SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

something weird is happening in my new game.
I have reimported my previous character lvl 37
i quickly started caping castle and towns, Rosby days 150+/- then Duskendale, River Crossing and 2 more castles.
I am the lord of both Kingslanding and Rosby and for a reason when a lord is joining me, he is betray me the second after, so far something like 20 lords joined me to betray me in 1 to 10 secondes after.
Obviously the non honorable lord are betraying me and i "caught" one honorable lord, only one. i gave him Duskendale and a couple of villages and he reamain loyal.
My honor is rather low since this is a new game and i am caping early so it could be the reason, not enough honor and renow, or is it a bug?
So bullying the mod with a imported character may not be the best thing to do..

Drakken said:
Free folk.
My knowledge about this world is only based on the films, not the books so i can be very wrong.
But from what i understand Stanis is attacking Mance raider not to save the world but to capture a huge army of 100.000 men.
and so i don't undertand why Mance and the Widdlings are invading the North. if they are following Stanis orders np but the Freemen should find another faction name then. ^^

More questions,
Are we following our own time line or the one from the film or the books?

- Will the Vale join the war or are they always too scared?
- Will walder Frey and Ross Bolton, join Westerland and kill Robb Stark?
(that could be cool since you are about to merge both the North and the Riverland.)
- based on the time line and the season 1 to 4 Theon should not be a lord imho.
mance is trying to escape from the "true north" because of the danger that faces his people (the white walkers) he isnt attacking because of stannis.

the mod is based around the "a clash of kings" book but there are some more recent additions like the targ's which havnt happened in the story yet. equally because it is inspired by the books that why theon is a lord for the iron isle's which i was for a brief period in the tv series. and i think cozur has said that adding something like the red wedding incident would be to complicated so wont be added also it doesnt happen in a clash of kings and happens later on in a storm of swords ( i think).

and yea unfortunately the vale are pansies and dont join any wars which is a shame since they are kind of cool in my opinion

and you should defiently read the books they are great !!! and if you are worried about the books spoiling the show then just read the books till you catch up then stop till the next series is over, or you could read the Ducan and Egg series which is based in westeros but wont spoil the story of game of thrones at all and there is the Green and blacks/the princess and the queen which is all about the targ civil war where all of the dragon riders fought each other

if you import a high level char it might also activate the anti-cheat armies cozur put in where if you are too high a level the lords and bandits go round with  massive armies to try and nerf you being super high leveled. as for the lords defecting i guess if you have low honor you will attract all of the A-ssholes of westeros who are likely to change sides, odd that they do it straight away but i guess if you arnt giving them feifs then they will defect, it works a lot better if you can convince honorable lords to join you since they dont complain about who gets what castle and they tend to stick around more :smile:

Yep i was waiting for the serie to be over but since it is a litle slow i will follow your advice, thanks.  :cool:

One warband developer replied to my post with one backtrace of ACOK crashs:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/48700/discussions/0/45350791459137130/#c34096318913608248
It looks like ACOK passes the memory limit of 32-bit applications. I'm not sure if there's anything to be done except reducing the resolution of all textures of the mod.

Tybalt_ said:
"Worried about the books spoiling the show"

Now I've seen it all.

This is what is happening if you are discovering the world of games of thrones with the TV show.......................................

Drakken said:
Tybalt_ said:
"Worried about the books spoiling the show"

Now I've seen it all.

This is what is happening if you are discovering the world of games of thrones with the TV show.......................................

Either your "." key is broken or you just died. Either way, I'm sorry :sad:

Fantu said:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/48700/discussions/0/45350791459137130/#c34096318913608248
It looks like ACOK passes the memory limit of 32-bit applications. I'm not sure if there's anything to be done except reducing the resolution of all textures of the mod.

Yeah, you really need a 64 system to run this properly.

Cozur said:
Fantu said:

I have already a 64 bit system (also 16 gb of ram and 2 gb of video ram) but the warband binary is 32 bit and isn't opensource, so I can't recompile it to 64 bit instead.
If developer right about it have big ram/video ram will not solves the problem, lower graphic quality (that decrease the textures size on load) and textures on request can mitigate the problem but playing for a long time the crashes can happen later.
If I remember good on linux there isn't texture on request in configure.
I think that reduce the texture size is necessary, will improve performance, stability (less crashes), lower loading time, download of ACOK time, playing better and without need to changes settings ecc...
I also think that it is totally useless to have big textures if you have to lower the graphic quality to play...
This evening probably I'll try a fast test of resize of all dds to 50% (one command from command line if imagemagick library support it), should be ok or these is some hardcoded size in sourcecode of the mod?

Thanks for any reply and sorry for my bad english.

reiksmarshal said:
Bravo Cozur!

We must be close to a 1.4 release with the change log up. Looking forward to the npc lord Stat changes, does that mean the Mountain has a 10 in iron flesh and power strike!

Yes, Gregor is pretty OP in battles now.

Don't know how close we are to 1.4, still a couple of things remaining:

Fix the script bug set_title_according that occurs when giving companions a fief.
Write a ton of dialogue for the new companions.
Test 1.4.

I could imagine weapons not doing much damage on Gregor with 10 ironflesh and alot of armor? But I guess that makes up for stupid AI and no blocking.

Tybalt_ said:
I could imagine weapons not doing much damage on Gregor with 10 ironflesh and alot of armor? But I guess that makes up for stupid AI and no blocking.
i would have thought a well place lance or a good feathering of arrows ... or maybe cozur will put manticor venom into the game to coat our weapons especially to kill the mountain :razz:

I'm glad to hear he will be OP, hope there is an opportunity to fight him in a tournament. Thanks for the response Cozur and good luck on wrapping up 1.4 sounds like it will be a bundle of joy for us to rediscover. Very happy about trade getting sorted, maybe Player caravans might be an option at some point.

Fantu said:
Cozur said:
Fantu said:

I have already a 64 bit system (also 16 gb of ram and 2 gb of video ram) but the warband binary is 32 bit and isn't opensource, so I can't recompile it to 64 bit instead.
If developer right about it have big ram/video ram will not solves the problem, lower graphic quality (that decrease the textures size on load) and textures on request can mitigate the problem but playing for a long time the crashes can happen later.
I think that reduce the texture size is necessary, will improve performance, stability (less crashes), lower loading time, download of ACOK time, playing better and without need to changes settings ecc...
I also think that it is totally useless to have big textures if you have to lower the graphic quality to play...
This evening probably I'll try a fast test of resize of all dds to 50% (one command from command line if imagemagick library support it), should be ok or these is some hardcoded size in sourcecode of the mod?

Let us know please how the texture resizing works out for you, i'm kind of curious. Computer should be way beyond what's needed to run the game properly and it still crashes frequently. Gave up trying to fix it from end-user standpoint.

The new changelog looks amazing, and one thing in particular stuck out at me. How will commissioned items work? Will we be able to commission item type as well as quality? Personally, that is very exiting I hate having to constantly travel back and forth to try and find armor pieces that I like. Especially late game when I'm trying to find higher quality items. Very excited about this Cozur. Thanks for all your hard work.

Stravask said:
Fantu said:
Cozur said:
Fantu said:

Let us know please how the texture resizing works out for you, i'm kind of curious. Computer should be way beyond what's needed to run the game properly and it still crashes frequently. Gave up trying to fix it from end-user standpoint.

I halfed the size of all dds and now nomore crashes (on my fast test) and also load faster.
With beta of newer warband solved the black textures problem, for example on dagger but have other graphic and font problem, I not know if is something wrong with my "istant" resize of all textures for test of warband regression.
For example on TLD instead new beta seems that solves all black textures problems.
Based on backtraces reducing textures size for never reach the maximum memory address supported by 32 bit (it include not only textures but all memory needed by game process) seems that solves all crashes I had for now (if there aren't memory leak on game and/or mod).
Now I'll try also with warband 1.160 to understand if graphic problem are about new version or the my fast auto resize of textures.

EDIT:
the graphic regression is caused by resize (resize to 50% off all texture did with xnconvert), someone can tell me a right way to reduce the textures in fast and correct way please?

Alundra said:
tuco i now that dragon bow you have you got that from tourney? do you have a weirwood bow as well?
Haha. I got that dragon bow when I saw, "You won a tourney, they gave you a dragon bow!" and then I looked in my inventory and saw a normal bow. So I entered the cheat menu and bought it from the item selection dialog.

Back
Top Bottom