SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

BioHyde said:
BTW Cozur,
It was a cruel joke to put so much flat terrain in 1.31 (comparing to 1.2) and take out the lances.
Does anyone actually know how to add them back? I would appreciate any help.

The lances are still in 1.31, they're just called spears. I've added two new items to the merchants inventory in 1.4 - War Lance and Tourney Lance. Also made them break upon impact, so they're no longer super overpowered. Spears are likely to break upon impact/use as well, making Spearmen much more fun to play around with - still good for defense against cavalry, but not necessarily carrying spears in siege all the time.

BioHyde said:
Here is a question, can we have the Westerlands and Crownlads (The Iron Throne?) as two separate, but allied factions? That would give an option for Jorfrey to field the Kingsguard as lords with armies (I know, everyone is anxious to meet Ser Jaime Lannister and Sandor Clegane)

No. I'll put Jaime and Sandor in sometime, just haven't figured out how, yet.

BioHyde said:
I would also suggest that Volantis is to be given to Daenerys (with the Khalasar party invading), and Aegon in fact be renamed to Blackfyre at the moment of invasion (quite obvious that the banner which will rise over Storm's End in the next book will contain the black dragon)

There's absolutely no evidence for Aegon being a Blackfyre, it's just a fan theory. There's also no evidence, at all, that Daenerys will invade Volantis with a Khalasar in Winds of Winter, and even if she did, we'd still need a dragon or three for her, something it's not possible to introduce in Warband.

BioHyde said:
If to dream big, what would you want to see added to this mod?

Different tiers of lords, enabling overlords.

Stravask said:
1) Could someone explain to me what this major appeal for lances is about? I mean, I get people have favorite weapons and all, I really do, but everyone seems to be like "OMG lances back please", and there's 200 range spears.. Functionally, and to a degree aesthetically, aren't they basically the same thing? Not trying to downplay anyone's favorite weapon or anything, just genuinely trying to understand where the appeal comes from.

People often do seem to focus on one aspect of a modification, and then when others mention it, sort of let it go out of control. I'd point out the great "he removed buyable valyrian swords" debacle in 2012.

Stravask said:
2) For Cozur, any chance Loras Tyrell could be "cheated" into registering as female mechanically? So he could marry a dude and whatnot. Just wondering.

No. What.

Stravask said:
Two things,

1) Could someone explain to me what this major appeal for lances is about? I mean, I get people have favorite weapons and all, I really do, but everyone seems to be like "OMG lances back please", and there's 200 range spears.. Functionally, and to a degree aesthetically, aren't they basically the same thing? Not trying to downplay anyone's favorite weapon or anything, just genuinely trying to understand where the appeal comes from.

2) For Cozur, any chance Loras Tyrell could be "cheated" into registering as female mechanically? So he could marry a dude and whatnot. Just wondering.

1)
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=song+of+ice+and+fire+knight&tbm=isch&ei=XMLQU5GWH4O57Aah_oHgAQ

Seems to be no shortage of lances here.

2)
Gay marriage doesn't exist in Westeros.

Cozur said:
Different tiers of lords, enabling overlords.

Is this something you're bringing into play similar to that swear fealty mechanic you stated a while back?
Something about if someone captures King's Landing the Crownlands Lords go over to the new owner.
If so that's awesome!

Snuff_The_Rooster said:
1)
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=song+of+ice+and+fire+knight&tbm=isch&ei=XMLQU5GWH4O57Aah_oHgAQ

Stravasks point was, that while the spears are not named lances, but spears, they can still function as lances. As such, there's still the classical medieval war lance in 1.31, it's just called something else.

Do outlaw leaders always manage to escape after battle? This Polk guy at Stormlands always keep showing up after day or two, and it seems to be impossible to imprison him. These outlaws are killing my recruiters...

Cozur said:
BioHyde said:
Here is a question, can we have the Westerlands and Crownlads (The Iron Throne?) as two separate, but allied factions? That would give an option for Jorfrey to field the Kingsguard as lords with armies (I know, everyone is anxious to meet Ser Jaime Lannister and Sandor Clegane)

No. I'll put Jaime and Sandor in sometime, just haven't figured out how, yet.

BioHyde said:
I would also suggest that Volantis is to be given to Daenerys (with the Khalasar party invading), and Aegon in fact be renamed to Blackfyre at the moment of invasion (quite obvious that the banner which will rise over Storm's End in the next book will contain the black dragon)

There's absolutely no evidence for Aegon being a Blackfyre, it's just a fan theory. There's also no evidence, at all, that Daenerys will invade Volantis with a Khalasar in Winds of Winter, and even if she did, we'd still need a dragon or three for her, something it's not possible to introduce in Warband.

Could Sandor potentially be a wandering bandit? Like the ones that spring up with lairs.
If this is after he ditches King's Landing, it might be a pretty good way to have him in the world. If it's before, he could always be another lord in the Westerland's army.

As for Jaime, I read somewhere on here that you had him as a prisoner at the start of the game (or I thought I did) and he could be freed. What went wrong with that? Personally I think it was a pretty okay way to handle him..

As for Danaerys and her Dragons, to be perfectly honest with you I'd be more than willing to shirk off the dragons just to get her faction into the game.  If you really want to simulate something impossible in Warband, I could think of a way you might simulate a dragon.

1) take your already implemented wildfire and copy it
2) if possible, make it invisible when thrown (probably not). Make the fire red.
3) Give 3 to Danaerys each battle.
4) Play a dragon roar+flame sound when it lands
5) Tada, my troops just go owned by dragons

Not ideal, but if "I can't have Dragons in the game" is a major reason why you're not adding her as a faction, that would probably be more than good enough for anyone.

As for Daenarys invading Volantis..

1) Unless she plans on bypassing Essos entirely (unlikely IMO since she hates slavery so much), it's definitely near top of the list for prime invasion locations
2) Volantis is a pretty slave-y city. She wouldn't like that.

Just saying, I promise nobody is going to complain about slight semi-canonical assumptions if it means adding one of the most beloved characters in the lore into the game.

As always, thanks for all the work you put into this mod!

Kalew said:
Do outlaw leaders always manage to escape after battle? This Polk guy at Stormlands always keep showing up after day or two, and it seems to be impossible to imprison him. These outlaws are killing my recruiters...

You can't capture them. But if you clear their bandit lair and then clear out all the roaming bands, they go away until an new lair spawns.

Should never have mentioned Daenerys and her ****ing dragons.

The engine does not support dragons, and I'd rather leave her, and them, out completely, than do some half-assed fire prop and play a dragon roar.

Cozur said:
reiksmarshal said:
What I do if I have a bow, I kill my own troops with head shots so I can reach the other ship. From there I'm able to clear off the enemy archers from the deck, if they go unchecked they will do some serious damage to your army. For ship battles I always bring 2 quivers of arrows which is usually enough to do the job or just scavenge the dead for some extra arrows.

Should probably increase the morale reduction from killing your own troops then.

Nah, just place a big barrel on the first ship where you can persevere  :mrgreen:

Cozur said:
Should never have mentioned Daenerys and her ******** dragons.

The engine does not support dragons, and I'd rather leave her, and them, out completely, than do some half-assed fire prop and play a dragon roar.

Thank God.

Stravask said:
Just saying, I promise nobody is going to complain about slight semi-canonical assumptions if it means adding one of the most beloved characters in the lore into the game.

Never understood the love for Dany, she's so dull and her Dance with Dragons chapters are nearly completely skippable.

However your idea last page about widening the sea battle boarding planks is something that really needs looked at. Because the sea battles are so God awful I find myself skipping them entirely.

Cozur said:
Snuff_The_Rooster said:
1)

Stravasks point was, that while the spears are not named lances, but spears, they can still function as lances. As such, there's still the classical medieval war lance in 1.31, it's just called something else.

Are the lance models still in the game though? If they are I can't find any of them!
I'm just curious why make the change anyway? Why bother to change the name to spears? (And as far as I can tell remove the lance models)

Snuff_The_Rooster said:
Are the lance models still in the game though? If they are I can't find any of them!
I'm just curious why make the change anyway? Why bother to change the name to spears? (And as far as I can tell remove the lance models)

I didn't like the lance models in the game, too tourney like. Medieval lances, when used in war, where generally just large pikes.

Also, I wanted to make lances less overpowered, by having them break on impact, but couldn't figure out how to do it. I've done that now, and there's two new lances in 1.4 that will still be couchable, but will break on impact.

Cozur said:
Snuff_The_Rooster said:

I didn't like the lance models in the game, too tourney like. Medieval lances, when used in war, where generally just large pikes.

Also, I wanted to make lances less overpowered, by having them break on impact, but couldn't figure out how to do it. I've done that now, and there's two new lances in 1.4 that will still be couchable, but will break on impact.

Hopefully they're re-usable though? Maybe? o_O

Would really suck having to find a new lance every time you used it XD

Cozur said:
Snuff_The_Rooster said:

Will they be like shields, in that they replenish after every fight?

Cozur said:
Snuff_The_Rooster said:

Perfectly reasonable response, cheers for clarifying for me. Looking forward to 1.4.

Stravask said:
Hopefully they're re-usable though? Maybe? o_O

Would really suck having to find a new lance every time you used it XD

The medieval mod ano 12 something or other had them replenish I think so hopefully. They are expensive after all!

Snuff_The_Rooster said:
Never understood the love for Dany, she's so dull and her Dance with Dragons chapters are nearly completely skippable.

I'd agree, she's definitely not one of my favorite characters either, I was just pointing out she's definitely in the top few that the overwhelming majority of people seem to like, right up there with Tyrion.

Cozur said:

Hi,
in 1257 AD are that breakable lances/spears implemented. Maybe it can be an option for ACOK as well. It works fine in 1257 I would say and there are plenty pickable spears/lances laying on the groud due battles so no worries with weapon resources :smile:

And whats about to avoid this never ending discussion about spear-lances differencies with renaming the longer types of spears to lances (up to 165 length spears and 165 and longer ones be lances for example ) ? It brings a better overview in shops too.

Stravask said:
Snuff_The_Rooster said:

I'd agree, she's definitely not one of my favorite characters either, I was just pointing out she's definitely in the top few that the overwhelming majority of people seem to like, right up there with Tyrion.

Eddard Stark
Catelyn Stark
Tyrion Lannister
Jon Snow
Sansa Stark
Davos Seaworth
Jaime Lannister
Cersei Lannister

Best POV characters are the best.

I'm confused about this lance stuff, I'm running the latest version and I still have a Balanced Great Lance, as well as them still dropping as loot from (usually) Reach armies? did my game break or something?

Snuff_The_Rooster said:
Stravask said:
Snuff_The_Rooster said:

Eddard Stark
Catelyn Stark
Tyrion Lannister
Jon Snow
Sansa Stark
Davos Seaworth
Jaime Lannister
Cersei Lannister

Best POV characters are the best.

Eww... Catelyn and Sansa..
They annoy the crap out of me like no other, I swear.

Cersei's almost 1-dimensionally spiteful and nasty, so she doesn't count lol

Just wondering if you might be willing to share troop tree info a little bit with us Cozur?

Since you've totally overhauled them and all.

Also, whatcha working on now that that's done? Just curious

Back
Top Bottom