SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Uh... I just realized that I have version 1.53.034 and version 1.58 is out. Should I install it or does clash of kings not run on it?

If it doesn't work on 1.58 what version should I install?

ruledarkman said:
Uh... I just realized that I have version 1.53.034 and version 1.58 is out. Should I install it or does clash of kings not run on it?

If it doesn't work on 1.58 what version should I install?

Should work fine with 1.158 afaik, at least that's what I was playing my game on.

Though mine inexplicably killed itself at day 909 and I still don't have a reason soo.. lol

Hello my school english is very very bad. I wanted to ask if there is somewhere to find a translation into German or even to make yourself a chance ... unfortunately I get no response in the German forum that seem to be there all dead  :cry: would be cool if me who could help here (translated by Google)

Asgardsritter said:
hmpf and why should I learn english if it translations for Spanish and something else there .. then yes it would have to also give for German  :roll:
You should learn english because you are trying to communicate in an english forum and Google isn´t good at translating full sentences.

Sie sollen Englisch lernen, weil Sie in ein English Forum zu kommunizieren wollen, und Google kann nicht volle Sätze gut übersetzen.

This was originally posted for Floris mod, but I think it´s standard for Warband.

Q: I'd like Floris to be in my native language. How do I translate it?
You can make your game create the .csv files required to translate by starting Warband and clicking on "Configure". There, turn "Windowed Mode" on. You can also enter Windowed mode by pressing Alt+Enter while the game is running. Once you launch Floris, open a saved game or start a new game. Then, when on the world map, go to the "View" menu on the menu bar in the windowed screen and choose "Create Language Template". A folder "new_language" will be created in your Warband installation folder, containing all of the .csv files needed to create a translation.

Asgardsritter said:
hmpf and why should I learn english if it translations for Spanish and something else there .. then yes it would have to also give for German  :roll:

Weil Englisch in der heutigen Welt einfach wichtig ist. Außerdem kann man dann die Bücher und die Serie in Orginalsprache genießen. :wink:

(Because in todays world English is just important. You could also enjoy the books and the tv series in their original language by the way. )

Stravask said:
That makes sense.

Though, I still think 100,000 for a dyeworks is probably a little extreme XD

One last point on enterprises, have you ever heard the expression "It takes money to make money". This is it in a nut shell, the first enterprise will be hard to get, but once you get one the next will be much easier. Enterprises isn't something ever adventure should be getting more of the merchant/ little finger type characters.

Once you get one enterprise if you save the income you can buy a second in 20 weeks, if you own 2 you can buy a third in 10 weeks, and so on. Anyways in the end Cozur will do what he thinks is best for getting the mod economy on track.   

Hey people, I've got a problem.

Whenever I look at certain areas on a battlefield, my game starts stuttering the **** out of it self. This only happens with A Clash of Kings, I've got three other mods I tried out and none of them do that. I can play everyone of them on the medium to high settings, except ACOK. I tried lowering the graphics down, but even then it still stutters when I look at different areas within a battlefield. Like one of the boat maps for instance, I can look at my men with no frame rate drops, but as soon as I turn towards like the left or towards the enemies( it doesn't always happen when I turn towards the enemy army) then the game stutters.

The other mods I tested out was Anno Domini 1257, War Sword Conquest and 1860s Old America.

I seriously want to play this mod guys. I think it's brilliant except for those frame rate issues. I'm a huge fan of AGOT.

Just saw the new preview on moddb, looks really good Cozur. Essos sounds exciting and glad you can still recruit specialty troops like Myr crossbows in addition to the sellsword lances. 

Can Cozur, or anyone aware of this for that matter, tell me if the coins used in the game are golden dragons? Because if so...
Stravask said:
That makes sense.
Though, I still think 100,000 for a dyeworks is probably a little extreme XD

This is more than a little extreme. As to the cost of Sellswords, we have this from the books (don't know how spoilers are handled here, so I will be cautious and spoiler tag this):

Tyrion signs a contract with the Second Sons for approximately 150,000 golden dragons. This is an enormous amount for sellswords, as 100,000 gold dragons (among other things) go to Brown Ben Plumm alone. I imagine that about half this amount can be enough to hire a sellsword company of similar size/quality as the Second Sons, under normal circumstances.
A dyeworks - and indeed any enterprise - should cost about the same as it does now. Returns from an enterprise however, should be more varied such that dyeworks stop being the only logical choice. In fact it would be very nice if there was a greater variety in enterprises - brothels, etc.

As for sellswords, when hired individually they should remain expensive (Tyrion pays Bronn very well to keep him around). When hiring an army however, a viable solution would be to make it so that we can hire sellswords "in bulk" or as a company. This would be very expensive, and should work similarly to how players are hired as mercenaries in Native, in a contractual manner. However the cost per soldier would be far smaller, thus making sellswords affordable.

Troops are ridiculously expensive IMO. Knights cost 700 a week each while medium range infantry is 75 each. How am I suppose to sustain a army like that?

Back
Top Bottom