65th Regiment Of Line Infantry (2nd Yorkshire) [Recruiting]

Users who are viewing this thread

The 65th (2nd Yorkshire, North Riding) Regiment of Foot was a British Army infantry regiment formed in 1758 from the redesignation of the 2nd Battalion, 12th Regiment of Foot. In 1881 it would become the 1st Battalion, York and Lancaster Regiment when amalgamated with the 84th (York and Lancaster) Regiment of Foot.

british-flag.jpg

This is a line infantry regiment and that is how we will play during Line Battles. But you have my promise not to be one of those commanders that simply stand there and let the regiment take fire. I promise to make battles as exciting as possible for the regiment members by mixing brutal line fighting action with epic charges and stealthy flanking maneuvers. This is an EU based regiment but USA players are more than welcome to join, but we will try make a schedule that fits everyone. If you are British and you feel like fighting for your homeland then grab a musket and enlist! Or if you are just from America or wherever you may be and feel like this regiment could be fun then by all means join the fight!

Recruitment Details
To Apply For Position Add Me On Steam jakebyrne123 Or Fill In This Application
Application-
Steam Name:
Experience:
Time Zone:
Army Roster
Col Fugly
Maj Jaman
Cpl Sezgin
Cpl Mad Man
Pvt Klazsh
Pvt Johnson

Regimental History
Seven Years' War
After the regiment was formed in 1758 it was sent to the fever ridden West Indies to aid in the capturing of the French islands of Guadeloupe (1759) and Martinique (1762). They were also involved in the expedition to capture Havana, Cuba in 1762. In 1764 the 65th Foot returned to England, where the regiment refilled its ranks.
[edit]American Revolution

The Battle of Bunker Hill, Howard Pyle, 1897
In 1768 the 65th Foot was shipped to Boston, Massachusetts as part of the garrison. A few years later in 1775 the American War of Independence began. The regiment's first action in the war was at the Battle of Bunker Hill in 1775 where their Grenadier and Light Companies were involved in the attack.
In 1776 the remnants of the 65th Foot were drafted into other regiments and the officers sent home to reform. In 1782 they received the title 2nd Yorkshire, North Riding Regiment.
In 1789 war had broken out with France again and Spain and the 65th were sent in 1782 to the fortress at Gibraltar which had fallen to British forces. After this regiment was sent to Canada in 1784 and Nova Scotia in 1791. In 1794 the 65th Foot were shipped back to the West Indies to take part in the attack on Santo Domingo in Haiti and a second attack on Martinique and then St Lucia.

Regiment Requirements
Rule 1: No petty arguing. Either get along or get out, I won't deal with people arguing while we're taking fire. Either handle it in a mature way or I will.
Rule 2: If someone is trying to teamkill you on purpose, don't kill them otherwise admins don't know who to trust and you could be blamed for the whole thing. Simply take screenshots of the teamkilling and present them to an admin or bring them to me and I'll present them to an admin myself.
Rule 3: Do not kick/punch/teamkill friendly musicians or flag bearers. I've seen them go on to end up winning the battles and besides, it's against the rules so just don't do it! Treat them with respect ecspecially in line battles for they sacrifice the opportunity to shoot enemies with a musket so that they can proudly carry their nations banner.
Rule 4: Obey commands, I am open to useful suggestions during battle but if you simply run and hide when I say charge or worse you charge when I say hold your ground, you will be punished. If you show yourself to be repeatedly disobedient then you will be kicked.

Our Teamspeak info:
Please feel free to hop in our TS any time your interested in joining us
Address: ts.22nd.eu
Port: 9987
Channel/s:
65th Regiment Of Foot

:cool:

Steam Name:dylan10144, dont have steam version!!!
Experience:i have had MM for a while but never really decided to join a group till i kept on being kicked for not being in one.
Timezone:australian EST

one more thing is that my ping averages around 300 but i have been in games with 50+ players and it still runs quite smooth.

We are taking prt in the final North American Linebattle if you want to tak part in it with us just come on over to teamspeak or add jakebyrne123 or thejaman1 on Steam thanks  :mrgreen:

Six man army, go lads :twisted:

good luck thou, enjoy ur time in this lovely community ;D

I would like to join the 65th,

Profile:steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198046689347

Experience with M&B: Only got 2 days ago, but i learn fast and am already getting the hang of it :smile:

Note:

I have reason why i cant access the community, I will explain through steam

Not a great musket shot, need to work more on my accuracy.

Might not be able to be on at all time, 12 hours minimum

Language: English

I have also had past experience with another clan like yours called the USF so im used to hardcore rules etc.

Back
Top Bottom