SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

TarquinGaming said:
In practice I'd rank Westerosi cavalry
1. Stormlands
2. Vale
3. Reach/Westerlands
5. Riverlands
6. North/Dragonstone
8. Dorne
9. Targ

IIRC the stormlands knights have no weapon other than spears, so once they're dismounted they're pretty useless.
Been a few weeks since I played though XD

_Ozymandias_ said:
The heavy targ knights not having shields is really incredibly damaging to their value. They don't stand as good a chance at living through the couched lance damage of an initial cav-on-cav charge, they take throwing weapons and other projectiles straight to the body, etc. In sieges this hurts more, where their value is depressingly low. This is made up for by Targ elite longbowman who are FANTASTIC. They have 4 power draw (everyone else on westeros that's a foot archer has 3) and plate body/head armor.

Those are the only two sets of troop gear I've cared enough to tweak as of yet, giving knights shields and toning down the archers in response. I'll have to try out the three sister troops and companion morning star combo as that sounds wonderful to watch.

Excited about the upcoming patch as its looking great but I have to ask if there has been/will be some improvements to some of the maps. Just earlier I assaulted Oldtown and had to deal with the menacing troll under the bridge chopping my troops feet off and micro managing them around the corner to the enemy spawn zone only to watch them spaz out around the dock. And the map with the dense maze of trees that the enemy seems to get stuck in no matter what which then forces you to wade into this very tight and annoying area to fight. It's nothing completely unmanageable but just a downer to see something like your entire siege stopped because your troops are trying to fight someone through a stone bridge

Tuco said:
Re: Wights, probably the most efficient would be the mounted tyroshi archers. You can just kite them. Hell, if you have a good bow skill and a horse you can solo the army. I'm a little surprised that people are having trouble with a cluster of literally the most vulnerable type of enemy (foot soldiers with no shield).

re: Knights, the pentoshi cataphract are good with their cataphract warhorses, which are better than mailed destriers, but they use arakhs (30dmg, 90speed, 78 reach) vs arming sword (29 dmg, 100 speed, 87 reach). The arakh has bonus against shields but I think the arming sword wins.

In 131, Pentoshi Cataphracts use arming swords. Norvosi Cataphracts use Arakhs. All in all, the Pentoshi Cats top my knight chart. They have mail boots and gloves, but the cataphract warhorse paired with the 60/20 heavy lamellar is just too much to pass on, and the 50-point Cat helmet is adequate as well.

They do pay for it though, in fashion of great difficulty at training them. Pentoshi swordsmen are the weakest castle-recruited troop around, and the Pentoshi lancers are shieldless and only moderately armored, leading to frequently high death counts.

Hi guys,

I am new with the mod things. I loved the serie of Game of thrones and now i want to try this mod.
I've download and installed this mod. This is not the problem, my problem is that i keep getting a "runtime error"

Does anyone knows how to fix this?

Bjurren said:
Hi guys,

I am new with the mod things. I loved the serie of Game of thrones and now i want to try this mod.
I've download and installed this mod. This is not the problem, my problem is that i keep getting a "runtime error"

Is load textures on demand on?

Shadowxk1 said:
Bjurren said:
Hi guys,

Yes, this is on

First I'd like to say that this is an absolutely fantastic mod, and I would like to apologize for the fact that my first post is kind of q_q.

Lately I've been getting random crashes in the game.
Sometimes it will work fine for a long time before it crashes,
but often it just dies after a couple of minutes. Is this because I'm still on the previous version?

From what I understand you have to start over after an update,
and I would like to get a good feel of the game before I start over again.

Thanks in advance.

Humbert said:
First I'd like to say that this is an absolutely fantastic mod, and I would like to apologize for the fact that my first post is kind of q_q.

but often it just dies after a couple of minutes. Is this because I'm still on the previous version?

Thanks in advance.

Is it really random? Maybe it crashes when you are clicking on a tavern or something?

Is the bug on the siege map of fellwood with the invisible wall known? Invaders get stuck behind it and it plays havoc with the AI, and scores of arrows end up stuck quivering in midair.
Also there appear to be other spawn errors (ie, defenders spawn on the roof of the building beneath the wall, but they can't get on top because they cannot jump that high).

I don't have a ton of Warband experience and I've only fairly recently started sieging, is it a typical thing to expect that certain towns/castles will have their bugs pretty much no matter what?

I didn't take a screenshot but I'm sure I'll have the opportunity to do this, if it's needed. Had 9 battles of Fellwood last night.

Stravask said:
IIRC the stormlands knights have no weapon other than spears, so once they're dismounted they're pretty useless.
Been a few weeks since I played though XD

Just checked to be sure, but I've fought enough of them to remember that they have swords. Many a siege has turned because I didn't respect a Heavy Stormlander's sword arm. The AI likes to use spears in all sorts of stupid situations, but there's a weapon command to force them to switch to a 1h.

Bjurren said:
Shadowxk1 said:
Bjurren said:
Hi guys,

Yes, this is on
Can you give more details as to when this happens, the specific error and computer specs. Also try making sure this is up to date "Visual C++ Runtime library".

Second "alpha" build of italian translation is available:
http://fantu.eu/warband/warband-v1.160-acok-1.31-trad-it-a2.7z

Translated with transifex, actual status, here (ui, ui_main and item_modifiers files are not present in transifex but taken from base translation already at 100%):
image_png

If someone want help or follow this project see here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,311747.0.html

I am having this slight bug where no one seems to be leaving their castle or their town/city. Everyone is in the appropriate spot, they just never leave. So the only people that travel are caravans, bandits, and assigned patrols. Is there a workaround for this?

does anybody know all the rare armor from each town? i once saw Brienne of Tarth's armor in Weeping Tower i could'nt buy it at that time and it rarely shows again. anyway there is a Black Unsullied chest piece in the game right? where do they sell that? do you guys have a list of the rare armor in the game?

guys im so confused to what's going on with the current version 1.31 why don't i see the snowy areas thats been showed in the image section from the download site. and why does my riverrun dont look like in the images?

Leonemo said:
Humbert said:

Thanks in advance.

Is it really random? Maybe it crashes when you are clicking on a tavern or something?

It can happen at any time, but mostly while I'm in the overworld just moving around the map.

My game crashes first when I try to create a character, then I saw someone say try windowed mode but it does the same except now I get A Runtime C+ error. I have no problem running any other mods and my computer is perfectly capable of running anything.  Any other suggestions to help me get this running, I would love to try it.

One thing I came to ponder - what about squires? There are individual "squire" type npc's in bands of robber knights, but I came to wonder whether there should be an actual squire type unit for each realm? It is the main road to knighthood, generally speaking. Or should we just plainly consider mounted sergeants to be squires?

Back
Top Bottom