SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Alundra said:
dutch81 said:
I cannot get even into the character creation process to play this mod any ideas? I have started it in Windows mode as suggested.  Any help would be appreciated I'm a big fan of the book series.

how did you install and what version did you download?

Latest version I could find out ... after I noticed it wasn't loading I went ahead and did the latest patch as well although the one I initially downloaded was the full version.  I have several other mods none have any issue.  I don't mind downloading it again if there is another link?

I found some warning in log, playing in linux with warband 1.160 with ACOK 1.31:
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_medium
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_far
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_bullet_hit_body
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_player_hit_by_bullet
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_start
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_escape
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_launch
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_dives_into_water
Is not linux version problem because I tried also on windows and have same lines.

After I have tried latest warband beta with acok and there are some regressions, probably not warband problem but ACOK, I not found them in native, here the details:
steamcommunity.com/app/48700/discussions/0/45350791459137130/#c34096318766516828

If you need more tests/details tell me and I'll post them.
Thanks for any reply.

Nice.

Been holding off on a new play-through until 1.4, so I'm super excited. Very interested to see the changes to how companions work.

So you'd probably have to put up with some illiterates, but have you considered putting up a "buggy" version of 1.4 so we can all let you know bugs we find and then release a "fixed" version with the major ones taken care of like a couple weeks/month later?

Just a thought.

You'd have to put some disclaimer or something to (hopefully) lessen the stupidity for those couple weeks but it might save you a lot of time, and I"m sure we'd catch a lot more bugs.

- When you are hosting a feast from Kings landing, the feast is immediately over.
- When you are strenghtening your sovereignty in my case with yhonas, he is offering me to do that only once when a new lord is joining and then never again.

- still crashing to desktop in volantis when you are near the prison guard.
- the game is CTD sometimes for no obvious reason.

I got a question, why is there so many pykeman in this mod and almost no sword man for the little soldier? In the serie, almost everyone use sword, so why putting this many pyke while its probably the worst weapon in the game for a footman ?

Brulis said:
I got a question, why is there so many pykeman in this mod and almost no sword man for the little soldier? In the serie, almost everyone use sword, so why putting this many pyke while its probably the worst weapon in the game for a footman ?

Well, in a normal medieval army, very few people used swords because they costed too much to produce them in masses. The normal soldiers used spears or other weapons or swords they plundered on a battlefield.
In the series most people are using swords, just because it's a little bit boring when you just see people fighting against each other with spears, with swords there is much more action. So I think it is very good to use mostly spears or pikes in this mod than tons of swords.

Oh, yea, your probably right, havent tought about the cost of weapon. I will keep on waiting till the day i will be able to get my own army and try to buy a sword for now !
Thanks for answer !

2 other question about the game, I have tried to find info about those merchants that sell some part of the land but have found nothing.
Is this bring you money or just improving the prosperity of the city?
And do I really need to go back at each city every 2 week to pay and collect (if it bring me money)

Brulis said:
2 other question about the game, I have tried to find info about those merchants that sell some part of the land but have found nothing.
And do I really need to go back at each city every 2 week to pay and collect (if it bring me money)
it will bring in money for you every two weeks, you can come back and collect this money at any time so you can leave it in there for ages then collect it the next time you are in or near that town but cozur has said he is going to be changing that feature

chunder_bot said:
Brulis said:
it will bring in money for you every two weeks, you can come back and collect this money at any time so you can leave it in there for ages then collect it the next time you are in or near that town but cozur has said he is going to be changing that feature

If he's to be taken literally, he's nearly removing the feature. So time to start coming up with magical sources of 1.4 revenue gents! <3
(Unless you wanna be a sellsword-4-lyfe :grin:)

Stravask said:
chunder_bot said:
Brulis said:

If he's to be taken literally, he's nearly removing the feature. So time to start coming up with magical sources of 1.4 revenue gents! <3
(Unless you wanna be a sellsword-4-lyfe :grin:)
he's leaving business's in the game though so just spaff out a few dye works and you will soon have enough gold to support an army once you have an army you can start a kingdom then your taxes will bring in more money ... profit ?

Back
Top Bottom