SP Fantasy [WB] A Game of Thrones

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well..You help me learn how to model..Yes..That is true..You just sent me 100 video tutorials and I thank you for it..  :lol: You didnt give me 16 jobs..You gave me 3 jobs..To make two armor sets from a image (Which are very hard armors to model and texture since I'm not a professional modeler)..And some stupid robin hood hat..I made few armors for the mod and you rejected them..Don't post the mod to be OSP..Post a alpha release or something just that people know the mod is not dead..Do whatever you want..The leadership of the mod is yours..

Draegor Redfields said:
I made Moat Cailin for this mod like 4 monthes ago.  I also made the village associated with it. Both are shown in this video.

http://youtu.be/GDPhyloOceE?t=1m12s

This is why this mod has been wip for years and will never be finished.

Very nice scenes!
My respect!

Hunterwolf said:
Draegor Redfields said:
I made Moat Cailin for this mod like 4 monthes ago.  I also made the village associated with it. Both are shown in this video.

http://youtu.be/GDPhyloOceE?t=1m12s

This is why this mod has been wip for years and will never be finished.
I tried to insert your video in mod I have not something wrong happens, how to insert video into mod that it would then be able to play?

I must have really surprised, but throughout the whole time I was engaged.
And let me be clear here, what would someone need to hand out jobs that it made sense. I made ​​within the last two or three months gave a lot of jobs, but so far neither saw nor what

I dont understand a thing you just said. Google translate just doesn't compare to the actual translators that used to be on the "team".

That being said, a coordinator makes playable builds and compiles all the work that has been done and marks it off the to do list. I have a playable GOT build on my PC now that is in English and includes Moat Cailin and all the work from the English Team up to around April.

The fact that you have people working on Scenes that have been finished for months tells me you either lost, abandoned, discarded, or never recieved all the work we did. 

The fact that Art of Justice left the team means that all the advanced code that he wrote to make the mod unique is gone forever now. Not only is Moat Cailin in the April build Art of Justice was coding it to be invisable on the map unless you got close enough to find it. He did some really amazing things.

I have to completely agree with Draegor Redfields, so much of this mod got abandoned when you, Hunterwolf, took over (coincidentally round about the same time the remaining english speaking team members left), Hiner made countless numbers of scenes and loads of them will not even be used - do you understand how annoying it is when you spend a lot of time and effort into creating something, only to be told that for some reason the new team leader doesn't want to use it and it has all been a waste.

Why on earth have you got people redoing scenes (the moat cailin example mentioned a couple of pages ago), there are so many more important things to do.

The glory days of this mod have come and gone, the only comments on this thread now are just pointless off topic chat or arguments. There have been no progress updates or anything to show the mod is moving forward in a long, long time.

I have an even older build of the mod than draegor but it wouldnt surprise me if even that is further along than the mod now  :neutral:

I've followed this mod since page one, silently watching and keeping my mouth shut. I've also seen this mod go from one of the most anticipated mods on the forums to never realistically happening. I'm not trying to be rude to hunterwolf here but, frankly, you simply don't possess the necessary English language skills to work with any English speaking modder.

I'd say a good plan of action would be to split the project into two parts. Since Draegor has a relatively current build of the mod, why not gather as many of the English speaking members of the team that are still interested and able to work on the mod and work on an English version while Hunterwolf assembles Russian speakers and makes a Russian version.

Both teams would start with around the same material and obviously the end results would be very different, but at least there would most likely be a successful end result. As it stands now there is literally zero chance of this mod being released. I'm not trolling I'm just being realistic here. There is no way a language barrier that huge can be overcome by both parties using google translate.

I understand I'm not a member of the team and my opinion carries zero clout here, but that might be a sensible solution to the given situation, and may, in the long run, help this mod see the light of day.

Announcement
Hunterwolf has decided to adopt a more focused position as a team modeler, and has left working out certain matters with the community to me. With that in mind I would like to announce three things.

1. We will be relocating to another topic which I shall personally create and supervise. When we are ready to move I will request this thread be locked so as to avoid later confusion. This will take some time as I need to learn how to properly make a thread and also organize our information for display. Expect something in the coming weeks. 

2.  I need all current team members, (active, freelance and on-and-off) to contact me about their position and status.  I will list those who do not contact me as a former member which I will change should he or she come back.

3. We are currently looking for someone who would like to become the new leader of this mod. Of great import is someone who can mod on numerous fronts and also enjoys the world of A Song of Ice and Fire. People skills are not as important because, hey, it’s the internet. If you match the above criteria and can allocate at least 1 weekend out of a month to work on this project then you would be more than suitable. Anyone interested in applying please message me.

Anyone else interested in joining the team or asking about the mod’s progress should also contact me directly.

Like I said to Owen Wulfson:
I believe produno is currently, the most capable guy for taking up this mod. He has already released a version, plus, he has the Brytenwalda module system, which helps you in alot in terms of scripting. I currently work for produno, and I've made some scene props for him...
Rest of the message is about development.

Anyway, here's a link to the old Arena Expansion by Janus/Septa Scrabae:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,60175.0.html

Includes code for real jousting.

Alright guys I need to run something by you all. What about renaming the new mod page:

[WB][S.]Westeros at War - A Game of Thrones Mod

So as to distinguish it from this current thread?

Shouldn't matter to much, a new name to fresh up a new beginning of this mods development. I wouldn't have anything against it.

You also might just call if "War of the Five Kings - A Game of the Thrones Mod" Seeing that's the part (if the data of the front page is still somewhat accurated) in the Westeros history that you use. - Just a random idea

Westeros at War isn't the best title. I think the title should follow the book scheme A ___ of/for ____.
Like:
A Time for Wolves(my old mod)
A War of Five Kings
A War of Seven Kingdoms
A War of Ice and Fire
and so on, for many other ideas you might have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom