SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Chazshepherd said:
What are the best units in the game? Like what faction has the best Calvary, or which one has best archers, foot soldiers, etc.
reach best cav,ironborn best infantry for archers vale or stormlands

Thrasophius said:
Are there actually any troops equipped with maces as standard? I enjoy playing as a man hunter but the only cavalry I've found with maces are heavy knights which are a hell of a ways up the tree when you a starting fresh.

EDIT: I say this because I used to save a bit of cash and grab stormland sergeants as they had maces but they don't now.

I believe mounted northern sergeants now come with war maces standard. Their Knights also have the maces, so you won't lose the prisoner-taking capability as you go up the tree. (Maybe the interim step does not have maces though, I do not recall).

blazo23 said:
Chazshepherd said:
What are the best units in the game? Like what faction has the best Calvary, or which one has best archers, foot soldiers, etc.

IIRC, the Targ Longbowmen have better-equipped archers in 1.31, IDK how it is in 1.4 though.

Stravask said:
IIRC, the Targ Longbowmen have better-equipped archers in 1.31, IDK how it is in 1.4 though.

I haven't taken a look at Targ Longbowmen yet in 1.4, but you're correct about 1.31. Not only do they have plate armor on their chest/head, but they have 4 in power draw and everyone else on Westeros has 3.

Best archers in 1.4 that I've seen (and probably the best ones period) are Marcher Longbowman, who have 4 in power draw and 200 in archery weapon skill, and have war maces- their armor isn't that impressive though. I assume there is a castle they can be recruited from (probably only once, such sadness) but every once in a while you can rescue them from outlaws or other Lords.

TarquinGaming said:
Stravask said:

I haven't taken a look at Targ Longbowmen yet in 1.4, but you're correct about 1.31. Not only do they have plate armor on their chest/head, but they have 4 in power draw and everyone else on Westeros has 3.

Best archers in 1.4 that I've seen (and probably the best ones period) are Marcher Longbowman, who have 4 in power draw and 200 in archery weapon skill, and have war maces- their armor isn't that impressive though. I assume there is a castle they can be recruited from (probably only once, such sadness) but every once in a while you can rescue them from outlaws or other Lords.

Holy **** those guys sound like, IDEAL.
High-skill archers with power draw 4 and a blunt weapon for max dmg to knights and capturing? Yespls

blazo23 said:
Chazshepherd said:
Are the vale heavy nights not as good? They have cauls armor. Should I upgrade my vale men at arms to archers or veteran men at arms?

Something is not working correctly. I just took over a Myr and changed my faction to myr and im select the troops of myr to hire. for some reason im hiring generic  troops. my castle if filling up with generic when it say recruit myrmen.

Bug:
this was reported about 600 pages back but I couldn't find a resolution of it.

I'm on day 93. Playing for the Targaryens and I noticed that as of sometime between day 91 and day 93 EVERY merchant no has 0 gold and a pair of leather boots and a peasant shirt in their stock. By every merchant I mean all the town merchants and buying supplies from peasants. I do not use cheats and noticed no other symptoms preceding this glitch (no red text, no messages etc)

I did notice that on one load of the save I ended a battle and directly after green text said something like bonus: A peasant shirt. but was unable to replicate it.

One thing I noticed is that mounted sellsword crossbowmen still wield hunting crossbows. As even heavy crossbows can be used on horseback in current versions, I wondered if it could be improved?

Also, I'd love to see mounted Myrman crossbowmen.  :mrgreen:

EDIT:

It seems that the crowned helmets acquired when creating a kingdom come only in cracked quality. I've noticed that everything else coming from events is cracked as well - smoked fish included.

Chazshepherd said:
blazo23 said:
Chazshepherd said:
Are the vale heavy nights not as good? They have cauls armor. Should I upgrade my vale men at arms to archers or veteran men at arms?

To keep it short, all knights are the same save for a few exceptions, but all those exceptions are bad except the special knights like the white harbor ones which I would assume are better. The Reach have the same armor and stats as the Vale. Its just the armor doesn't look as cool so we assume the Vale are better. The only difference is the Reach have horses with plate armor, making them better. However, they aren't my favorite cav personally, though it is debatable. I haven't seen the new Targaryen troops, but they were the best IMO in previous versions. They didn't have plate horses, they only had mail horses. However they had 20 extra weapon points (190) an extra health and full plate armor that I believe ACTUALLY had BETTER stats than other armor. In the early game before you get Targaryen troops, use Reach cav.

The best archers are the Marcher longbowmen if the person describing their stats was correct. However, for their MUCH better armor, I guess you could argue Targaryen are better. In any case, I doubt you can get infinite Marcher longbowmen, and I am sure they are limited. So you would wanna get Targaryen archers. In the early game you won't have the Targaryens, so get Vale archers.

Infantry is an easy one. Unsullied are the best. If you don't have the money or don't have the patience to recruit a whole army of them, ironborn elite retainers are second best. Hope this helped you and everybody else asking this question

As a final note I want everybody to know that I have tested this out with a "test dummy" character but I am not sure about the Marcher longbowmen as I have never seen them, but I doubt Tarquingaming is wrong. I might also be wrong in what I am saying with the Targaryen troops. They might have been nerfed in 1.4 but if they weren't then they are probably the best cav and the best archers second to Marsher longbowmen.

UnclePutte said:
It seems that the crowned helmets acquired when creating a kingdom come only in cracked quality. I've noticed that everything else coming from events is cracked as well - smoked fish included.

Thanks for reporting this, I'll fix it for 1.41.

Hi I just wanted to post some bug i found while exploring the map (i recently downloaded it) i found one of the sand daughters are mentioned twice when we ask some lords for their location, its not something major since it really doesn't do anything however. And ladies with daughters but no husband, usually are mentioned by the wondering barts as the "king's" daughter.

Anyway how big graphic memory for this game, i've been itching to play for ages until i get my new laptop however it seem doesn't work.... i can get into main menu, map, castles, tavern etc with 0 problem... however when i get to village and castle i get texture failure, and when i entered town the game crash into "runtime error", i've done the load texture on demand option as well....

My total graphic memory is 773mb with 63mb dedicated memory video, Ram memory 2gb with 1.89gb usable.

The only real problem with this mod is still the same as before.
No one is declaring war on you so this is by far the easiest mod.

Cozur said:
Tüfekçi Başı said:
Why don't you use real face of artists, dear Cozur?

What, like Monet?

16hlnww.jpg

Back
Top Bottom