SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Cozur said:
If you visit White Harbor, you'll be able to scroll down and click the "Visit Fishfoot Yard" option, which will transport you to another menu where a short text will give you some info about Fishfoot Yard, White Harbor and also allow you to recruit the 10 White Harbor Knights currently standing around and looking for employment. This is a one time thing - you won't be able to recruit them again, but it should give certain locations a bit more flavor.

Is there any way you can make it where you can recruit White Harbor Knights if you own the settlement?

Hello everyone. I have been absent from these forums for a few weeks so I apologize if this has been talked about already but I think I should bring it up. Though I know it is very annoying to have someone say

"oh please change this to be like this mod because it is better" (which I'm not doing, I am just asking why it is like this)

I wanted to ask why naval battles have always been so small and frustrating. I thought it wasn't possible to make them bigger but I have seen otherwise. I know there is probably a good reason I just wanted to know what that reason is. I feel like if it is possible to make them bigger, it would be great. It is just that in ACOK i avoid naval battles even if I can beat the opponent because they are annoying.

If anybody can get back to me on this I would really appreciate it thanks :smile:.

ruledarkman said:
Hello everyone. I have been absent from these forums for a few weeks so I apologize if this has been talked about already but I think I should bring it up. Though I know it is very annoying to have someone say

"oh please change this to be like this mod because it is better" (which I'm not doing, I am just asking why it is like this)

I wanted to ask why naval battles have always been so small and frustrating. I thought it wasn't possible to make them bigger but I have seen otherwise. I know there is probably a good reason I just wanted to know what that reason is. I feel like if it is possible to make them bigger, it would be great. It is just that in ACOK i avoid naval battles even if I can beat the opponent because they are annoying.

If anybody can get back to me on this I would really appreciate it thanks :smile:.

It has indeed been brought up several times, however unless he left it out of the changelog notes for 1.4, sea battles are going to continue to be tedious and aggravating. On the plus side however, Cozur says he fixed the dumb trees on the few maps with them, so at least you won't have troops caught behind twigs that're 2 cm thick anymore hopefully.

In my case, I usually autocomplete sea battles if I MUST fight them and accept the losses, they're just far too damned infuriating :/
If however you're patient, you can win battles where you're sorely outnumbered by abusing the clogged battleground with an archer character and just pick off all the enemy archers first. Slow going in antyhing beyond 50 troop battles, but I took on Tywin with 70 troops vs his like 500 doing this.

I'll probably make some new sea battle scenes sometime in the future. All I've done for 1.4 is add some new planks/ramps so there should be no bottlenecks.

BUGSREPORT:

"View personal reports" and "View companions reports" seems that use same translation string (if present) with key mno_view_party_reports
I tried to change it and both strings are changed.

I also saw that in courtship relation report the reign filter show native modules reigns instead the acok ones.

I found some warning in log, playing in linux with warband 1.160 with ACOK 1.31:
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_medium
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_far
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_bullet_hit_body
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_player_hit_by_bullet
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_start
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_escape
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_launch
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_dives_into_water
Is not linux version problem because I tried also on windows and have same lines.

I started to do a italian translation of this mod and I saw there are 3 strings with special character with wrong encoding, can someone fix them, converting to utf-8 please?
For details see the changes in en/dialogs.csv and en/game_strings.csv this commit:
bitbucket.org/Swyter/warband-acok-l10n/commits/b588f58ca403572ca37f986bca2ed009f1119ec2

--------------

QUESTIONS:

I can not find the list with the relations with known lord in the reports of the character, is elsewhere, is bugged or is intentionally removed? (if so why?)

In ACOK there is new ways to become kings or are there the only 2 of native? (not be a vassal and capturing caste or town and be vassal, capturing caste or town and if king not give it to you rebel)

Thanks for any reply.

Cozur said:
I'll probably make some new sea battle scenes sometime in the future. All I've done for 1.4 is add some new planks/ramps so there should be no bottlenecks.

Thanks a TON for doing that Cozur, that does a ****load to help make them flow better.
Really appreciate that you listened to us on a lot of the changes in 1.4, btw.

UnclePutte said:
Drakken said:
Funniest bug.

You can offer a fief to the miller's wife ^^
her stats sucks but you can train her and give her any equipements.
I wonder if she is considered a noble by the other lords. ^^

Added to my "to-do" list. I'm going to equip her with the best troops I can, and then have her beat Theon Greyjoy's ass black and blue.

I was wondering, will she disaper as soon as the dead line is reached or if she is passing by her village, as a lord that would be funny ^^

Sup guys, another miny teaser.

Three companions have had names changes, to make them a bit more lore friendly:

Kanut Bannside - Bennis of the Hollow Hill.
Yohnas - Alyn
Colin the Mute - Saathos

Saathos is no longer mute, but rather an alchemist from Qarth.

Also, loads of companion dialogue updates.

I'm just testing 1.4 now, should be ready fairly soon.

Cozur said:
Three companions have had names changes, to make them a bit more lore friendly:

Yohnas - Alyn
Colin the Mute - Saathos

Really glad I decided to check the forums today, or else I would be devastated to find Yohnas gone from the mod. He has been with me on every playthrough.

Cozur said:
Yohnas - Alyn
Colin the Mute - Saathos

Neat - An alchemist and a member of the Brotherhood Without Banners, is that right? Is Yohnas/Alyn still a squire?
Cozur said:
I'm just testing 1.4 now, should be ready fairly soon.
That's awesome, bring it on.

Back
Top Bottom