SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Mycose said:
I'm having an error script regularly while playing.

I read on forusm that it was because i refused an lords at my court to join me....but i never saw one at my court, so maybe it's because i moved my court
Anyway i dont really know where it came from and was wondering if there is a way to fix it and not loose my game ?

Here a screen of the problemhttp://imageshack.com/a/img843/3969/4pq7.png

thanks if you have an idea x)

PS: someone pointed this out also: why ACoK doesnt have is subforum ? ^^

This seems to be a problem a lot of people are suffering from but if you look at the bug section on the mod db page Cozur knows about it and should be fixing it for 1.3, no quick fix though unfortunately

Does anyone know if the random events affect relation with towns and villages, I did a few negative ones and now every village and town has a minus 8 relation with me, also you can't seem to recruit dragons tone troops from the castellan? :S

TBBlackerz said:
Mycose said:

I read on forusm that it was because i refused an lords at my court to join me....but i never saw one at my court, so maybe it's because i moved my court
Anyway i dont really know where it came from and was wondering if there is a way to fix it and not loose my game ?

This seems to be a problem a lot of people are suffering from but if you look at the bug section on the mod db page Cozur knows about it and should be fixing it for 1.3, no quick fix though unfortunately

OKay thanks ! And do you know if there is an impact on the game ? Does that mean that some lords are lost on the map ? or lords can't go to my court anymore ?

Mycose said:
TBBlackerz said:
Mycose said:

OKay thanks ! And do you know if there is an impact on the game ? Does that mean that some lords are lost on the map ? or lords can't go to my court anymore ?

No idea I'm afraid :S I haven't noticed anything on my game

brunoscaramussa said:
Hi.
First, congratulations for the excellent work.

Now for my problem. Once I won my first battle in the game (usually against looters) the game returns to the main map and I get a RGL error message. Any idea what this might be?

P.S.> My M&B is compatible (1.15:cool: with the mod version (1.2).

No help? Poor me...

brunoscaramussa said:
brunoscaramussa said:
Hi.
First, congratulations for the excellent work.

Now for my problem. Once I won my first battle in the game (usually against looters) the game returns to the main map and I get a RGL error message. Any idea what this might be?

P.S.> My M&B is compatible (1.15:cool: with the mod version (1.2).

No help? Poor me...

How do you expect somebody to help you with such little information?

brunoscaramussa said:
No help? Poor me...

All I can suggest is a fresh install on both fronts. The red error messages are a common problem, but the crash to map screen could be corrupt files..? Try reinstalling M&B, or if your on Steam just validate your files etc. Then try reinstalling ACoK 2.1.. Sometimes if your connection is a little ropey during first install some files get lost or corrupted.

Not guaranteed to fix, but worth a try. Backup saves if you dont want to lose progress.. Good luck.

There is no option to turn off this shield bash?

Cannot fight with it, since its not on a seperate key I cannot block/attack without accidently activating it.

even if it was on seperate key, I simply dont want an overpowered attack that AI doesnt use.

TBBlackerz said:
Mycose said:
TBBlackerz said:
Mycose said:

No idea I'm afraid :S I haven't noticed anything on my game

I'm fairly certain this happens when Lords join another faction and desert their current one, the moment they spawn in the new faction one copy of this script will be given, once. As far as I'm aware it has 0 effect on the actual gameplay other than spamming script errors.

However, the problem is a lot of lords will start deserting factions when you're in mid-late game, basically spamming the same script error every single day.

If you want to test this yourself move over to the capital of a faction that has just gotten a lord, the moment the lord spawns in the capital of the faction you'll see this error appear.

cozur, couple of odd placements for villages with their corresponding keeps being all the way across the map, my suggestions are:

for Clegane's Keep and the Sunset Keep add a new village for each of them closer to the keeps
for Golden Tooth give it control of Blackbridge (currently owned by the Sunset Keep, in the middle of Westeros while the keep that owns it is on the west coast, keep it as Elwood Hartes village)
for the villages of Woodrock (currently owned by Clegane's Keep) and Briarwhite (currently owned by the Golden Tooth) give both these villages to Kings Landing as it is the capital and the largest city
for Riverrun, it's village it owns is near the Saltpans, I would suggest giving Riverrun 2 villages (1 towards Wayfarer's rest on the Riverrun side of the river and another near Fairmarket) since it is a major choke point
for Brindlewood (the village currently owned by Riverrun) I'd give that village to Harrenhal as Harrenhal is a massive keep and should probably control more land
for the new Westerland villages I'd give them to lords who typically defect early like Jarion Moreland, Edgar Buckwell, Gyles Rosby, Selmond Stackspear, and Stafford Lannister
for the new Riverlands villages I'd give them to Walder Frey or Karyl Vance as those two usually bail on the Riverlands first

thanks for taking the time to read my suggestions, it's a pet-peev of mine when trying to have a solid empire and having a random village controlled by another faction with a keep all the way on the other side of the map, kinda annoying, also I'm sure adding a few villages won't mess up the balance of the game that much and I'm sure there is some lore-appropriate villages closer to the keeps I'v pointed out.

I also have  no troop text file and the game crashes whenever i click 'start campiagn' , iv tried re-downloading the mod many times but it comes up every time
plz  someone tell me if it is  my computer is just messed up or somthin cos i really want to try this awsome looking mod
p.s sorry about the english never was very good at it at school

iC1 said:
brunoscaramussa said:
No help? Poor me...

All I can suggest is a fresh install on both fronts. The red error messages are a common problem, but the crash to map screen could be corrupt files..? Try reinstalling M&B, or if your on Steam just validate your files etc. Then try reinstalling ACoK 2.1.. Sometimes if your connection is a little ropey during first install some files get lost or corrupted.

Not guaranteed to fix, but worth a try. Backup saves if you dont want to lose progress.. Good luck.

Thank you dude.
I did what you said (reinstalled everything) and so far have had no problems.

brunoscaramussa said:
Thank you dude.
I did what you said (reinstalled everything) and so far have had no problems.

Glad to help.. You will probably still encounter the red error messages at some point, especially later on in the game.. but i'm pretty sure its a recurring issue and not a problem at your end.

Hello, I have recently started playing the new version and I've got only one thing to say. I think the weapons need to be worked on. :sad: I cant find any more dornish maces, and pikes are completely gone together with a couple other stuff. And there seem to be no actually good weapons at all. Cutting damage is always way less than piercing damage on swords. So I tend to use the war cleavr but i saw it only has 60 speed now. Do I remember it wrong or was it like 100 in 1.11? Anyways,now it became really hard to kill all those soldiers with super armours, with head armor going to like 60 body 72 and leg 60 aswell. And the more average soldiers have pretty good armor too. There just arent weapons good enough.
Can anyone tell me how to tweak weapons? Do I need some pther program for it?

Very good job otherwise except that some quests get completed even if I get knocked out like the drago  seed one. I just lose like 40 renown...

Could anyone tell me when a Targaryen comes to claim the throne.
(Daenerys or Aegon...i already met Daenerys(nice missions by the way).

At the moment i am a mercanary for the fabulous king, but man....i want to fight for the Targaryens

Dissmaster said:

At the moment i am a mercanary for the fabulous king, but man....i want to fight for the Targaryens

They don't.

Dissmaster said:

Unlocked by completing the "fire and blood" quest line. http://acok.wikia.com/wiki/Quests

swampytaco said:
Dissmaster said:

Unlocked by completing the "fire and blood" quest line. http://acok.wikia.com/wiki/Quests

Thank you very very much. I waited in Kingslanding for 80 days or so....thank you.
(Didn't know there was another quest from Illyrio)

Dissmaster said:
swampytaco said:
Dissmaster said:

Thank you very very much. I waited in Kingslanding for 80 days or so....thank you.
(Didn't know there was another quest from Illyrio)

But the forums, reddit, basically everywhere, is flooding with misinformation, ridiculous rumors and just plain wish-thinking. And I get PM'ed with questions I can't answer because of this. I can't answer them because they're often far-fetched, and more importantly, often based on some rumor, like Daenerys invading Westeros (she doesn't) or being able to join the Night's Watch (you can't).

Due to the limitations of the Warband engine, code, you get the deal, there are some things I simply cannot accomplish - either due to it being impossible, me not knowing how to do it, or because I simply cannot be bothered.

An example of something impossible would be dragons, and Daenerys is just no fun without dragons.

- http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-clash-of-kings/features/a-guide-to-quests-in-acok-12\

Targs invade, but no Dany

Hey guys!
Very new to forums, i apologize if I am foruming incorrectly :razz:

I have a quick question and it seems i am having a reoccurring issue..
My download(No matter where i get it from) seems to be corrupt. I am trying to download 1.2 that is.

Would there be anywhere i could download it outside of moddb?
Or am i out of luck :sad:

I've downloaded 7 times already, from 5 different sites.

I apologize once again,
Thank you for reading,
Sincerely,

Bakos133

Edit:
Getting a checksum error for textures
Error reads:
C:\Users\(myname)\Downloads\ACOK_1.2.rar: Checksum error in ACOK 1.2\Textures\lamellar_armor_d.dds. The file is corrupt

Any help? :smile:

Back
Top Bottom