SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Another question, I hope it hasn't been asked before.
Why are there so few bastard swords ingame? I loved the bastard swords from vanilla because I like switching between twohanded/onehanded use while in battle, but that's something I'm really missing from this mod.

Clone1710 said:
Another question, I hope it hasn't been asked before.
Why are there so few bastard swords ingame? I loved the bastard swords from vanilla because I like switching between twohanded/onehanded use while in battle, but that's something I'm really missing from this mod.
there are some but there arnt many (or at least there were some) but i do agree it would be nice to see a few more bastard swords since they are so versatile

chunder_bot said:
he's leaving business's in the game though so just spaff out a few dye works and you will soon have enough gold to support an army once you have an army you can start a kingdom then your taxes will bring in more money ... profit ?

My taxes have never ever come close to paying for a garrison and every dyeworks in the world barely pays for my primary army. Buying land was the only thing that let you be strong strategically, to make up for the fact that you don't have magical income sources and magical troop renewals like the NPC lords do. If you can't be rich, you are always going to have to worry about money. If you can't buy land, you can't get rich.

I'll just x10 mod up the costs/benefits of all the enterprises, though. Which in the long run will probably be more broken than land. I spent 2 years on my character killing wildlings and investing in land so I could finally have enough money to run my kingdom and not have to worry about troop wages. It's fun for money to matter, it's not fun for being rich to be impossible or for a kingdom to be unsustainable.

That said, it's Cozur's mod and I love it. I'll change anything I don't like about it, and it won't hurt him or me.

TarquinGaming said:
chunder_bot said:
he's leaving business's in the game though so just spaff out a few dye works and you will soon have enough gold to support an army once you have an army you can start a kingdom then your taxes will bring in more money ... profit ?

My taxes have never ever come close to paying for a garrison and every dyeworks in the world barely pays for my primary army. Buying land was the only thing that let you be strong strategically, to make up for the fact that you don't have magical income sources and magical troop renewals like the NPC lords do. If you can't be rich, you are always going to have to worry about money. If you can't buy land, you can't get rich.

I'll just x10 mod up the costs/benefits of all the enterprises, though. Which in the long run will probably be more broken than land. I spent 2 years on my character killing wildlings and investing in land so I could finally have enough money to run my kingdom and not have to worry about troop wages. It's fun for money to matter, it's not fun for being rich to be impossible or for a kingdom to be unsustainable.

That said, it's Cozur's mod and I love it. I'll change anything I don't like about it, and it won't hurt him or me.
I believe Cozur has said he 'fixed' trade (unsure of what that means) and is lowering wages so I assume this will supplement our income. I'm curious why not just lower troop wages yourself as I believe many of us already have?

TarquinGaming said:
chunder_bot said:

how did you mod ACOK? what are the things you changed? i wanna change mine too but i don't know how the shields in ACOK are boring to look at and the helmets too but i like the armors. i wish i could import cool shields bows and helmets and mounts from other warband mods. do you know how to do them?

Bravo Cozur!

We must be close to a 1.4 release with the change log up. Looking forward to the npc lord Stat changes, does that mean the Mountain has a 10 in iron flesh and power strike!

Cozur said:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-clash-of-kings/features/changelog5

Great to see so many changes, and excited to see how they turn out.

Query: in ASOIAF the smallfolk do not have surnames, but some companions that are not of the nobility (Ser Clavis Lyberr, Garrett Longley) do have surnames.  I was wondering if there is a reason for this.

Cozur said:
Cant wait to try it out, "Merged the Riverlands and the North into one faction" especially. The north might get to punch someone other than the squids now

yeah i think all npc lords and kings should have stronger stats and higher lv as well. i like the difficulty of the AI in this mod compared to other mods where everyone is easy to kill. now the only lacking thing is the enemy lords i just wish they could be stronger and would give big exp when you defeat them

also can you make it so that enemy kings and lords drop their armor when defeated?

want HD map textures and scenes pls.

the crannogs outlaw factions should have a lord leader like the forest bandits and wildlings

please add more asianish face type in character creation

Alundra said:
please add more asianish face type in character creation

To be fair, Georgey doesn't really do 'Asianish' people. Although I do agree Howland Reed would be nice to see in the mod.

Exciting stuff to look forward to in 1.5. Can't wait :smile:

RoboJesus said:
Cozur said:
Cant wait to try it out, "Merged the Riverlands and the North into one faction" especially. The north might get to punch someone other than the squids now

personally not really a fan of this change, though it does have merit in that Edmure is basically a vassal of King Robb in this time-span, but historically the Riverlands have been separate (at least under targ rule) and even for a period pre-dating the Targs under the Mudd's until the Andals came and the Stormlands conquered the Riverlands...then the Ironborn. Also not sure what this will do to the balance of the game since the already huge north has just doubled and got that many more Lords, they should be able to have 2 marshals and go on a conquering spree now :/, hopefully it doesn't come to that as I personally like a weak north so Stannis the Mannis can take the Crownlands and part of the Westerlands/Reach/Stormlands :smile:.

Azsouth said:
RoboJesus said:
Cozur said:

personally not really a fan of this change, though it does have merit in that Edmure is basically a vassal of King Robb in this time-span, but historically the Riverlands have been separate (at least under targ rule) and even for a period pre-dating the Targs under the Mudd's until the Andals came and the Stormlands conquered the Riverlands...then the Ironborn. Also not sure what this will do to the balance of the game since the already huge north has just doubled and got that many more Lords, they should be able to have 2 marshals and go on a conquering spree now :/, hopefully it doesn't come to that as I personally like a weak north so Stannis the Mannis can take the Crownlands and part of the Westerlands/Reach/Stormlands :smile:.

Well im quite sure the northern bannermen AND the river lords crown rob king after his fathers execution which should mean both are officially united under him afaik. Admittedly ive only played a handful of games with the mod but i dont think ive seen the north actually accomplish much beyond the strife with the iron born or they just start fighting with the riverlands. But yeah, hopefully they pose a real threat to the westernlands as they should (without steamrolling them) And R'hllor will always show the mannis his way

I'm happy with the change; as it's been pointed out the North doesn't really do much in the mod, so this will hopefully help.

Ser Davos is a hypocrit.

I gave a fief to a companion who happens to be low-born. He says (with -2 deteriation to our relations):

I understand that you have given Longsister to a commoner who calls himself Ser Clavis Lyberr. Be careful. To learn the art of governance is no easy task, and perhaps it is best that fathers pass it on to their sons. I advise you against tampering with the institution of lordship.

Says the smuggler who became a knight, then a lord and Hand of The King. :razz:

Free folk.
My knowledge about this world is only based on the films, not the books so i can be very wrong.
But from what i understand Stanis is attacking Mance raider not to save the world but to capture a huge army of 100.000 men.
and so i don't undertand why Mance and the Widdlings are invading the North. if they are following Stanis orders np but the Freemen should find another faction name then. ^^

More questions,
Are we following our own time line or the one from the film or the books?

- Will the Vale join the war or are they always too scared?
- Will walder Frey and Ross Bolton, join Westerland and kill Robb Stark?
(that could be cool since you are about to merge both the North and the Riverland.)
- based on the time line and the season 1 to 4 Theon should not be a lord imho.

Back
Top Bottom