SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

swampytaco said:
Turning off companion complaints stops them from *****ing about each other constantly, but it doesn't stop the degradation of relations between your companions over time. They will eventually ask to leave if they are unhappy. The most companions I have been able to hold on to is 19, but that was before 1.4 when Cozur added several new companions. You won't ever be able to keep all of the companions, because some of them just dislike each other to the point where they refuse to work with them. I just add my companions slowly so that you can ditch someone as soon as they become a morale problem, and maintain a content companion roster.

Oh, well, if I knew that then I would have not turned on that options so at least I could make some choices. Well, I have to threaten to hang Fenna or give her 1800 bucks every couple of days now, so I guess I am done until 1.5 comes out. That's okay, I wasn't thrilled with my character build, but it's kind of annoying, you'd think with 95 soldiers they'd be able to just avoid each other.

viperswhip said:
Oh, well, if I knew that then I would have not turned on that options so at least I could make some choices. Well, I have to threaten to hang Fenna or give her 1800 bucks every couple of days now, so I guess I am done until 1.5 comes out. That's okay, I wasn't thrilled with my character build, but it's kind of annoying, you'd think with 95 soldiers they'd be able to just avoid each other.

http://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/2ggtxj/disabling_companions_leaving_in_acok_14/

^reddit post I made detailing how to fix it. I'm not certain that it'll always work without starting a new save but it sometimes does. And, this'll let you loot villages and run away from fights and have companions that hate each other's guts. When I finish tweaking the mod I think I'm going to set companion wages to 6 or 7x so it's more fair to have so many.

Getting mad at having to threaten Ser Felton Flowers in a 1.31 playthrough every day and a half was getting old. Basically, all the negativity still happens. The "disable companion complaints" button only stops them from talking to you, it doesn't stop them from being mad. That's why they ask to leave.  So I disabled their ability to ask to leave. Such elegance.

So, how's 1.5 coming along? Did the new patch throw a wrench into it, or is it just delayed for general reasons?

I'm bad at patience.

I don't know what version of the mod added in companions for AI parties, but I think it's a great feature and adds a lot of immersion value.  My favorite is to have my own reverse Red Wedding with Stevron Frey's party.  :twisted:

minimumdifficulty said:
I don't know what version of the mod added in companions for AI parties, but I think it's a great feature and adds a lot of immersion value.  My favorite is to have my own reverse Red Wedding with Stevron Frey's party.  :twisted:

I like to think that there could one day be a quest line where you end up playing bard for the Frey house band.  :mrgreen:

Of course, seeing such a thing to completion takes motivation and competence, and you'll see none on my part.

Hi, I had some questions : is Dawn, the sword of House Dayne, added ? And if so, any way to get it ? And is it possible to get other valyrian sword, and how ?
Thanks a lot !  :grin:

Yorkblack said:
Hi, I had some questions : is Dawn, the sword of House Dayne, added ? And if so, any way to get it ? And is it possible to get other valyrian sword, and how ?
Thanks a lot !  :grin:

No, yes, through quests lol

If you go here:
http://acok.wikia.com/wiki/Quests

you'll find a (though outdated a bit) quest list for ACOK.

swampytaco said:
Turning off companion complaints stops them from *****ing about each other constantly, but it doesn't stop the degradation of relations between your companions over time. They will eventually ask to leave if they are unhappy. The most companions I have been able to hold on to is 19, but that was before 1.4 when Cozur added several new companions. You won't ever be able to keep all of the companions, because some of them just dislike each other to the point where they refuse to work with them. I just add my companions slowly so that you can ditch someone as soon as they become a morale problem, and maintain a content companion roster.

You have to turn it off at the begining of a game after it is too late.

viperswhip said:
So I am around day 250ish, I have 40-50 relations with all of my companions I've had since close to the beginning of the game and all the sudden they are all asking to leave me? I either have to pay them off or threaten to hang them. I haven't been raiding villages or doing anything against their sensibilities, haven't lost battles, have great renown and all that. I don't get it. I have ticked the companion complaints off and they aren't complaining about anyone else in the group, just saying it's time for them to leave.

What's up with that? I rarely play too much beyond this point but this is the first time I have experienced this.

One of them maybe more of them is/are bothering your group, try to see who is the trouble maker(s) and kick his ass out of your group.

Bug

I am at work so i can't give you an accurate answer but after enlisting one of the mercenary leader but not his troops yet more or less each week i had a scrip error message about troops. the leader is "xxxxxx blackwood" and after enlisting the 100 gallent men i had the message one more time but not anymore obivously.

About the economy, with 3 towns, 6 villages and 2 castles i was only receiving 12 to 16 k/ week, with only 3 towns, Kingslanding, Duskenhall and Maidenpool 10K / week. with the same garrisons.
This is completly different in a mod like Persino.

Drakken said:
About the economy, with 3 towns, 6 villages and 2 castles i was only receiving 12 to 16 k/ week, with only 3 towns, Kingslanding, Duskenhall and Maidenpool 10K / week. with the same garrisons.

And?...

Cozur said:
Drakken said:

And?...

page 882 you never respond to the lore based debate we where having about Dragonstone lords and why some (who have been removed) should be put back in with their fiefs and others of less relevance should be removed

page 885 you never respond to my post about re-adding the Riverlands for the sake of having them not get steamrolled (the North that is) by the Iron Islands, Wildlings and Westerlands.

page 897 I propose that based on the last season of GoT the Vale declare Robin/Robert king and go to war with everyone as a way to get that huge waste of space into the fight to which you brush off the idea as me having no idea whats happening in the Vale, I replied that it was simply a way to get them involved, like you did for Dorne and Young Griff. here is my exact quote from the same page which you ignored:
Azsouth said:
Cozur said:
Azsouth said:
with the latest season of game of thrones, w/ Petyr Baelish trying to get the Vale lords to declare Robert/Robin Arryn king maybe there can be a quest chain where the Vale declares war on everyone for his claim, kinda like the Targs when they invade.
You haven't understood the whole debacle in the Vale, at all.
I know whats happening in the books, but in the series it seemed more like Baelish was trying to get the Vale into war rather than just foster Robin/Robert (seemed like he already had the support of Bronze Yohn and Lady Waynwood). was merely offering a possible option to get the vale to join the fight instead of having that huge waste of territory sitting there peacefully all game.

page 899 you never respond to my idea about making random events more static so that way they are entirely expected while at the same time having the desired effects on the players character as you would want the random events to do

so my response to you is "And?..."

UnclePutte said:
Azsouth said:

In terms of the Vale, you're not only getting ahead of Cozur here, but ahead of G. R. R. Martin as well. I don't think that's very reasonable.

with that same reasoning Dorne should never get involved when Young Griff arrives (which isn't in ACOK), I merely proposed a way to get the Vale involved like Dorne is.

Roberts Rebellion

This would be awesome.
The idea of joining the loyalists and stopping the rebellion appeals to me greatly. Damn upstarts.
Good points as for this:

- Out of all the historical events this one probably has the most in depth lore, especially regarding Lords who fought and factions.

- Change history, if killable lords from Brytenwalda makes it into Bannerlord it'd be even better!

- No Dragons during this time period so people can stop asking!

Back
Top Bottom