

Is the empty throne room in King's Landing and the chamber in Dragonstone meant to be empty?

Side question: I've heard a vague story of pledging fealty to the king and it would grant you jewels that you would be able to sell for a great amount. Is this true?

SerZieke said:
Side question: I've heard a vague story of pledging fealty to the king and it would grant you jewels that you would be able to sell for a great amount. Is this true?

What? No...

Where did you hear that?

IIRC in an earlier version if you went directly to kings landing and spoke to Cersei she would ask you if you were ready to swear fealty. Afterwards if you spoke to Joffrey you would get some gold dragons which you could then sell on. No jewels though, and i'm pretty sure this is no longer possible in 1.5.

I have been playing this mod on and on since 0.5 or 0.6.
Since then there has been progress but I miss some of the features and items that have been removed.
Here is a list of suggestions, in some cases complaints, and if you agree or disagree is of course up to you.

- I like the immersive elements such as characters from GOT and the world. The Battles are also in my mind better than those of 1257, Perisno and Pendor even though POP has some epic moments.
- The caste sieges are awesome, as good as M&B allows anyway, and the scenes are amazing, although I hate looking for the guild master.
- More trade goods as there are rumours of for the next version is most welcome
- I miss the tournaments enhancements ( was that 1.0?) where you would score points and could end up winning prizes. Those were some fun tournies. The melees are challenging at first but after level 15 they are purely routine and not very fun.
- In older versions the radiers would stack up and you could fight 5-6 of them at a time, whilst now they don't help each other out like the other bandits do. this also applies to slavers. The bigger parties like the brotherhood, clansmen and Vargo are also sorely missed even if the quest with Vargo is good. Love the valyrian weapons BTW.
- I also miss some of the items that were in the previous versions, like the vale and dornish armored horses, as well as the bastard swords where you could choose whether to wield as 1 or 2handed
- The inclusion of mercs in the free states armies mean that they now have some punch but I miss training pentos swordsmen and braavosi seagard (or whatever it was called). It also means that there are no real skrimishers left in the game.
- I think the free folk and targaryen invasions are cool if somewhat crippling to the north and stormlands respectively. The North are effectively fuked by the iron islands and their long road home already. The Dothraki invasion is something I wish undone, or at least handled in another way like if all the other principalities in the free states declare war on them. That could be an interesting crusade.
- Finally, as you are thinking if you're in fact bothering to read this, I am a little conflicted about the fixing of alliances and who are at war with who. It is of  course immersive, yet at the same time it takes away a lot from the gaming experience as it becomes a more linear and slightly more predictable experience; the Reach will get pummeled by Dorne in TI occurs, The North will be pushed back and the Vale as well as a few other factions are not really in the game.

Writing this because I enjoy the game, Cozur. Curious if you and the other forumists agree with anything.

kjeltringen said:
I have been playing this mod on and on since 0.5 or 0.6.
Since then there has been progress but I miss some of the features and items that have been removed.
Here is a list of suggestions, in some cases complaints, and if you agree or disagree is of course up to you.

- I like the immersive elements such as characters from GOT and the world. The Battles are also in my mind better than those of 1257, Perisno and Pendor even though POP has some epic moments.
- The caste sieges are awesome, as good as M&B allows anyway, and the scenes are amazing, although I hate looking for the guild master.
- More trade goods as there are rumours of for the next version is most welcome
- I miss the tournaments enhancements ( was that 1.0?) where you would score points and could end up winning prizes. Those were some fun tournies. The melees are challenging at first but after level 15 they are purely routine and not very fun.
- In older versions the radiers would stack up and you could fight 5-6 of them at a time, whilst now they don't help each other out like the other bandits do. this also applies to slavers. The bigger parties like the brotherhood, clansmen and Vargo are also sorely missed even if the quest with Vargo is good. Love the valyrian weapons BTW.
- I also miss some of the items that were in the previous versions, like the vale and dornish armored horses, as well as the bastard swords where you could choose whether to wield as 1 or 2handed
- The inclusion of mercs in the free states armies mean that they now have some punch but I miss training pentos swordsmen and braavosi seagard (or whatever it was called). It also means that there are no real skrimishers left in the game.
- I think the free folk and targaryen invasions are cool if somewhat crippling to the north and stormlands respectively. The North are effectively fuked by the iron islands and their long road home already. The Dothraki invasion is something I wish undone, or at least handled in another way like if all the other principalities in the free states declare war on them. That could be an interesting crusade.
- Finally, as you are thinking if you're in fact bothering to read this, I am a little conflicted about the fixing of alliances and who are at war with who. It is of  course immersive, yet at the same time it takes away a lot from the gaming experience as it becomes a more linear and slightly more predictable experience; the Reach will get pummeled by Dorne in TI occurs, The North will be pushed back and the Vale as well as a few other factions are not really in the game.

Writing this because I enjoy the game, Cozur. Curious if you and the other forumists agree with anything.

Have not played the previous versions of the mod, but so far everything you listed sounds pretty cool and epic :smile: would like so see some of these things in the mod, if possible of course.. and yeah, about the factions, every game I start it all plays out the same, The Reach gets destroyed by Dorne, The North loses all the River lands territories and some parts of the north it self by the free folk, The Vale does not "exist" and so on.....  :sad: I would like to see something new happening, it would be awesome !

I agree with most of what you stated. I am also happy more trade goods are going to be available in the future.

In my current play throughs, The Iron Islands are very opportunistic and generally own the North considerably. Since they do not need to contend with the Westerlands they are allowed to conquer to their hearts content without much resistance. 

As someone with more disposable income here, I would be happy to donate up to 10 and convince my friends to as well if he assures it will be released by this week  :eek:

Back
Top Bottom