SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I joined Lys but after a couple of battles I wanted to replenish my ranks and I found that I can't recruit from villages, let alone from my faction but on whole Essos. What's the story there?

Circinae said:
I joined Lys but after a couple of battles I wanted to replenish my ranks and I found that I can't recruit from villages, let alone from my faction but on whole Essos. What's the story there?

IIRC, and I quit playing 1.4 pretty early so I'm no authority, you can't recruit "faction-specific" units on Essos. Rather, all the Essos factions have Sellswords, and you can hire "Mercenary Companies" that are scattered about Essos, in addition to the "special troops" (the ones only found at specific locations) that can be found in some locations across the world.

Speaking of, is there any chance you'd be willing to allow us to recruit "special troops" more than once Cozur, perhaps once a year in-game? I'm under the impression you can only recruit the "special troops" one time, ever, during a playthrough, and it'd be nice if that wasn't the case :sad:

Stravask said:
Circinae said:

Speaking of, is there any chance you'd be willing to allow us to recruit "special troops" more than once Cozur, perhaps once a year in-game? I'm under the impression you can only recruit the "special troops" one time, ever, during a playthrough, and it'd be nice if that wasn't the case :sad:

That would be nice, having to farm them through hunting enemies around those areas can get a bit tedious. In any case, the special troops are pretty well done, thanks Cozur.

Stravask said:
Circinae said:

IIRC, and I quit playing 1.4 pretty early so I'm no authority, you can't recruit "faction-specific" units on Essos. Rather, all the Essos factions have Sellswords, and you can hire "Mercenary Companies" that are scattered about Essos, in addition to the "special troops" (the ones only found at specific locations) that can be found in some locations across the world.

Well.. there is a bug right now where if you talk to the village elder directly you can recruit sellswords for 10 coins each from him.

I've done a bit of bug hunting and I have no idea if this is to do with the ACoK mod or the mods incorporated into it or even if these have been pointed out before, they may even be intentional I don't know.

Managed to find two bugs that make the game a little easy mode in that if you get enough infantry with shields you can place them in shieldwall in front of your archers and it makes enemy archers get stuck in a loop of drawing their bow and undrawing it effectively removing archers from your enemies army but your archers keep on firing. Doesn't seem to effect horse archers nor archers on a wall in siege. I've done this in battle a few times and they just stand there and even ignore me while I'm running through the ranks on my horse with a mace, basically letting me capture entire archer divisions each battle.

The other bug is that if you sign up to a lords army and have a meeting you can request personal leave then immediately click that you want to return to duty and get +1 relation with that lord. Doing this over and over makes it incredibly easy to get 100 relations with whomever you wish.

One of the village near Lannisport have bugged village elder, the dude looks like an alien or something. When you talk to him it simply replay the dialog with your companion when you were with them in town/villages.

Also bastard of bolton quest's reward give you great sword rather than "valyrian sword", whether you meant this to happen or not i don't know.

Volantis will be destroyed as soon as its invaded by the Dorathki and Lys would definitely see destruction while facing 2 allied enemy.

When you walk out from Dragonstone castle, you'll be underwater.

And i suppose iron island didn't invade the reach in this version.

menethil21 said:
One of the village near Lannisport have bugged village elder, the dude looks like an alien or something. When you talk to him it simply replay the dialog with your companion when you were with them in town/villages.

Also bastard of bolton quest's reward give you great sword rather than "valyrian sword", whether you meant this to happen or not i don't know.

Volantis will be destroyed as soon as its invaded by the Dorathki and Lys would definitely see destruction while facing 2 allied enemy.

its not supposed to be a valyrain sword

I have one quick question and a request!

I've noticed some new random events - 'Winter is coming, gather food' and some others. These seem related to the area where you have pledged your allegiance; I got the first one while a vassal (or mercenary, can't remember) of the North and others as a vassal of the Vale, these were related to the Faith of the Seven. When one creates their own kingdom, is there any way to trigger a specific line of events? That'd be akin to choosing a religion, if it's possible that's great.

Now for my request. I had this role playing idea, where I'd gather a group of bastards, one from each region of Westeros, then forge a sellsword company with them. Among the presently extant companions there are several bastards. However, to make the group I referred to above, I'd require a Hill, a Stone and a Waters, OR any combination of two of these (third name is the player's). Now I wouldn't request this if I could mod it in, but I don't know how to mod the game's companions and I personally find the idea neat, therefore I thought I'd post here.

chunder_bot said:
menethil21 said:

Yeah the wiki is misleading.

_Ozymandias_ said:

I've noticed some new random events - 'Winter is coming, gather food' and some others. These seem related to the area where you have pledged your allegiance; I got the first one while a vassal (or mercenary, can't remember) of the North and others as a vassal of the Vale, these were related to the Faith of the Seven. When one creates their own kingdom, is there any way to trigger a specific line of events?

Those were in 1.31, and as far as I know they are not tied to allegiance.

Hey, how can i chose Targaryen culture for my faction? There is any factiion without their lords banners on armor? I mean, i've chosed North culture to my kingdom, but they use Stark shields, Dragonstone soldiers, but they use Baratheon banner on torso.
Sorry about my english.

Hello. Long time lurker here. I changed over to mac recently and imagine my excitement when i found I could play warband through steam on my mac! I had no problem with the installation of CoK; placed neatly into the modules folder within steamapps. However when I run this module it will always crash at the loading screen after a bit of a wait. Despite my scouring of the internet, the few who say they have got it to run on their mac have off-put as to how they made it work.

I have tried deleting the rgl_config file to no avail. Re-downloading it from different providers such as between nexus and moddb also to no avail, the game persists to crash on the opening loading screen.

Any suggestions on how I might deal with this situation? Other than hoping for a generous fix in the near future?

Thanks for any reply

menethil21 said:
chunder_bot said:
menethil21 said:

Yeah the wiki is misleading.
no its not all the other valyrain swords say they are yalyrain steel but this just say "great sword"
Felipe said:
Hey, how can i chose Targaryen culture for my faction? There is any factiion without their lords banners on armor? I mean, i've chosed North culture to my kingdom, but they use Stark shields, Dragonstone soldiers, but they use Baratheon banner on torso.
Sorry about my english.
unfortuntly things like the stark shield and the dragonstone armour have been designed that way so they have there arms on them but as far as i can remember they are the only troops that have this flaw

TarquinGaming said:
_Ozymandias_ said:

I've noticed some new random events - 'Winter is coming, gather food' and some others. These seem related to the area where you have pledged your allegiance; I got the first one while a vassal (or mercenary, can't remember) of the North and others as a vassal of the Vale, these were related to the Faith of the Seven. When one creates their own kingdom, is there any way to trigger a specific line of events?

Those were in 1.31, and as far as I know they are not tied to allegiance.

Thank you! I didn't play much in 1.31 so I guess I never saw them then. Even so, would be cool to be able to produce these while a king in your own right.

So, anyone else excited for 1.5? What are you looking forward to the most?

I'm personally hankering to see the new Highgarden scene. It's the last "generic" great House citadel around, afterall. If it turns out to be pleasant, I wouldn't mind casting the Tyrells out and taking it for myself for a more Oldtown-centered Reach.

When creating my own kingdom I had the option to have a crown made but I didn't have enough money at the time now that I do is there a way I can have one made now?

So I am around day 250ish, I have 40-50 relations with all of my companions I've had since close to the beginning of the game and all the sudden they are all asking to leave me? I either have to pay them off or threaten to hang them. I haven't been raiding villages or doing anything against their sensibilities, haven't lost battles, have great renown and all that. I don't get it. I have ticked the companion complaints off and they aren't complaining about anyone else in the group, just saying it's time for them to leave.

What's up with that? I rarely play too much beyond this point but this is the first time I have experienced this.

I just started having this happen around day 305 or so... I think its because I ran out of food. Morale is high, but that was the only thing I could think of to explain it.

banderling said:
I just started having this happen around day 305 or so... I think its because I ran out of food. Morale is high, but that was the only thing I could think of to explain it.

I have tons of food, have only raided 3 villages my entire time. The only thing they could possibly hate is that I sell prisoners to slavers, but there's not indication they care. I assumed turning off companion dislikes disabled their dislike of each other, but if that is the problem then I don't know what to do, I have all the companions now and it seems odd they didn't have problems until day 250. I think if you threaten to hang them they never bring it up again, but that would put several of my newer companions in the negatives for liking me.

I don't lose battles, well, not in a long time anyway, and my morale is 99 constantly, and I make sure I have different kinds of food on hand.

Turning off companion complaints stops them from *****ing about each other constantly, but it doesn't stop the degradation of relations between your companions over time. They will eventually ask to leave if they are unhappy. The most companions I have been able to hold on to is 19, but that was before 1.4 when Cozur added several new companions. You won't ever be able to keep all of the companions, because some of them just dislike each other to the point where they refuse to work with them. I just add my companions slowly so that you can ditch someone as soon as they become a morale problem, and maintain a content companion roster.

Back
Top Bottom