SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

ruledarkman said:
As a final note I want everybody to know that I have tested this out with a "test dummy" character but I am not sure about the Marcher longbowmen as I have never seen them, but I doubt Tarquingaming is wrong. I might also be wrong in what I am saying with the Targaryen troops. They might have been nerfed in 1.4 but if they weren't then they are probably the best cav and the best archers second to Marsher longbowmen.

Wanted to show up to say that I still haven't seen the Elite Targ Longbowman in my party, but on the battlefield they are very well armored. Still waiting to get one to see what their weapon skill is at.

Also, I was wrong about the Marcher Longbowman. They do have 200 weapon skill but it's only 3 in power draw, not 4 as I said. They either have war hammers or war maces. Since it's not listed in the thread yet, they can be recruited from Nightsong. I don't know how expensive they are (party was full) but there are 20 Marcher Longbowmen available there.

Other notable Archers not yet discussed are Gold Company Archers. These archers have pretty bad, bandit-quality armor, but do have 180 in weapon skills. This is consistent with other GC troops, who have higher weapon skills but low armor as compared to Westerosi units (the Men At Arms have 230 in weapon skills and use maces or war hammers, but wear leather).

Further discussion on Targ troops: Their Heavy Knight horses are no longer mailed destriers, but the whole cavalry tree has shields! As someone who typically joins up with the Targs, I'm quite happy to see the change since Heavy Targ Knights were absolutely awful in sieges in 1.31 .

One thing that I'm hoping for in future patches, though, is that the unique units recharge their availability at some point. I wouldn't want it to be weekly or even monthly, but I think a 3 or 6 month period of downtime would be appropriate to how good the troops are. So, if I wanted a castle with 100 Marcher Longbows in the garrison, I could make that happen, but it'd take two years. A little thing like that would add the possibility of a lot of flavor and role-playing to characters.

I just started a new game with 1.4 version. After single battle where I got knocked out (but won in the end) my  Power Draw and Athletics skills are lowered by one point. Not sure if this is permanent and what's causing it?

Circinae said:
I just started a new game with 1.4 version. After single battle where I got knocked out (but won in the end) my  Power Draw and Athletics skills are lowered by one point. Not sure if this is permanent and what's causing it?

Skill penalty from your encumbered total is turned on by default in 1.4. It will also affect horse archery and riding. Go to camp menu, mod options, then uncheck the box for the skill penalty. It only applies to you and your companions, not your troops or the AI.

ruledarkman said:
One thing that I'm hoping for in future patches, though, is that the unique units recharge their availability at some point. I wouldn't want it to be weekly or even monthly, but I think a 3 or 6 month period of downtime would be appropriate to how good the troops are. So, if I wanted a castle with 100 Marcher Longbows in the garrison, I could make that happen, but it'd take two years. A little thing like that would add the possibility of a lot of flavor and role-playing to characters.

could always fight Bryce Caron a bunch of times and take as many marcher longbowmen prisoner as you can and recruit from there, after you've already recruited from Nightsong that is.

Azsouth said:
could always fight Bryce Caron a bunch of times and take as many marcher longbowmen prisoner as you can and recruit from there, after you've already recruited from Nightsong that is.

What I've had the most luck doing is following him around until he gets in a fight with someone who'll beat him, let Caron lose, attack and defeat his previous enemy, then recruit the longbowman that the enemy had captured. I always get higher rates than trying to first knock them out and THEN get lucky enough with recruiting prisoners to get them. Also of course sometimes Lord Caron gets captured by his enemy, and then you get a bunch of "free" reputation points for freeing him.

TarquinGaming said:
What I've had the most luck doing is following him around until he gets in a fight with someone who'll beat him, let Caron lose, attack and defeat his previous enemy, then recruit the longbowman that the enemy had captured. I always get higher rates than trying to first knock them out and THEN get lucky enough with recruiting prisoners to get them. Also of course sometimes Lord Caron gets captured by his enemy, and then you get a bunch of "free" reputation points for freeing him.

or you could do that :smile:.

I wonder if there'll be upgrade trees for Essosi Sellswords in the future? If for no other reason than to be able to recruit other troops than just skirmishers through the castellan.

Also, it'd be nice to see more individuality in the Essosi troops. What would you guys do to give different Free Cities more "local flavour"? Myrmen with their crossbows is a given, and if you ask me, all but Norvos and Qohor should have some form of "navy" units. They are all big sea powers, afterall.

UnclePutte said:
I wonder if there'll be upgrade trees for Essosi Sellswords in the future? If for no other reason than to be able to recruit other troops than just skirmishers through the castellan.

Also, it'd be nice to see more individuality in the Essosi troops. What would you guys do to give different Free Cities more "local flavour"? Myrmen with their crossbows is a given, and if you ask me, all but Norvos and Qohor should have some form of "navy" units. They are all big sea powers, afterall.

Since what you're asking for with Essosi individuality is exactly what existed in 1.3/1.31 and was moved away from for this patch, I don't think it's likely that the Sellswords of Essos will be getting upgrades for custom trees. It would be cool to see, I suppose, but it's pretty much antithetical to the change that was just made.

viperswhip said:
Tybalt_ said:
I am enjoying 1.4 so much. The starting quest is just so awesome, I really had alot of fun doing it!

Starting Quest? The merchant doesn't give me a quest anymore. Sorry I am just a bit clueless as to what you mean.

Oh, you need visit the castle. That's as much as a hint I can give without spoiling.  :mrgreen:

UnclePutte said:
viperswhip said:
Tybalt_ said:
I am enjoying 1.4 so much. The starting quest is just so awesome, I really had alot of fun doing it!

Starting Quest? The merchant doesn't give me a quest anymore. Sorry I am just a bit clueless as to what you mean.

Oh, you need visit the castle. That's as much as a hint I can give without spoiling.  :mrgreen:

You know, I really try not to ask stupid questions here, like I read the FAQ and looked up the quests for 1.4 and everything, been watching Tarquin, he missed it to.

So, thank you very much heh

UnclePutte said:

Also, it'd be nice to see more individuality in the Essosi troops. What would you guys do to give different Free Cities more "local flavour"? Myrmen with their crossbows is a given, and if you ask me, all but Norvos and Qohor should have some form of "navy" units. They are all big sea powers, after all.
some body did a tyroshi corsair unit which was really cool. perhaps qohor could either have their unsullied guards with the hair braids tied to their spears or perhaps they could have sort of juggernaut units since they are master 'smiths. norvos has the bearded axe priests. braavos could have duelist. volantis should have its tiger guards.

chunder_bot said:
some body did a tyroshi corsair unit which was really cool. perhaps qohor could either have their unsullied guards with the hair braids tied to their spears or perhaps they could have sort of juggernaut units since they are master 'smiths. norvos has the bearded axe priests. braavos could have duelist. volantis should have its tiger guards.

I'd love to see these and Cozur might well add them in, but I seriously doubt they'll appear in the form of troop upgrades from the sellsword trees.

Amazing how good this is now. Cozur I have to hand it to you. You may be controversial at times but man you know how to make a good mod :wink:

I have a question of sorts regarding some of the more peaceful factions. Vale/Braavos/Pentos. Anyone been able to trigger a war against them without physically attacking them themselves?

In this I mean seeing them go to war with other factions :razz:

anduril38 said:
Amazing how good this is now. Cozur I have to hand it to you. You may be controversial at times but man you know how to make a good mod :wink:

I have a question of sorts regarding some of the more peaceful factions. Vale/Braavos/Pentos. Anyone been able to trigger a war against them without physically attacking them themselves?

Diplomacy is locked right now, but once I've finished work on 1.41, I'll start adding some new diplomacy tweaks that should make the game more interesting.

Cozur said:
anduril38 said:

Diplomacy is locked right now, but once I've finished work on 1.41, I'll start adding some new diplomacy tweaks that should make the game more interesting.

Good, thanks.
And about the menu part about relations with lord, factions ecc... present in code but not visibile? (below from 1.4 code)
Code:
menu_kingdom_reports 0 Kingdom_Reports none 0 4
 mno_view_faction_relations_report  0  View_Sovereign_Relations  1 900 1 1513209474796486703  .  mno_kmt_lord_holdings  0  Review_Lord_Holdings  1 900 1 1513209474796486769  .  mno_lord_relations  0  View_Known_Lords_by_Relation  3 2133 2 144115188075857229 1 2133 2 144115188075857230 1 900 1 1513209474796486749  .  mno_return  0  Return  1 2060 1 864691128455135236  .
With diplomacy enabled will be also more important.
I can not figure out how to solve, I solved just a minor bug in a neighboring line as previously reported (and this did not cause the failure of that voice because there wasn't visible even before the change)

EDIT:
I saw this:
http://floris.wikia.com/wiki/New_Reports_%26_Presentations#Known_Lords
I suppose that that these and other features of floris mod are bugged due to conflicts in the merging

Bug report for 1.4

When the random event comes up for 'Baelor's hair' I can select the 3rd option and purchase it (whilst getting the renown) but it doesn't bring me back to the world map. I can spam click it for multiple renown increases and 500 coin loses but it just stays on that selection screen.
Only selecting the top 2 options will take me back to the world map.

Cozur said:
anduril38 said:

That's cool; I've been itching to get the Vale into a conflict, as well as Pentos/Braavos.

with the latest season of game of thrones, w/ Petyr Baelish trying to get the Vale lords to declare Robert/Robin Arryn king maybe there can be a quest chain where the Vale declares war on everyone for his claim, kinda like the Targs when they invade.

Back
Top Bottom