SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I'll check it out.

In other news, loads of down voting happening these last couples of week because of people not being able to play on Macs.

http://imgur.com/uMEUfNc

If you haven't already voted, I encourage you to go to the moddb page and give a fair and well-thought through review.

Props on the Iron Bank stuff looking forward to see how that turned out. Is there any other info you can give us about the economy and what we might see in 1.4. Trading was pretty rough and basically profitless in 1.3.1.

What's your thoughts on player caravans, it was a popular feature in WFAS?

I think it would be cool to be able to build a lucrative trade empire with a Dornish character using caravans, or to build a chain of enterprises establishing a monopoly. The more of a certain type of enterprise you own the more valuable they become since you are effectively eliminating competition.

Anyways keep up the good work champ

Haven't done much work on economy, but lowered troop wages by about 15%.

For something entirely else, if you've been having problems with crashes, please try this file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9868qx88snbsr6y/music.rar

reiksmarshal said:
Props on the Iron Bank stuff looking forward to see how that turned out. Is there any other info you can give us about the economy and what we might see in 1.4. Trading was pretty rough and basically profitless in 1.3.1.

What's your thoughts on player caravans, it was a popular feature in WFAS?

I think it would be cool to be able to build a lucrative trade empire with a Dornish character using caravans, or to build a chain of enterprises establishing a monopoly. The more of a certain type of enterprise you own the more valuable they become since you are effectively eliminating competition.

Anyways keep up the good work champ

Yeah I think it would be AMAZING if eventually trading can be advanced high enough that you can actually make a trade char. A way to make a character that is focused on trade.

I also really like the monopoly idea.

After thinking about it, I think troop prices aren't really the problem. I think they could be even higher in fact, as it would be more realistic, if only there were more VIABLE ways to get money.

1. The easiest way is to make enterprises give more profit as Cozur initially mentioned.

2. Also more differentiation between prices in cities. That way you can actually buy iron in Lannisport and sell it somewhere else for a DECENT profit.

3. Maybe the iron bank in Braavos is special and you could borrow HUGE amounts of money from it. Then, it could be nice to start up taking a huge loan from Braavos and slowly pay it back, just like taking a loan in real life for something like college.

4. Expanding on #3, in order to be able to pay back the iron bank, there need to be more ways to spend your money to GET money. Maybe there could even be random events that have you invest money and sometimes they pay you back for nice profit and sometimes they fall through and you get nothing back.

5. Tournaments are a rare occurrence, so maybe ramp up the difficulty of them but increase the reward and DEFINITELY increase how much you can bet. Betting is a really fun feature and if tournaments are harder it can be nice deciding how much to bet. You don't wanna lose too much, but the msg saying you'll win 1300 is just SOOOO nice.

I might think of something else and comment that too, but I wonder if any of these can be implemented. Maybe these ideas are bad, im not that good with ideas, but it doesn't change the fact that trade should be ramped up as the idea of starting from nothing to becoming RICH in games is extremely attractive to a lot of players. This of course won't happen in 1.4 as it is a lot of work to completely overhaul trade on a scale mentioned in this post, but I think EVENTUALLY, bit by bit, it would be nice to have trade be a major factor in the mod.

Cozur said:
For something entirely else, if you've been having problems with crashes, please try this file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9868qx88snbsr6y/music.rar

Out of curiousity, what'd make the great GoT music crash the game more than Warbands cheesy "WOOO TRUMPETS CONSTANTLY!!!" music?

I was thinking,

When you bypass with Carver close to Thart Island (Evenfall Hall), he does prompt something like he knows the place...
Does that meant that he may be the Son of the Evenstar, Bienne's brother which drowned when he was 8, but wasn't found?

If that was the Idea then that was a great Idea.

Can we have more personality in our companions? Like some secondary characters from the books?

BioHyde said:
I was thinking,

When you bypass with Carver close to Thart Island (Evenfall Hall), he does prompt something like he knows the place...
Does that meant that he may be the Son of the Evenstar, Bienne's brother which drowned when he was 8, but wasn't found?

If that was the Idea then that was a great Idea.

Can we have more personality in our companions? Like some secondary characters from the books?

I havn't been playing recently but when I did I'd get that prompt between Estermont Island and Bloodstone on the waterway...maybe it's changed :/.

@Cozur, I was wondering if you might provide some more depth on the whole "weapon breaking" thing in 1.4

From what it sounds like, there will now be spears that break, along with lances?

Will this be something we can set to personal taste?

Lances weren't so flimsy they broke after a single charge, or at least not frequently (shoddy ones would of course), and spear shafts are/were pretty damned durable...

Just hoping that if I want to use a spear as a primary weapon choice I won't be screwed out of it because you've made them flimsy balsa wood or something..
Is the breaking system something similar to shield durability? Because that might be good. I would be okay with my my spear breaking if, say, I tried to block a war axe with it too many times or something. That'd make sense. If you do go this route, would you please give the Masterwork and Tempered flags hitpoints bonuses along the same lines as the reinforced and thick shields?

Just wanted to bring that up, for some of us spears aren't just "lance-lite" >.>

Any workarounds for when you reject the red merchant selling baelor the blessed's strand of hair resulting in -8 relationship with every village?

samula said:
Any workarounds for when you reject the red merchant selling baelor the blessed's strand of hair resulting in -8 relationship with every village?

Suppose you could always update to 1.31.

Stravask said:
@Cozur, I was wondering if you might provide some more depth on the whole "weapon breaking" thing in 1.4

From what it sounds like, there will now be spears that break, along with lances?

Lances weren't so flimsy they broke after a single charge, or at least not frequently (shoddy ones would of course), and spear shafts are/were pretty damned durable...

Just hoping that if I want to use a spear as a primary weapon choice I won't be screwed out of it because you've made them flimsy balsa wood or something..
Is the breaking system something similar to shield durability? Because that might be good. I would be okay with my my spear breaking if, say, I tried to block a war axe with it too many times or something. That'd make sense. If you do go this route, would you please give the Masterwork and Tempered flags hitpoints bonuses along the same lines as the reinforced and thick shields?

Just wanted to bring that up, for some of us spears aren't just "lance-lite" >.>

Spears are less likely to break than lances. Lances will "break" on impact every time. While it's true that lances wouldn't necessarily break upon impact in the real world, they often would. Even when they did not, they'd still be useless, because they'd be stuck in the body/shield of an opponent. So yeah, lances are a one time thing. You can always carry more than one, just like you can carry more than one spear.

Cozur said:
Stravask said:

Spears are less likely to break than lances. Lances will "break" on impact every time. While it's true that lances wouldn't necessarily break upon impact in the real world, they often would. Even when they did not, they'd still be useless, because they'd be stuck in the body/shield of an opponent. So yeah, lances are a one time thing. You can always carry more than one, just like you can carry more than one spear.

Okay, lances makes sense, but I'm worried about spears, specifically in a non-charging situation.
I think the big issue is "how much" less likely than lances. If spears become fragile enough that as an infantry unit you're unable to use a spear most/the whole battle, I'll be very disappointed.

Axes and maces can't block, and spears break now. While I think swords are cool and all, I'd really rather not feel locked into having to use a sword to be effective in more than fringe cases, as that's clearly not how warfare developed or nobody would've ever used anything but a sword.

Like I said, I think spears breaking is a cool idea, just keep in mind that they're a main weapon and not just a mini-lance. If they're not being used for couched cavalry rushes (because obviously that'd make them more fragile), please don't make them only usable for half a battle before they break, that'd suck. Either that, or make them so damned good that there'd be a point to bringing more than 1 besides "It's my favorite weapon but I need 2 to be on par with swords in a battle even though it does less damage"

I honestly didn't notice a difference, but my specs are pretty solid.

On the new war lance I'm hoping they are more or less the same length as the jousting lance. The last spear (200 length) that functioned as a lance was more of a light lance that light cav/outriders would carry. In 1257 I would usually carry 2 lances and a sword + shield, I could easily see that being a new trend  for knightly characters in ACOK. 
images

Back
Top Bottom