SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Was wondering, when creating your own kingdom do you get your own custom units when recruiting or is it just the troops you would recruit originally from the village/town?

Rpground said:
Was wondering, when creating your own kingdom do you get your own custom units when recruiting or is it just the troops you would recruit originally from the village/town?

Recruiting from villages you get levies based on whatever faction owned it at the start of the game. Recruitng from your castles gets you "custom" troops in a sense. They are all just "unamed" troops. I.E. "Heavy Knight", "Veteran Longbowman", "Knight", "Elite Man at Arms". Boring name(s) but some of them are pretty good units, especially the Elite Longbowman. (All plate armor)

I'd like the option to execute captive lords.. at the option of massive -Honor and the possibilty of some of your men deserting you. To keep it balanced enemy lords should then be a little harder to capture, and keep captive.

Unrelated, but has anyone managed to persuade their king to declare war on another faction? If so, which reason(s) did you give? I've had no luck with it so far, regardless of standing and relation and the reasons I gave.. I'm starting to wonder if its possible at all unless you become king yourself. If not then there isn't much reason to join the Vale..

iC1 said:
I'd like the option to execute captive lords.. at the option of massive -Honor and the possibilty of some of your men deserting you. To keep it balanced enemy lords should then be a little harder to capture, and keep captive.

Unrelated, but has anyone managed to persuade their king to declare war on another faction? If so, which reason(s) did you give? I've had no luck with it so far, regardless of standing and relation and the reasons I gave.. I'm starting to wonder if its possible at all unless you become king yourself. If not then there isn't much reason to join the Vale..

Might require a high persuasion skill to pull off as well.

iC1 said:

we had a discusion abput excecuting lords you would either have to make it near impossible to capture then or have a way to repopulate eg lords and ladies who have children who grow up into vasals very quickly  as for trying to convince the vale to
go to  war i tryed to convince nestor royce bit had no luck so you can either take one of the lords quest to attack a faction and start a war or just attack another faction this will make you loose relatio. with nestor royce bbut you can just send him some gifts or do some quests for him to cheer him up

Thanks for the quick responses. Good to know its possible at least.. Hadnt considered my persuasion score, d'oh  :???:

I managed to break my game through pissing around with a few files so I've downloaded it again will my save still work (I'm on day 600 :'/)

i got a village and desided to take that guy that take care of all the finance stuff ..so i went into the village and there he was..standing naked near my village elder...

is that someting the creators of this fine mod gona fix?
the last name of the naked dude is haram if i remember correctly..

Tulum said:
Could anyone tell me that where is Cersei and Joffrey when King's Landing had taken from the Lannistrs?
as far as im aware they just dissapear untill kings landing falls into the hands of the e
westerlands again

chunder_bot said:
Tulum said:
Could anyone tell me that where is Cersei and Joffrey when King's Landing had taken from the Lannistrs?
as far as im aware they just dissapear untill kings landing falls into the hands of the e
westerlands again

thank you, i'll keep an eye on the events than!

Tulum said:
chunder_bot said:
Tulum said:
westerlands again

thank you, i'll keep an eye on the events than!
you should be able to capture kings landing and gift it to tywin or anyone else in the westerland which will get you in their good books and cersi and joffery should come back to kingslanding

@Tulum, i started over a new game yesterday and Tyrion was not in the inn (kingslanding) like my previous game so the NPCs are certainly following a time line.

I am crashing to desktop eachtime i am moving toward an NPC (always the same) in Volantis.
I tried twices and crashed twices, if i stay away from him i don't crash, don't tell me who he is since i can't see his name ^^ but he is alone and along a big door if you look toward the ocean he is on the left side.

I realise the M&B engine has its limitations so some of these wont be possible.. but here's a few suggestions so far.. In no particular order.
  • Sleeping with  a lady of the night could replenish your health.
  • The random events penalties need to be less severe, maybe temporary, or failing that give each one an 'ignore' option.
  • Talking to Maesters in castles or courts could replenish your health.
  • Ability to garrison captive lords in castles that are not yours, in exchange for a small sum of gold.
  • When turning in a quest with full inventory, give a dialogue warning you to free up some space for the reward, as opposed to losing it completely.
  • When you 'suggest a course of action..' have the option to persuade your king to make peace with another faction.
  • Speed up some of the two-handers, just a little. Swords shouldn't be as slow as sledgehammers and mauls etc.
  • Maybe have some of the nice armours from the debug lists available from merchants.
  • Crannogmen around the neck could be a little less numerous & aggressive.. They are described as reclusive, sometimes cowardly..
  • Maybe a little more variation in weapons if possible.
  • Warhammers..?  :razz:

Some weird suggestions, like the first one ^^
But i agree about weapons, more would be nice, especially melee weapons.

iC1 said:
Speed up some of the two-handers, just a little. Swords shouldn't be as slow as sledgehammers and mauls etc.

In the previous page I wrote how I managed to speed up my War Cleaver. Its not very hard. Just mess arou d with numbers. Its the item_kinds1.txt file

Back
Top Bottom