SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Speaking of fights near villages, they always bugged me because they take the horses away from the opposing side's cavalry, but you get to keep yours (no matter if you are raiding the village or they are). While this makes it extremely fun to catch Dothraki mid-raid and see them run across a field of arrows, it encourages me to be unfair and to be intentionally caught while raiding villages if my opponent has a lot of scary cavalry.

TarquinGaming said:
Speaking of fights near villages, they always bugged me because they take the horses away from the opposing side's cavalry, but you get to keep yours (no matter if you are raiding the village or they are). While this makes it extremely fun to catch Dothraki mid-raid and see them run across a field of arrows, it encourages me to be unfair and to be intentionally caught while raiding villages if my opponent has a lot of scary cavalry.

The draw back to this is that you also get no loot from the defeated army, as far as I know. So it balances itself out.

Count Delran said:
The draw back to this is that you also get no loot from the defeated army, as far as I know. So it balances itself out.

except he's just said that he plans on changing loot tables for battles that previously didn't award loot!

TarquinGaming said:
Count Delran said:

except he's just said that he plans on changing loot tables for battles that previously didn't award loot!

Overlooked that one. My bad. I stand corrected.

I currently have the 1.160 version of Warband (purchased and downloaded through TW not steam) so should I install the 1.4 version of the mod and then install the 1.5 scene fix?  Thank you very much.

wargod2009 said:
I currently have the 1.160 version of Warband (purchased and downloaded through TW not steam) so should I install the 1.4 version of the mod and then install the 1.5 scene fix?  Thank you very much.

version 1.5, scene fix applied to that folder.

version 1.4 also exists, doesn't have a scene fix, would not recommend playing it over 1.5.

Cozur said:
Fire_and_Blood said:
General suggestion:

Add loot for sea battles and village fights. When you fight near a friendly or enemy village, the villagers will join the fight and currently, that means no loot at all.

It just requires to add the following line to the corresponding mission templates victory conditions:
      common_battle_inventory,

Duly noted. I'm re-doing the sea battle scenes for 2.0, and this has been one of the issues.

Thank you for reminding me.
Speaking of loot, is the lower amount of loot in 1.5 (haven't played since 1.3) intended? If so is there any chance you'd consider increasing it? I have a companion with 6 Looting I think and I get at most a rusty sword, a lame horse and a pair of gloves for defeating lords, even kings like Renly Baratheon. It's bordering on the surreal, killing a hundred soldiers and not finding a single piece of armor. As it stands you actually get more and more valuable loot from killing outlaws, raiders and wildlings than lord stacks, even if the lord stacks are five times bigger.

Tirian-Hammerfist said:
He's always in the castle for me.
Yeah, he was there. I thought I'd find him in the tavern since that's where he first appeared.

Are there any plans for increasing the appeal of mercenary companies and lances at the moment? Both carry a distinct feeling of not having enough "bang for the buck", so to speak.

Another thought is independent mercenary companies actively serving kingdoms, in the fashion of lords. This would allow the player to become a member of one, too, which is appealing to some folks. Myself included.  :mrgreen:

Is it possible to set player faction culture to House Targaryen? Wiki says yes, but I can't seem to get it to work. My only options are Stormlander & Player faction (I tried capturing 2 of the Targaryen castles just in case but no dice). I have seen several other posts where question was asked but I can't find a straight answer.

Thanks for any help!

Jarl Gunodd said:
Cozur said:
Fire_and_Blood said:
General suggestion:

Add loot for sea battles and village fights. When you fight near a friendly or enemy village, the villagers will join the fight and currently, that means no loot at all.

It just requires to add the following line to the corresponding mission templates victory conditions:
      common_battle_inventory,

Duly noted. I'm re-doing the sea battle scenes for 2.0, and this has been one of the issues.

Thank you for reminding me.
Speaking of loot, is the lower amount of loot in 1.5 (haven't played since 1.3) intended? If so is there any chance you'd consider increasing it? I have a companion with 6 Looting I think and I get at most a rusty sword, a lame horse and a pair of gloves for defeating lords, even kings like Renly Baratheon. It's bordering on the surreal, killing a hundred soldiers and not finding a single piece of armor. As it stands you actually get more and more valuable loot from killing outlaws, raiders and wildlings than lord stacks, even if the lord stacks are five times bigger.

Tirian-Hammerfist said:
He's always in the castle for me.
Yeah, he was there. I thought I'd find him in the tavern since that's where he first appeared.

Remember, if your companion with a looting skill of 6 is down your skill will be 0

Who needs a Family tree of all of ASOIAF, updated with TWOIAF?
http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/120060-twoiaf-spoilers-family-tree-of-all-of-asoiaf-updated-with-twoiaf/?p=6422761

A map experiment:
2hol4iw.jpg

Load times are dreadfully long, but damn.  :lol:

Bug: Has been persistent across versions, may be intentional- Many "sellswords" (not the new-ish ones from Essos) don't have a cost multiplier on upkeep as they should.

The upgradeable archers and swordsmen and I believe axemen have the cost increase, as well as Hedge Knights, but many groups like the Myrish crossbowmen, sellsword 2-handers, voulgemen, etc, are only paid "base wages" (that is to say, what any other unit of that level would be paid)

a question. when installing does it matter if an earlier version is still in my mod list? would it affect my latest installation?

Cozur said:
Is that the globular map you where talking about?

Kind of. Ideally, the map would be circular and curved, not just a rectangular curved map, but creating a circular map with even triangles seems to be bloody impossible.

It does look a bit too step towards the edges though, as the camera assumes that the map is flat and does not adjust the view angle accordingly. Also if the z values are too high, the map will cause frequent crashes. So it's lots of trial and error to get it in game.

Fire_and_Blood said:
Cozur said:
Is that the globular map you where talking about?

Kind of. Ideally, the map would be circular and curved, not just a rectangular curved map, but creating a circular map with even triangles seems to be bloody impossible.

It does look a bit too step towards the edges though, as the camera assumes that the map is flat and does not adjust the view angle accordingly. Also if the z values are too high, the map will cause frequent crashes. So it's lots of trial and error to get it in game.

Remember that battlemaps are generated according to the Z axis, so the middle of the map will have super massive mountains when generating the map, even if it's supposed to be a flat surface.

Cozur, I have been lurking and playing previous builds for over a year now and have never posted before, but I just wanted to thank you so MUCH for your hard work.. your modification literally makes me feel like I live in Westeros and am a part of the GoT world.. I just wanted to post this because I am certain there are many, many more like me who haven't posted, and reading many of the previous posts I don't believe you are getting the credit or respect you deserve.  Anyways thanks so much man, I am really looking forward to 2.0 and consider myself privileged to enjoy any build in between!

Back
Top Bottom