SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I would just like to give my thoughts on the Mod so far as of update 1.2

Leaps and bouns over when i last played it pre 1.0, im so glad you  decided to input the Nights Watch. I remember not so long ago you flat out said no because you couldnt see how to implement them etc. Well Bravo sir, i absolutely loved the questline with the NW. Had such a fan boy moment! Im a little disappointed that they have seemingly disappeared from the map now the quests are all done but hey, im just glad they are there. Am i missing more?

The Lore and characters are all top notch, i find myself for the time ever in any Mount and Blade mod actually reading what every NPC says to me. The unique sets (Eg the iron throne, Kings landing blah blah) are brilliant. What you have managed to do with the game engine is pretty impressive friend.

Loving this Mod to the yingers right now.

Now if i may point out some of the issues ive been having.

• The little Raider bands that are all over the map must have broken AI or something because i have a bigger army and elite troops and yet they are still chasing me. Obviously they are smaller and therefore faster so im constantly fighting little skirmishes. I cant Auto resolve as i take loads of little casualties and sometimes even lose! lol
  • When rescuing lords from Jail as soon as i exit the dungeon with the rescuee i am bombarding with red script fail texts that on the most part dont seem to effect me but sometimes ill just thrown in jail without a fight. Im guessing the two are connected?
  • I agree with some of the earlier posts about swords being nerfed? The swing dmg value is appalling on pretty much all of them and are all best used as thrusting piercing weapons as of now? Its better to use a mace all the time untill you find a Mega sword like the one at the end of gthe NW Quest line. (Brilliant BTW).
  • I agree with some of the earlier posts about swords being nerfed? The swing dmg value is appalling on pretty much all of them and are all best used as thrusting piercing weapons as of now? Its better to use a mace all the time untill you find a Mega sword like the one at the end of gthe NW Quest line. (Brilliant BTW).
  • Im not sure if its scripting or a problem or whether its just supposed to happen but as the Events (Iron Born invading, Free Peoples etc) start racking up the north is starting hang out big time. I know they get smashed in the story but for my game its getting pretty tough for the Starks.

So yeah as i said wow just.... wow. really good job mate. hope your proud and stuff.

One more thing, why isnt this Mod on the Child Boards in the TW forums? rather than being one UBER SUBJECT. Where finding what your after is a nightmare the mod can be broken down into topics. Any way to get it moved up there? This has to be one of if not the most popular mod now. Any Forum Admin can do this for us?

Wow what an essay sorry about that. Hope this helps.

KidStein said:
Cozur said:
AxeHeadSlam said:
Is there some kind of trigger to the Targaryen invasion? I've started a new game 3 times now, one is at day 450, another at 550 and the third one is at day 700, and the Targaryens haven't showed up in any of them.
The average post on the internet mentions some day between 150 and 350, so I'm a bit confused now, did Aegon get removed or am I just very unlucky? :razz:

Love the mod btw, the whole thing is just amazing!

Visit Illyrios Manse.

Huh? I've done Illyrio's Manse... It just starts the Daenery's questline. It didn't trigger anything other than what it's supposed to trigger for her quest.

After finishing the first quest from Illyrio, visit him again to get a second quest, and a third after that.
Completing the third quest is the trigger for House Targaryen to invade.

We've started a ACOK wikia, you can google it and check it out if you need questguides and such.

Is it just me, or is making money by building productive enterprises a lot harder now? Whenever I try to build an enterprise, it estimates my profits to be either no more than a 100 , or (more often) it will even be a net loss! Also, despite quite a few points in looting, I hardly seem to be getting any loot at all, and what I do get is cheap, low-quality stuff, regardless of the quality or numbers of the party I just fought with. My Westerlands guy gets by just fine by capturing and selling enemy lords (there's just so many of them :p ) but my as yet unaffiliated character is having a right hard time keeping his cashflow going the right direction! To make matters worse, I've been extremely unlucky with tournaments. Not losing them, mind you, it just seems that whenever I'm looking for a tournament, they're across the entire continent! If I didn't know better, I'd think that they purposely organised the tournaments wherever I can't get in time! :p

On an unrelated note, I've just been trying some of the quests, and so far I'm really liking the addition of them! Especially when I first visited
Meereen and met Daenerys, the music that started playing was extremely awesome. Incidentally, anyone know where to find that track? :p
I can't wait to try out all the other quests. :smile: The storytelling is very good, and very much in keeping with the style of the books. Pretty great. :smile:

Hey all. For anyone who has personal problems with the weapons (wants higher speed, more damage etc.) Its very easy to edit in the txt file. All I did was go to the Acok1.2 module, opened item_kinds1.txt, searched for "Cleaver" bacause I wanted to edit the cleaver's speed. Then I just edited the number 60 (because its original speed was 60) to 100 and when I loaded my save I had a war cleaver with 100 speed. Btw the names of the weapons have an underscore where there would be a space. For example War cleaver would be War_Cleaver. And Arming swords would be Arming_Sword.
I dont exactly know which numbers to edit but just guess around and keep a backup.

Oh and in 1.11 when I talked to Sansa it said something like (Epic quest including Sansa and Tyrion in 1.2)
Well I did Tyrion's quest and it wasn't exactly very long and I cant find Sansa anywhere. Just curious if the quest has been implemented or not

Love the mod, great work Cozur.

Now...a weird thing happened just now when I was playing the mod. I am a lord of the Stormlands and wander over to Renly whilst he is on campaign, I ask if he has any jobs available and well...He wanted me to go rescue his...brother...King Stannis Baratheon from the Westerlands. This, as you can imagine is quite a weird outlier, you would think Renly would want Stannis to remain cooped up, well in lore at least. The underlying task generation code (or whatever it is that handles that) probably doesn't have an exception for that situation.

I would post a screenshot, however I have not been a registered user on this forum long enough.

Keep up the great work!

Hi all, i'm a bit new here, so if i ask abaut something obvious, pls forgive me.
I'm playing this mod with the latest patch (1.2) and as i saw in the /notes/characters (in game) Cersei, and other major characters are not in the game (for example at tywin the game says that he has only a brother and a sister-in-law).
Am i wrong in this and missed something, or ...what? :smile:

The probleme with the raiders is more beacuse they are not helping each other, they still react as a group but only one will join the fight.

****SPOILER ****

The night watch quests line and the one before about the wraith are really really outstanding, and well ballanced, well to tell you the truth not really, the wraith on the battle field wiped the floor with my group a group of 100 solid warriors, so i killed them with the quick fight and this time i wiped the floor with the wraiths.
Oh and "Dark Sister" was a nice reward !
Well done because i was really caught by the story.

Tulum said:
Hi all, i'm a bit new here, so if i ask abaut something obvious, pls forgive me.
I'm playing this mod with the latest patch (1.2) and as i saw in the /notes/characters (in game) Cersei, and other major characters are not in the game (for example at tywin the game says that he has only a brother and a sister-in-law).

Tyrion & Cercei are in the game but as NPCs not vassales.
Cercei can be found in Kingslanding, Tyrion is in the most appropriate place for Tyrion ^^
Jaime is still missing.

Drakken said:
Tulum said:

Tyrion & Cercei are in the game but as NPCs not vassales.
Cercei can be found in Kingslanding, Tyrion is in the most appropriate place for Tyrion ^^
Jaime is still missing.

Thank you very much!

iC1 said:
krisvk said:
Yeah I don't know why the Vale doesn't use the sigil of house Arryn, if I remember correctly it is a white moon and falcon on a sky-blue field. And Nestor Royce's current Eagle banner also seems a bit misplaced I think he should have either the Royce banner or the Royce of the gates of the moon banner.

I actually prefer the Arryn sigil Cozur has used. It's more traditional and keeps to the feel of the books for me. Glad he didn't use the show's Bolton sigil either.. Either way I knocked these up quick for anyone that wants to use them. Could do better with more time, might have another go tomorrow.

For the banner (on the world map, shields and heraldic armor etc)
Find the file called min_fla_banners_lords_khergit.dds in the textures folder and paste the following banner over the top, and save.

pflvqgn.png

For the faction flag (behind the character when you look them up in the menu etc)
Find the file called min_gui_pic_arms_nord.dds in the same textures folder and paste the following flag over the top like before, and save.

KwhMewl.png

When saving make sure to use the highest quality.. If using Paint.net then be sure to check the 'super sampling' box before saving, and as always be sure to backup the original .dds files in case anything goes tits up.

If anyone needs any more info let me know, i'll be happy to help.

edit: This is what I use for Dragonstone in my game, as a darker altermative:

PDagdUk.png
Awesome, that one looks much better than the boring nativeish one that is currently used.

krisvk said:
Awesome, that one looks much better than the boring nativeish one that is currently used.

Like I said, I prefer the native Arryn banner. There are a few i've changed however, including Dragonstone, Martell, Dayne and Bolton.. A lot of people have their own idea of how these things should look. Seem to be spending more time messing around with banners now than I do actually playing.. I can't replicate the cool-looking scuff marks on Cozur's banners though, mine just look a bit grubby..  :mad:

Hi guys , I added this mod to my game yesterday and i have some problem it cause my game to crash (Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library error or Not enough video memory)or sometimes freeze game when i fight. I really want to play this mod any suggestions how i could solve this problems?

Hey I was wondering this but how do I get the textures for V1.2 cause I am getting so many Texture errors it ain't even funny, I would also like assistance on how to add the textures as well.

I really hope that you will change the negative events for 1.3 . I like to play ironman, but that option has been eliminated since even the correct answer gets me a -1 to strength. If I were playing ironman on my current game, I would have a strength of zero by now. Exporting/importing isn't an option, as you lose all of your rep/honor/rtr. Would you be willing to let us know if there is a line of code that can be deleted to eliminate this in the meantime? This is my favorite mod, but I find ironman to be a much more challenging and immersive  way to play the game. I wouldn't mind temporary negative effects, but the permanent effects have broken ironman for me. Thanks.

Hi ... 2 questions

Someone else have lost some of his items if they are saved in the armory?

Do you know how  could I change my kingdom policies?

Thanks

ignasigh said:
Hi ... 2 questions

Someone else have lost some of his items if they are saved in the armory?

Do you know how  could I change my kingdom policies?

Thanks

I know that if you put them in your household possessions in a village, your minister will equip them. Maybe something similar can happen with the armory? Don't think it's ever happened to me. You can't change policies until you have taken a town and been assigned a chancellor (I usually assign my wife). Then you talk to him/her to make changes. You can make one change every 35 days, so you can't make sweeping reforms, just small incremental changes. Floris wiki explains how these changes effect things http://floris.wikia.com/wiki/Domestic_Policy. I find it best to wait to take on any vassals until you have made adjustments to your policies so that you are gaining favor with them every month. Otherwise they are going to get way into the negative and start defecting before you can change your policies to something more pleasing to them. Hope that helps.

iC1 said:
krisvk said:

Like I said, I prefer the native Arryn banner. There are a few i've changed however, including Dragonstone, Martell, Dayne and Bolton.. A lot of people have their own idea of how these things should look. Seem to be spending more time messing around with banners now than I do actually playing.. I can't replicate the cool-looking scuff marks on Cozur's banners though, mine just look a bit grubby..  :mad:

Wow I also use paint net to change stuff, funny someone else spends alot of time on dds files like I do

stabeth said:
ok so I just finished the princess and the queen quest. I bought the saffron spice as suggested and huzzah its worth 24000 coins at the market. Question is, no one in the world has the cash to give me my moneys worth, and i really need it since I'm broke after the quest. Ive tried upping the merchant cash in TweakMB but it doesnt work with this mod. Is there a file where you can edit it somewhere, or can i sell it for its full price anywhere without cheating?
you could use them to buy books since they are expensive or buy food supplises or gear or buy trading items like iron then sell the trade items somewhere else

I've been with an army for 78 days. How long does it take to reach knight? I'm currently a mounted serjeant (I think) with the North. is that their knight rank, or?

BacCompany3 said:
Wow I also use paint net to change stuff, funny someone else spends alot of time on dds files like I do

I use GIMP to do all the editing etc, and then Paint.net to save them and import them into the game. GIMP doesn't support .dds see, and its a pain in the arse finding a plugin for windows 64bit.

dagg929 said:
I've been with an army for 78 days. How long does it take to reach knight? I'm currently a mounted serjeant (I think) with the North. is that their knight rank, or?

I've only ever got as far as elite before I got bored.. By then you usually have enough favour with your liege (assuming you enlisted with him) to be able to swear fealty and be granted a fief. It would be amazing if after you reached the rank of knight the title of 'ser' automatically appears before your name.. but thats just wishful thinking. Bad enough manually putting 'lord' in front of my name when I finally have a town purely for roleplay purposes..

Back
Top Bottom