SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Drakken said:
@Tulum, i started over a new game yesterday and Tyrion was not in the inn (kingslanding) like my previous game so the NPCs are certainly following a time line.

That i did not notice, for example Tirion is at his place over a 1,5 years now, but will check him as well next time.

[/quote]
you should be able to capture kings landing and gift it to tywin or anyone else in the westerland which will get you in their good books and cersi and joffery should come back to kingslanding
[/quote]

You can capture it and give it back to Tywin if you capture it and then swear fealty to him/Westerlands. You just have to use the "My lord I wish to give up a fief you gave me." Option. (Even though he didn't really give it to you.) The only drawback I think is that I believe it will make him think more lowly of you rather than be all like "thanks for the big city dude you're awsome!"

So Ive been playing this mod for a while now and really enjoy it. However its really straining my PC. I cant have battles with more than 50 people without some serious FPS lag. Ill be looking away from the battle and get 60 FPS and then in the thick of the battle I get 15FPS..

I play on 70% Graphics with polished landscapes. Anti alaising turned off, Vsync turned off. I just dont get it...

I have a decent PC which runs Bryntewalda just fine with 200+ combatants, so what is it about this mod thats causing these frame rates...

8GB RAM
GTX660 2GB GDDR5
Quad Core I5 Processor
SSD Hard Drive

Any ideas?

I really dont know whats up with everyone getting performance issues with good hardware. I am playing on a 2g ram and 256 Mb video ram LAPTOP! And I have battle size 100 with raggdolls and corpses and blood and everything turned on. Idk the exact fps but there are no lag spikes and I can fight just fine, I have time to block and everything.
Everyone try to tick the "load textures on demand" box and if you get video errors whixch dont let you start the game or cause a crash, use directX7 instead of directX9 this might even fix some lag issues.
Just mess with settings and you'll find the optimal configuration. If not... well then maybe you might need to clean up your computer? Do you have a reasonable amount of free memory? Im not an expert or anything, just sharing what helped me.

Btw: so is sansa in the game or not now? Bcause then Ill go north and do the quests there. And also, when I defeat Aegon Bloodborn the outlaw from the quest from the elder brother, I can take him prisoner, what is the difference? Can I ransom him? And if I let him go will he come back and attack him as he said he would?

I bought a SSD hard drive just for mount and blade. Its literally the only thing on there. I have no idea why its running this slow. I have load textures on demand turned on.

Hey, I have a problem.

I have been having a lot of fun with this mod so far except I am not a fan of the random events... I was wondering if the consequences for some of them (Losing 1 strength or losing 1 agility) ever revert back to their original stat or is it permanent?

Thanks!

So I have a question. Does this mod have the same issue as other GoT mods (it may be a Warband engine limitation) where capturing supposedly strategic locations has 0 value?

For example, The Vale is supposed to be impregnable because no invaders have ever gotten past the Bloody Gate. However, in the M&B world map, your unit can just walk through castles, villages, etc, without triggering combat. This makes owning choke points such as the Bloody Gate, Moat Caitlin, The Twins, etc, completely pointless, and is fairly lore-breaking. (Friends and foes of the Freys alike, freely using the river crossing?)

Is this an issue that persists in this mod, and more importantly, if it does, can anything be done to fix it?

Only thing that annoys me about the mod now is that it's kinda hard to maintain strength. The question where you choose between a septon, wise woman, or maester comes up way too often and there is no answer that doesn't remove at least 1 strength. -_-. So you have to keep wasting points into strength when you could be putting them in charisma.

o0LuNeStA0o said:
Only thing that annoys me about the mod now is that it's kinda hard to maintain strength. The question where you choose between a septon, wise woman, or maester comes up way too often and there is no answer that doesn't remove at least 1 strength. -_-. So you have to keep wasting points into strength when you could be putting them in charisma.

This.

That random event came up twice for me in the space of nearly 15 mins. I haven't ragequit a game since Super Castlevania IV and i'll be damned if I let this ruin it for me  :mad:

I know I asked this mutilple times.. But where do you find the textures for this?! All I see are black objects and overlays of shields and random things!

iC1 said:
o0LuNeStA0o said:

This.

That random event came up twice for me in the space of nearly 15 mins. I haven't ragequit a game since Super Castlevania IV and i'll be damned if I let this ruin it for me  :mad:

I mean I wouldn't mind it if there was an answer that didn't affect your strength at all. But when the majority of the best armour requires 14 strength it get ridiculous.

Aragorn said:
So Ive been playing this mod for a while now and really enjoy it. However its really straining my PC. I cant have battles with more than 50 people without some serious FPS lag. Ill be looking away from the battle and get 60 FPS and then in the thick of the battle I get 15FPS..

I play on 70% Graphics with polished landscapes. Anti alaising turned off, Vsync turned off. I just dont get it...

I have a decent PC which runs Bryntewalda just fine with 200+ combatants, so what is it about this mod thats causing these frame rates...

8GB RAM
GTX660 2GB GDDR5
Quad Core I5 Processor
SSD Hard Drive

Any ideas?

It's probably the polished landscapes.

Any idea how to remove it? I dont remember installing it except as a part of the Brytenwalda package. Does that mean its activated for all the mods? Could it maybe be the enhanced textures in this mod?

Thanks,

Weird things and bugs happening in my game.

1/
During a siege, i am defending, 300 Vs 1500
Everything want well but for a reason after several waves on enemies my infantry started to mover forward without any order, i had to spam F1 "hold your position."

This is happening in Dreadford against Mace and his friends, the first order i give is to move back to the small fort right behind you and i asking my bowmen to cover a flank, above the stair and my infantry to hold the stair. but sometimes the infantry is breaking it's formation to move forward..

2/
During huge defensive sieges like this the reward in renow is very low, 2 to 3 !!!
Not much for 500 enemies killed  :wink:

3/ for now i have no faction, i am just myself and my group of soldiers, i am still helping the north but indirectly so after the nightwatch questline i declared war (by threatening mace himself(i ran away right after^^))
I am hunting down Mace and his leaders, i am defending North forts but for a reason
both the Vale and then the Lannister became red to me. how is it possible as a neutral with no faction?

And something i dislike ALOT^^
When your troops can be upgraded from infantry to cavalry sometimes i just upgrade without watching and my good infantry is mounted on horses..
<---- Infantry fan, not horses for me!  :razz:

Drakken said:
When your troops can be upgraded from infantry to cavalry sometimes i just upgrade without watching and my good infantry is mounted on horses..

Then watch what you're doing, you pachyderm.

Cozur said:
Drakken said:

Then watch what you're doing, you pachyderm.
That's rude. And your troop trees are illogical for should focus more on the strategic aspects of the battles.

Back
Top Bottom