SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Not to mention giants are not just creatures 2 times bigger and 3 times wider than a human model. They are big hulking beasts that would make any combat involving them very awkward.

I don't even think it is possible to make them as big as they are described in the books. Cozur has already said no giants and I believe it is because they won't be as they are described in the books and lore is very important to this mod.

Is it me or did most spears get a massive nerf?

As far as I can tell there are no more lances in the game. And most spears longer than 140 units cannot be wielded along with a shield.

Stravask said:
Way more likely I would think that Giants just don't work for sieges. All the siege maps would have to be remade to accommodate hulking fuzzy monsters and since pathing problem exist on maps currently, that seems like a big issue.

Oh okay then, thanks for clearing that up.

kuudou said:
As far as I can tell there are no more lances in the game. And most spears longer than 140 units cannot be wielded along with a shield.

I haven't found a lance yet.  You could load up Morgh's to see if they are even in the game.  I didn't find any thrown weapons until I went to Essos, so it could be that lances are just area specific like thrown weapons seem to be.  It could also be a design choice to let other weapons shine, particularly those central to the lore of various factions.  I'll take a look tonight and see what I dig up.

When I broke into the dungeon at the crossing the door locked behind me and I couldnt get out? Luckily I could just press f12 and replay...

Edit
Just retried and noticed the guard never gives you the key when you kill him..

Fasty said:
When I broke into the dungeon at the crossing the door locked behind me and I couldnt get out? Luckily I could just press f12 and replay...

Edit
Just retried and noticed the guard never gives you the key when you kill him..

Yeah, I put that in the list of maps with bugged prisoner breakouts a few pages back, idk if Cozur plans on fixing them before 1.4 though.

Cool, when are you expecting to release the new version?

Guys,
If I start a new game, but import my old character, will I get the anti cheat enemy armies I have read about?

BioHyde said:

Guys,
If I start a new game, but import my old character, will I get the anti cheat enemy armies I have read about?

Yeah, you will.

IIRC from what I Was told when I asked, the "anti-cheat armies" are just armies that have scaled with the player's experience. So a level 1 character faces smaller armies than a level 40 character

Stravask said:
BioHyde said:

Guys,

Yeah, you will.

IIRC from what I Was told when I asked, the "anti-cheat armies" are just armies that have scaled with the player's experience. So a level 1 character faces smaller armies than a level 40 character
Huh, ok.
Thank you,

Has this been addressed? It probably has but I want to be sure, it's rather annoying and makes capturing castles take longer than it has to.
Code:
http://i.imgur.com/GvWO2aj.jpg

And does anyone have a working way to change companion names? Tried changing it in the character screen, with edit mode enabled but no dice. Tried Morgh's editor but when I did that the companions simply didn't appear in the tavern.

Snuff_The_Rooster said:
http://oi60.tinypic.com/2ltswsl.jpg

I'd reccomend a sea route between these two points for balance since Myr have been destroyed very quickly in all 3 games I've played once war is declared. It seems Myr's armies can't get to Myr fast enough as they have to go past the massive body of water to get there.

Hi Cozur. Any word or opinion on this? Myr don't stand a chance having to ride around the lake. A sea route or bridge would really help them!
At least in my games - Does anyone else experience this?

BioHyde said:

Cozur is very active and regularly updates his mod quicker than most mod teams. Knowing how well  he keeps up with regular updated content and changes by going over past updates, not to long I bet.

The mercenary/sellsword companies sounds awesome. I remember somewhere in the game of thrones wiki that it said Essos such as the Free Cities mostly uses sellswords. Just can't wait for the next update with all the new troops.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Mercenary Somewhere from this site, but it's a wiki not very reliable information. It's found at the mercenary companies section.

While sellsword companies are encountered in Westeros, they are much more common in the city-states of Essos, particularly in the Free Cities and Slaver's Bay. The Seven Kingdoms are predominantly a feudal society, in which each lord raises soldiers from his own lands.In contrast, the Free Cities are an urban society, and thus better fitted to paying coin to mercenaries. As a result, the Free Cities and Slaver's Bay have a much more developed system and history of fielding professional mercenaries organized into independent companies for hire.

Wealth should be easier to generate in Essos so that we can afford these new sellswords. I don't know if it is possible but maybe enterprises in Essos could be more profitable? 

Snuff_The_Rooster said:
Snuff_The_Rooster said:
http://oi60.tinypic.com/2ltswsl.jpg

I'd reccomend a sea route between these two points for balance since Myr have been destroyed very quickly in all 3 games I've played once war is declared. It seems Myr's armies can't get to Myr fast enough as they have to go past the massive body of water to get there.

Hi Cozur. Any word or opinion on this? Myr don't stand a chance having to ride around the lake. A sea route or bridge would really help them!
At least in my games - Does anyone else experience this?

There is similar problem with the North. After Saltpans is taken the North will never go beyond the neck. Another scenario is that when the North still has Saltpans and you will do the Free Folk quest, the wildlings will pretty much take over the whole north without anyone resisting, because the marshall is in the Saltpans.

The Stormlands have a similar problem if Selwyn of Tarth is made marshal. The army is collected on his island and than kinda crawls slowly back to the continent, but it takes days if not weeks, so it never really seems to get anything done.

Also: The Reach infantry seems too weak, I now switched to being a soldier for the Reach and the army gets beaten every time, even with slightly superior numbers. It generally ends with me being surrounded by enemy soldiers because the Glaivemen seem to be completely outmatched by the Westerland infantry with 1h-weapons and shields.

Back
Top Bottom