SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Stravask said:
Fire_and_Blood said:
Siege Adjustments for many siege/defense scenes for ACOK 1.4.

All in all, the adjusted scenes should provide better mesh with less units getting stuck during sieges/defences. This doesn't fix all sieges, it covers about 50 castle scenes from Reach, Stormlands, Westerlands, North & Iron Islands.

To use these scenes:
-unpack the zip file
-copy the content of SceneObj into the Warband/Modules/ACOK1.4/SceneObj folder & overwrite the files already present.

-it's savegame compatible, but you have to restart Warband, if it was already running to reload the scenes.

Download:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BC72247749BF20F8!105&authkey=!ADgxlNdchOxc6X8&ithint=folder%2czip

Awful nice of you to go and do that.
Planning on doing something similar for 1.41?

The best thing would be that mod's dev apply upstream all the fixes (if are good)

Stravask said:

I expect the current files to work 95% with 1.41. Actually, it will work 100% with 1.41.

However, if Cozur updated a scene in the mean time, you wouldn't want to replace it with one I've edited (it would work, but you would have the old scene). So to update this to 1.41, it will be neccessary to remove those scenes, which should not be replaced, from the zip file. I'll do that, but of course 1.41 has to be released first :wink:

Fantu said:
The best thing would be that mod's dev apply upstream all the fixes (if are good)
True.

Cozur could add those scenes to the mod. And I was going to ask that, but only after getting some response here first, to make sure I didn't break any of the scenes by accident. I checked them, but you never know.

Fire_and_Blood said:
Stravask said:

I expect the current files to work 95% with 1.41. Actually, it will work 100% with 1.41.

However, if Cozur updated a scene in the mean time, you wouldn't want to replace it with one I've edited (it would work, but you would have the old scene). So to update this to 1.41, it will be neccessary to remove those scenes, which should not be replaced, from the zip file. I'll do that, but of course 1.41 has to be released first :wink:

yeah, that's what I was referring to, since I know he's listed a few scenes as being updated in the changelog. Thanks!

playing 1,4 and enjoying it,the only thing i don't like is the new westerlands troops,they used to have the coolest infantry and archers now meh

blazo23 said:
playing 1,4 and enjoying it,the only thing i don't like is the new westerlands troops,they used to have the coolest infantry and archers now meh

I really enjoy the unique Lannister/Casterly Rock troops. It makes much more sense to have the equipment the way it is now. Why should the men fighting for Gyles Rosby be wearing Lannister crests?

edit so as to not double post: Recently I sieged King's Landing for the first time in any version of the mod. All of the Goldcloaks only give 64 experience, in spite of them clearly being some pretty powerful troops. Is this a bug?

edit2: Thanks Fire and Blood, really nice to see those fixes. I'm a huge fan of Haystack Hall myself (really is a brutal castle for enemies to try to approach) and I'm glad to see the changes/fixes for so many scenes!

Really sad to see the riverland units go, but I guess there was no way to add two different troop trees into one faction.

Kalew said:
Really sad to see the riverland units go, but I guess there was no way to add two different troop trees into one faction.

Maybe in Bannerlord. Honestly, I can't wait to see the mods for Bannerlord.

Speaking of which, will ACOK find its way onto Bannerlord when it's released?

HazeNY said:
Kalew said:

Maybe in Bannerlord. Honestly, I can't wait to see the mods for Bannerlord.

Speaking of which, will ACOK find its way onto Bannerlord when it's released?

Q: Are you going to make A Clash of Kings II for Bannerlord?
A: Yes.

from the FAQ

Absolutely great mod, 1.41 seems to remove most annoyances i have with 1.4, when is 1.41 going to be released? I want to do a proper play-through on 1.41.

I am running into a crash after dispatching two emissaries to the North (one is asking to sign a non-aggressive pact and another one is trying to improve relation for 6000 coins). The game crashes when the companion returns from the North.

Save game is here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yg5ziyafonlluc7/sg00.sav?dl=0

Reproducible everytime. Run another 8 game hours from the saved game will produce the crash.

By the way, this is a great mod. I am big fan of Game of Thrones as well as mount and blade warband. Thanks for this well-made mod.

If anybody can help me out, I wanted to ask what the strategy with Anya Waynwood is. Apparently it is a way to gain a free fief. Even though I can manage the garrison because I married her., it is not technically mine, so I don't know what to do from here. Can I get some help please?

Edit: Forgot to mention this, after I married her she calls me "22?" now.

bug:

Ser Gregor Clegane's name changed to "s0" when he changed faction to the Khizra. No other faction-changing Lords have had a name change.

Cozur said:
HazeNY said:
Man, this mod is ******** awesome. I'd really like to see more villainous options though, to balance it all out.

Could you elaborate on that? Not really sure what you mean.

I can't speak for the guy, but if I were to guess, he means more things that are morally questionable. Like being a raiding bandit for example, or more dishonorable actions that aren't treated like incorrect decisions in random events and whatnot.

Personally I thought it'd be cool if you could get so disliked by factions that you become famous as a barbarian or a rogue that in general nobody likes, viewed in a similar hated-but-feared light as the Dothraki bands are by most.

The game already allows for a sort-of playthrough like this via relations with different factions, but it's mostly the fluff that'd make it "feel" distinctly villainous, through dialogue and whatnot. Perhaps references to there being a bounty on your head etc.

Sowing dissent amongst factions being more fleshed out would also be cool, allowing you to be a sort of Petyr Balish character, controlling things from the shadows.

That's just my personal take on it. Bein' the bad guy is fun.

Princess Shiera Saan calls herself Sarella Saan when first meeting her. There's also some other pretty irritatingly shoddy dialogue in the claimant situations. The worst I can remember is when you ask the big kahuna of Norvos about the high priestess whatsherface claimant.

Edit: bandit-type dothraki archers remain at level 1. Also, it might be a design choice rather than a bug, but tempered castle-forged arming swords are actually slightly better than Dark Sister, a Valyrian arming sword. Admittedly, this is much due to Dark Sister's short range.

Edit edit:
LordCanute said:
I've been messing around with the warband editor, and decided to remake some towns, so that they are harder to assault. I couldn't take any of these cities even outnumbering the enemy 3-1. What are your guys thoughts on the remakes. Better/worse?
I might release them when I finish all the westeros cities.

http://postimg.org/gallery/31xfmgcdm/62d91734/

Those are beautiful cities. For Weeping Tower, though, the city might be too "rich-looking". The Stormlands are probably the poorest and least urbanized region of the realms. And too "big" and "fancy" things often clash with the other content of the mod, since most of it is pretty down-to-earth.

Otherwise, great job!

UnclePutte said:
Also, it might be a design choice rather than a bug, but tempered castle-forged arming swords are actually slightly better than Dark Sister, a Valyrian arming sword. Admittedly, this is much due to Dark Sister's short range.

Balanced castle-forged swords sacrifice 1c 1p damage from the tempered prefix to gain 3 speed, so depending on how you value weapon stats they are an even better example. Masterwork castle-forged arming swords, of course, are even more damage than the tempered ones. If you ride to every city in Westeros you're likely to find a sword as good as Dark Sister every month or two. I'm inclined to think that it's a design choice and not a bug. The stats of Dark Sister relative to the new castle-forged arming swords, though, might be wanting some love to keep the Valyrian Steel legend alive.

Because I like feeling tough, I am happy about this buff to swords. There is also the consideration that only certain strikes do piercing damage, and cutting damage is the worst type against armored foes. Cozur put in the War Hammer (1h blunt, more damage than the war mace and you CAN block with it) and also 1h morningstars that will be piercing after the patch, so I think the increased stats to swords are justified (they also don't have bonus against shield or the ability to knock your enemy down that the alternatives do)

on an unrelated note, possible bug (or clarification desired)- foot/hand armor was not nerfed with the new patch, such that a pair of lordly mail gauntlets (16 armor) that you can buy for ~2000 coins is nearly the difference in Body Armor amounts between studded leather and heavy plate. Greaves are not as huge a difference per dollar, as they are more expensive than gauntlets in general, but also were not nerfed in the patch.

Was leg/hand armor not "the problem" with armor stats, and that's why they were left alone? It seems that maybe gauntlets need a slight nerf in stats (since an increase of cost wouldn't make that much lore-sense or metallurgic sense). To me, it seems more efficient to nerf gauntlet armor value across the board to reach the desired ratio of head/body/leg armor, since gauntlets compose only a small fraction of the real-world value of a suit of armor.

Sorry for the dumb question but the search pointed me to a thread that actually didn't help ( http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=194610.9135  not redyke your map action in the menu)

SO first of all how can you change your faction color

and secondly, can you change your faction "ethnicity" so that village and castle you own allow you to recruit unit from a defined faction (stormlaén, targaryan, etc ...)

PS : still playing with the 1.3.1 and no wife to manage the kingdom, but the change policy from the maester doesn't seems to allow you to choose a faction affinity

Back
Top Bottom