SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Cozur said:
ThaneWulfgharn said:
That's rude. And your troop trees are illogical for should focus more on the strategic aspects of the battles.

Don't you have a new project to start and then immediatly abandon, Thane?

Don't avoid the main topic !

It's most ignorant to refute all suggestions given by people.

You can at least try to explain why you don't improve this (or any other) aspect of the mod.

Pachyderm :grin: I guess he started to look for more unique insults :grin:

Only suggestion I can make about rosters is household troops, I don't like the sight of core of westerland troopers wearing those samurai armors, it would be better if they were worn by some kind of Lannister Household Guards,  if there were high tier household troops unique to regions and certain houses I think it would be better.

Edit: Come to think of it, we could design our own household troops as well, with a similar system to Unsullied, would be cool.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Don't avoid the main topic !

It's most ignorant to refute all suggestions given by people.

You can at least try to explain why you don't improve this (or any other) aspect of the mod.

It wasn't a suggestion. He complained about an issue he caused himself, by clicking mindlessly on "upgrade".

Now go away, Thane. Start a new project, and abandon it an hour later - you know, your usual procedure.

Inanch-Bilge said:
Pachyderm :grin: I guess he started to look for more unique insults :grin:

a87c852995e2310bf7416a7e3d64ec28fcb9ccb2a3da03a4a09fa93021d6fc6e.jpg

Rude peoples are rather common on the M&B forums, they can find some courage well hidden behind a nickname and a screen, in real life they would be much nicer i am sure..
Btw when you are rude for no real reason you are indeed an ass and an obvious ****.
Still no hard feelings Cozur is a good moder still.

Drakken said:
Rude peoples are rather common on the M&B forums, they can find some courage well hidden behind a nickname and a screen, in real life they would be much nicer i am sure..
Btw when you are rude for no real reason you are indeed an ass and an obvious ****.
Still no hard feelings Cozur is a good moder still.

This is more or less the gist of it. I like to think - falsely most likely - that he just enjoys being purposefully prickly. Thinking of it this way allows me to respond in the same way, and render the situation into an enjoyable farce rather than a serious confrontation.

Because we all know how serious business internet forum arguments are.

Regards,
Your Uncle

Ehmm.. I dont want to interrupt your extremely serious conversation but I'd also be kinda pissed. This topic is almost on its 690th page and so so many stupid questions/complaints have been posted that Cozur just got enough of it. You guys try answering each and every question and implement a new feature for every complaint, should he put an "Are you sure you want to upgrade "troop" to "next tier troop"?"!? And explaining why NOT adding a featire is also a waste of time and you cant expect ONE person to do everything. A new subforum would make it all simpler and more organised for people looking for info, but its not possible due to copyright blablabla.
So before anyone complains about Cozur"being rude" think who is doing all the work

Xzayler said:
So before anyone complains about Cozur"being rude" think who is doing all the work

Completely besides the point. It doesn't entitle him or anyone else to be rude and insulting to people they dont know, on the internet or otherwise. If you can find the time to call someone a goat, pachyderm or whatever then you have the time to answer the same question again. Otherwise just ignore them.

iC1 said:
Completely besides the point. It doesn't entitle him or anyone else to be rude and insulting to people they dont know, on the internet or otherwise. If you can find the time to call someone a goat, pachyderm or whatever then you have the time to answer the same question again. Otherwise just ignore them.

But that's so much less entertaining! Anyways, after having read even a quarter of the posts, I'm inclined to give Cozur a fair reign... If I' d been him, I would be reenacting American Psycho by now...

Aragorn said:
So Ive been playing this mod for a while now and really enjoy it. However its really straining my PC. I cant have battles with more than 50 people without some serious FPS lag. Ill be looking away from the battle and get 60 FPS and then in the thick of the battle I get 15FPS..

I play on 70% Graphics with polished landscapes. Anti alaising turned off, Vsync turned off. I just dont get it...

I have a decent PC which runs Bryntewalda just fine with 200+ combatants, so what is it about this mod thats causing these frame rates...

8GB RAM
GTX660 2GB GDDR5
Quad Core I5 Processor
SSD Hard Drive

Any ideas?

Try unchecking "force single thread" or something similar to that in the settings box.  That did it for me.

I don't think this question has been addressed, so I'm rebumping it:

So I have a question. Does this mod have the same issue as other GoT mods (it may be a Warband engine limitation) where capturing supposedly strategic locations has 0 value?

For example, The Vale is supposed to be impregnable because no invaders have ever gotten past the Bloody Gate. However, in the M&B world map, your unit can just walk through castles, villages, etc, without triggering combat. This makes owning choke points such as the Bloody Gate, Moat Caitlin, The Twins, etc, completely pointless, and is fairly lore-breaking. (Friends and foes of the Freys alike, freely using the river crossing?)

Edit: After playing I've discovered it is in fact present, but the question remains; can anything be done to fix it?

Also, another issue I've been running into. While enlisted as a solider in another Lord's army, I often find myself in battles either defending, or attacking a baggage train/camp. Regardless of who is on the offensive, the second the camp gets "overrun" (a combatant reaches the storage area), items and gold from MY personal inventory will be destroyed.

Scenario: Join Tywin Lannister's Army, TL's Army engages with Rob Stark's Army ---> My food/gear/gold gets destroyed (even though TL's Army wins).

Is this an intended mechanic, or is it something that's a work in process? (Also have another scenario where instead of battles ending when all enemy forces are killed/routed, the message Reinforcements Have Arrived keeps coming up and spawning more reinforcements until the game eventually crashes from too many units on the field.

To clarify, both of the above scenarios have been experienced only while serving in another Lord's Army, not while commanding my own forces.

Thanks for the help, great Mod, and keep up the good work.

Cozur said:
Now go away, Thane. Start a new project, and abandon it an hour later - you know, your usual procedure.

Well, hes actually been helping me on my project. I see no need for your insults.

I actually heard Cozur you work in a supermarket stacking shelves. Its no wonder you come on here shouting insults at people trying to improve your social standing. It must be hard being at the bottom of the food chain in the 'real world'. :smile:

Cozur said:

produno said:
I actually heard Cozur you work in a supermarket stacking shelves. Its no wonder you come on here shouting insults at people trying to improve your social standing. It must be hard being at the bottom of the food chain in the 'real world'. :smile:

You guys are both acting like dicks. This thread is about the development of and discussions regarding a mod - let's just stick to that and keep the RL insults out. Neither of you is doing yourself any favours otherwise.

dynamike said:
You guys are both acting like dicks. This thread is about the development of and discussions regarding a mod - let's just stick to that and keep the RL insults out. Neither of you is doing yourself any favours otherwise.

Nice contradiction. You cant tell someone to stop insulting others right after you've just insulted them yourself...

But yes, this thread is meant to be about the development of a mod, i apologise and will now leave  :smile:

iC1 said:
Xzayler said:

Totally agreed.

I've followed this project since like page 15, which has been a longgg time but that's the biggest thing that has always bothered me. Most mod devs or groups are more than alright with answering questions and are the nicest, most informative people there to encourage others to play the mod and enjoy it.

That's not the case here. Some of the best mods out there, they have folks who work to build community and encourage the playerbase to take hold.

When you're a king, can you enter an infinite alliance like between Riverlands and North?
And also, is it possible at all to make it so a king of a faction joins the player faction, dragging all its vassals and lands with it? This way you could simulate a kind of Aegon the conqueror scenario where you unite westeros and make the kings bow to you as your vassals.

dagg929 said:
iC1 said:
Xzayler said:

Totally agreed.

I've followed this project since like page 15, which has been a longgg time but that's the biggest thing that has always bothered me. Most mod devs or groups are more than alright with answering questions and are the nicest, most informative people there to encourage others to play the mod and enjoy it.

That's not the case here. Some of the best mods out there, they have folks who work to build community and encourage the playerbase to take hold.

Ok fine then dont read the parts you dont wanna see. I still think theres a lot of repetitive complaints here and some very pointless ones. And its kind of weird complaining about Cozur calling people a goat etc. And then teasing him about working at a supermarketand being at the bottom of the social ladder. (Even though I dont see why a job like that would automatically put you in a low rank)

Back
Top Bottom