SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

viperswhip said:
Tell me about it, I cannot get a castle despite ass kissing every single lord of the Reach, well, half of them at least, there are a lot. I don't think that's the mods fault. In my case, I like to become a vassal right after they award the village and roll the dice, up until then I merc.

I tend to refuse every fief offered to me.. most of the time your villages are raided anyways. Quite a lot of kings tebd to favour lords with no assets when offering a newly taken castle or town, so refusing all of them up until then kinda keeps you higher in the queue. Most of the time anyways.. Just be sure to keep kissing arse in the meantime!

I can't continue the quest "the prince and the queen" after part 1. I found the captain Neres, took the ship to Mereen but the Queen have only 2 options of dialogue.
Nothing like "Illyrio send me" or similar. It's a bug? :sad:
I play 1.2 version.

There is a bug where if you make a companion a lord they will spend almost all of their time inside their castle or town, and also when in a battle they wont have a flag, they will have a completely white banner, not on the map but only when fighting, and also if they wear heraldic armor it will always be completely white banner, whenever you see them.

MarkGraf said:
I can't continue the quest "the prince and the queen" after part 1. I found the captain Neres, took the ship to Mereen but the Queen have only 2 options of dialogue.
I play 1.2 version.

I just asked the same question a few posts back, read the quote from my second post on this page.

I've got a problem with disappearing companions, my medic and salesman just disappeared and they're no where to be seen, does anyone know how to locate them with the debug menu?

Hey Cozur, I'm really enjoying this last iteration.  The new faction invasions/quests really make the atmosphere in the mod so much more enjoyable.

Some suggestions I have, 

--  I liked the old Storm's End scene for sieges.  It was a pretty huge epic fight that the new scene doesn't seem to have, though part of it may be addressed in the next suggestion.

--  More than 1 ladder in a siege.  Storm's End(and some other keeps I've sieged but forget which atm) has one ladder and the attackers all run in 1 single file line to the ladder which makes the fight less fun than other sieges.  I'm not sure if they go single file because there is only 1 path(ladder) to take but it seems like it could be the cause.

--  Items, some of the unique items you get could use a slight boost,  Like the old andal sword or the fine sword you can get as a tournament reward.  In my game I boosted their damage to just under what a balanced arming sword would be, but may go to full balanced stats.  It keeps these weapons, which have nice unique looks, in use in the end game where I have found there to be less variance in arming sword looks.

--  Speaking of arming sword looks, I miss some of the old eastern ones that used to be in the game. and think they would still fit nicely in Dorne or the Free Cities.

-- Parchments siege scene two of the ladders could be placed better, if any troops go up them they can't get off and into the keep.

-- River Crossing at Stonehelm(in stormlands).  There used to be one a couple versions ago and it made that area more fun to capture/defend imo.

-- Dothraki Screamers seem OP.  They simply tear through the opposition.  Or possibly not overpowered but the Dothraki lords have so many of them in their army that it makes them OP.

--  Free Folk seem a bit underpowered. 

--  White walkers seem OP if they are meant to be beatable.  With about double their numbers I had to put my settings to easy to beat them (damage to self and friends reduced). 

-- Be able to sail across that huge Gulf in the free cities (Myr-Pentos-Norvos-Tyrosh- maybe bravos).  Would make travel  little more convenient and it makes sense that port cities along a gulf would be able to sail to each other.  Other idea beside just adding normal sea routes would be to go to an NPC in the city scene at the docks and have the option to book passage to one of the other cities.

-- Starting stats for PC and Companions.  Not sure why but some Background options have more skill points than others, seems to be balanced with starting equipment/reknown/gold/etc.?  Only problem is that everything but skill points can be easily gained in the game.  The difference between picking the options with the most skill points and the least skill points is about 13 points, which is pretty huge.

Companions also have large variance in the amount of skill points they have in relation the their level/intelligence.  There are still a few companions I haven't looked at like caul and knosos the headstrong but from the 16 I've looked at the following applies. Take Alen Cargyll and Brynden Storm for instance.  Alen Cargyll(who along with 1 other char has the most potential skill points) has 21 more potential skill points than Brynden Storm (who has the least amount of skill points).

--  Maces seem a little OP, I have adjusted the damage down a bit to 26 and this seems more balanced.

--  Dark Sister is also a bit OP,  I adjusted the stats to where it is still better than a masterwork and balanced sword in all aspects but not quite so much damage, (30swing 38thrust).  I also added the Extra Penetration flag via the Morgh's item editor but not sure what it does. 

--Item Weights seem to still be all over the place which makes some armor items
(possibly good looking ones) essentially useless as they canhave less armor and more weight than other items.  Would make sense to make the weight proportional to the armor of the item.  I've made a chart which I use to edit the items in my game. (For torso armor, armor2 is any head/foot armor the piece may give and has 0.5x the impact on weight as the body armor)
TorsoBootsGloves
ArmorArmor2WeightArmorWeightArmorWeight

My army of 265 men crushes Robb Stark's army of 433 outside of Saltpans in anticipation of assaulting the city. I return to Erenford Keep for a couple of days to rest my casualties and regather my strength, when who goes galloping by but Robb Stark, at full strength and headed back to patrol Saltpans again. That was a quick recovery. Love what you've done with the taverns. Love the quest lines.  The Dothraki are crazy powerful, but they also are in the books. The only problems I have with them is that they continue to replenish their armies with Dothraki units after joining Westerosi factions, and they are too heavily armored. The removal of some weapons seemed like a step backward, but I'm sure that you had your reasons. I miss pikes. Still a spectacular effort for a one man team. Keep up the good work. I'll keep playing.

MarkGraf said:
I play 1.2 version.

first read text from quest giver, you have to find old woman in mereen first and after that you can speak with daenerys and continue the quest

i am unable to visit Val ( lady of free folk ). i met her at feast, after few days she invites me to visit her. Castle Last Hearth, quest told me that she is here, her sister told me the same, but  when i visit castle i dont have an option "atempt to visit a lady"

How castle's rent works in this mod? I have a village in the Iron Islands and now, thanks to King Balon, a Castle in the Riverland: in the weekly report, castle doesn't have a rent.
I must wait for some time?

EDIT: Thank you for the previous answers :smile:

Eolath said:
Mycose said:
Hi guys !

First, really big WOW for your job on the mod, it's really nice and fun to play :smile:

Now i have 3 questions :grin:

1 - I'm currently in version 1.1, is it possible to continue my save with the 1.2 which just came out ?

2 - I'm currently starting my own kingdom but i tried to recruit lords and they always says that they are pleased with there king...is it possible to recruit them at least ?
Even if they are 50 reputation with me, i dont have the chooses to explain that i'll be a better king haha

3 - And finally, where can i find "bolt of velvet" i have gone through 6 or 7 cities and none have velvet, and i dont remember looting some when pillaging ?

Thanks for your answers !

1 - No

2 - Most definitely, have your chancellor check out the domestic policy of a kingdom and use http://floris.wikia.com/wiki/Domestic_Policy to see whether the lords in the kingdom are losing or gaining relations with their king monthly, especially factions that are never in a war or factions that are losing a war will tend to have unhappy lords.
Domestic policies are usually random but I found both Stormlands and Riverlands lords to be very fickle while Westerlands lords seem to be very happy with Tywin, this most likely has something to do with the low renown of Renly & Edmure as well.

Remember - the most important factor is to consider how happy lords are with their current lord, if they're very unhappy even lords with lower relations will want to leave their current situation behind.

3 - Cities in Pentos sell bolts of velvet occasionally (i.e. the other side of the sea).

thanks for the answers !I now have 2 cities and 4 castles but still nobody wants to join me...sometimes when i ask them its like "yes, yes, yes, maybe, but no" ... so frustating, i just gave villages to 2 companions but i dont want to give castles or cities to them...

My apologies if this has already been asked (I searched, but found nothing) or if this is more suitable for a more general warband thread.

I was wondering what would happen to a queen (ruler's wife) if her husband's faction was defeated. For example, what would happen to Queen Margaery Tyrell if Renly Baratheon's Stormlands were completely defeated? I believe the faction ruler is removed from the map, but would the same happen to his wife, or might she return to her father's court?

Sorry if this is a bit trivial, but it interests me.

Thanks very much for any help.

TB.

tbuy said:
My apologies if this has already been asked (I searched, but found nothing) or if this is more suitable for a more general warband thread.

I was wondering what would happen to a queen (ruler's wife) if her husband's faction was defeated. For example, what would happen to Queen Margaery Tyrell if Renly Baratheon's Stormlands were completely defeated? I believe the faction ruler is removed from the map, but would the same happen to his wife, or might she return to her father's court?

TB.

Well, I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think she'll disappear since she's the daughter of his vassal if you know what I mean. But as I said, I'm not sure.

Mycose said:
Eolath said:
Mycose said:
Hi guys !

First, really big WOW for your job on the mod, it's really nice and fun to play :smile:

Now i have 3 questions :grin:

1 - I'm currently in version 1.1, is it possible to continue my save with the 1.2 which just came out ?

2 - I'm currently starting my own kingdom but i tried to recruit lords and they always says that they are pleased with there king...is it possible to recruit them at least ?
Even if they are 50 reputation with me, i dont have the chooses to explain that i'll be a better king haha

3 - And finally, where can i find "bolt of velvet" i have gone through 6 or 7 cities and none have velvet, and i dont remember looting some when pillaging ?

Thanks for your answers !
1 - No

2 - Most definitely, have your chancellor check out the domestic policy of a kingdom and use http://floris.wikia.com/wiki/Domestic_Policy to see whether the lords in the kingdom are losing or gaining relations with their king monthly, especially factions that are never in a war or factions that are losing a war will tend to have unhappy lords.
Domestic policies are usually random but I found both Stormlands and Riverlands lords to be very fickle while Westerlands lords seem to be very happy with Tywin, this most likely has something to do with the low renown of Renly & Edmure as well.

Remember - the most important factor is to consider how happy lords are with their current lord, if they're very unhappy even lords with lower relations will want to leave their current situation behind.

3 - Cities in Pentos sell bolts of velvet occasionally (i.e. the other side of the sea).
thanks for the answers !I now have 2 cities and 4 castles but still nobody wants to join me...sometimes when i ask them its like "yes, yes, yes, maybe, but no" ... so frustating, i just gave villages to 2 companions but i dont want to give castles or cities to them...
if you wage war on that faction and kick their arse then the lord is more likely to fall out with his ruler which increases the chances of him coming over to your faction

To those who are having trouble recruiting lords, just keep sending out companions to raise your "right to rule". Getting married also raises it. Lords will start to show up at your court and ask you if they can join. You don't even have to recruit, they'll be beating down your door for the chance to join your faction.

tbuy said:

TB.

Well, I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think she'll disappear since she's the daughter of his vassal if you know what I mean. But as I said, I'm not sure.

EDIT: She's daughter of other faction leader, not a vassal, my mistake. I think if Mace and his faction get wiped out, though, Margeary will disappesar.

What kind of army did you guys use when fighting the wights in the Free Folk questline? I intend to start a new game and not lose my army to them this time. I really want to join the Wildling faction and institute a democracy in Westeros! :grin:

Back
Top Bottom