MULTIPLAYER .... on a LAN, or alone using Bots (v. 1.1)

Did U know that U can play MP battles alone, using Bots?

• No! It was never explained. And I still don t know how to activate it.

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • No, but now I tried and it works! I like it!

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Yes I knew, but never played

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Yes, I played but I prefer SP.

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Yes and I love them both, SP & MP!!!

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Yes, and it it is much better than SP .

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
TUTORIAL on Multiplayer on a LAN or played ALONE vs BOTs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdXZdNs6_5M

EDIT: Please DO NOT post Regimental Issues  on my Topic, here.!!
Do not use this Topic to advertize your own things, or other Mods stuff.

Instead, U can help me adding them in the Historical Topic, instead, ....as an information on History.
Or...I would love to see some Pics and VIDEOS on my last version 0.96 (and now 0.97) showing the troops, gameplay and the last Scenes and creations that I added.  :razz:

Pls comment on ur gameplay for 1860s Multiplayer FROM V. 0.99 on

....something like this, for example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IaS1DbG-eY

VIOL said:
Hello Gabrilduro, good to see you developing this mod.
One question: will you focus on the singleplayer or put a lot of effort developing a new multiplayer too?
Mostly on Single Player  but on Multiplayer as well.

I m sure few ppl know about this option that M&B has for all players that have not a connection or....that just prefer to play alone, making:

MULTIPLAYER  battles with B O T S
(troops leaded by the Computer Artificial Intelligence -A.I. )

U can even choose Spectator mode, and after U set all options, just sit there and bet on the best Faction!  :razz:

This is a unique issue that M&B WB has compared to many other Videogames.
And not all Mods allow U to play with Bots (troops controlled by the AI -artificial Intelligence - ) and not all allow U to set ALL options, either.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_bot

My son Gabry plays 1860s, 1755 and few other Mods in multiplayer by himself, lately.
We used to play on one PC and share Commands and mouse movement, before. Than we connected 2 PCs and...that was gorgeous fun!! :mrgreen:
We still do when I can, but he likes it so much that he often plays alone, since I m away for work or...busy modding!  :evil:
As Good Old 5arge said, it's also a great way to playtest the mod, and see how troops/weapons/items, etc etc, look and work in-game.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simple TUTORIAL:

(Thx to the Author of it, Legendary Reviews  :wink: )

-click on Multi player
-Click on Host and be sure to choose LAN -Local Area Net- to have a private multiplayer game for yourself
-set all options that are in the page (Scene, kind of fight, time, etc etc..  and then add in a bunch of bots for both factions).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT:
I replaced or modified most of the Native Scenes, so you fight it out in a frontier/western setting.

Unfortunately, the pics that are in version 0.96 and still in the next 0.97, are still medieval, and do not show U the REAL Scene that I made. U need to play it to see how it looks.  :oops:
As 5arge said, it is a unique experience, and very different than SP.
Imagine galloping across the plains on a painted horse launching arrows into the white invaders, or defending a pioneers convoy against a Bandits attack, or Indian Raid...or Csa fighting some stubborn Federals in an open field with some Farms, or Fortifications.
---or some kind of "Strange Creatures" that my son wanted to add to the "serious" game... :roll:

I set a Polll, just to know how many knew about this option, and how many actually use it and like it.
And feel free to post a comment !  :wink:

Just please consider that this option was developed only in the 0.98 version and that was still very primitive in old o.81 version.  :razz:

Keep in touch :wink:
Gabby

PS: GREAT Civil War mod (only MP) is SECESSION (by Azrooh, Hinkel, Kegger&Co.) :
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,240.0.html
If U have Napoleonic Wars U can dwld the great North&South Mod by Hinkel & Team as well!

OK!
Goood news on another side Supporters!  :mrgreen:
v. 0.95 is progressing really good and you had already some anticipations (thx to all Testers posting pics, expecially to Marecone, that did a great job on that, as always!!  :cool: )
I always considered MP just for internet, but lately I had the occasion to adore it playing it on a LAN, having 2 PCs connected and my son on one of them.
WE were screaming and loving it so much that my wife thought I was mad at him...then she found out that we were side to side, locked in a saloon, defending our scalps from a wild Apaches attack!!!  :shock:

I worked a lot on that side and now you can play it, using many factions

I still suggest to play SECESSION, by Azrooh and Team, to have a better internet experience and since I consider it such a masterpiece.
But...if u like easy things and want a wider factions presence, u ll love my new MP, alone with BOTS...or with friends on a LAN (no official server running and no intention to have one, atm)

Gabby

PS ...I beg u all to post on Forum, ....not sending PMs, pleeeease.... :roll:

GABRILDURO said:
I always considered MP just for internet, but lately I had the occasion to adore it playing it on a LAN, having 2 PCs connected and my son on one of them.
WE were screaming and loving it so much that my wife thought I was mad at him...then she found out that we were side to side, locked in a saloon, defending our scalps from a wild Apaches attack!!!  :shock:

Man, I wish I had a dad like you when I was younger.  :lol:

Sounds good Gabby, I'll be watching this!

Rigadoon said:
GABRILDURO said:

Man, I wish I had a dad like you when I was younger.  :lol:

Sounds good Gabby, I'll be watching this!
....and my wife probably wishes that I were like yours!!! hehehehe  :twisted:
Thx Rig, I always felt yours and all Secession developers support and liking, even if u r not around so much!
Friends are friends, always!  :mrgreen:
Since I arranged not to end up in a Mental Hospital, yet...I m still modding and progressing, it seems.
Disappointing few enemies, but pleasing many old and new friends, I guess...hehehe  :twisted:
I see you are on a new great project. BEST LUCK with it!!! :cool:
Gab

Azrooh said:
Glad you're expanding into co-op multiplayer, Gab! Looks like tons of fun, I'll need to check it out when I get the chance.
HATS DOWN FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!....Mister MASTER AZROOH is here!!!!!!!!!
Hah!  :mrgreen:
Just sent to 5arge my last update....but I m working hard on a better version, now!!!  :wink:
I d love if U could try/test it, as well!  :razz:
Gab

Amen.

And, to grant my post some validity:
mb74_zps3a5210a7.jpg
mb82_zps6d399a48.jpg
mb86_zpscb7bc079.jpg

mb82_zpsbecc8ded.jpg

VIOL said:
Hello Gabrilduro, good to see you developing this mod.
One question: will you focus on the singleplayer or put a lot of effort developing a new multiplayer too?
Mostly on Single Player  but on Multiplayer as well.

I m sure few ppl know about this option that M&B has for all players that have not a connection or....that just prefer to play alone, making:

MULTIPLAYER  battles with B O T S
(troops leaded by the Computer Artificial Intelligence -A.I. )

U can even choose Spectator mode, and after U set all options, just sit there and bet on the best Faction!  :razz:

And not all Mods allow U to play with Bots (troops controlled by the AI -artificial Intelligence - ) and not all allow U to set ALL options, either.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_bot

My son Gabry plays 1860s, 1755 and few other Mods in multiplayer by himself, lately.
We used to play on one PC and share Commands and mouse movement, before. Than we connected 2 PCs and...that was gorgeous fun!! :mrgreen:
We still do when I can, but he likes it so much that he often plays alone, since I m away for work or...busy modding!  :evil:
As Good Old 5arge said, it's also a great way to playtest the mod, and see how troops/weapons/items, etc etc, look and work in-game.
Simple TUTORIAL:

(Thx to the Author of it, Legendary Reviews  :wink: )

-click on Multi player
-Click on Host and be sure to choose LAN -Local Area Net- to have a private multiplayer game for yourself
-set all options that are in the page (Scene, kind of fight, time, etc etc..  and then add in a bunch of bots for both factions).

IMPORTANT:
I replaced or modified most of the Native Scenes, so you fight it out in a frontier/western setting.

Unfortunately, the pics that are in version 0.96 and still in the next 0.97, are still medieval, and do not show U the REAL Scene that I made. U need to play it to see how it looks.  :oops:
Imagine galloping across the plains on a painted horse launching arrows into the white invaders, or defending a pioneers convoy against a Bandits attack, or Indian Raid...or Csa fighting some stubborn Federals in an open field with some Farms, or Fortifications.
---or some kind of "Strange Creatures" that my son wanted to add to the "serious" game... :roll:

I set a Polll, just to know how many knew about this option, and how many actually use it and like it.

Just please consider that this option was developed only in the 0.96 version and that was still very primitive in old o.81 version.  :razz:

Keep in touch :wink:
Gabby

PS: GREAT Civil War mod (only MP) is SECESSION (by Azrooh, Hinkel, Kegger&Co.) :
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,240.0.html
If U have Napoleonic Wars U can dwld the great North&South Mod by Hinkel & Team as well!

THE 1st PICS on MP Battles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,195465.msg6172819.html#msg6172819

Thx JOE!
Fast and good as always!! :wink:
Gabby
PS...U could not resist to add also a b&w pic, huh?  :twisted:
It was really nice, actually!
It is just that.... I adore colors!!  :mrgreen:

5arge said:
Gabby had mentioned in another thread that his son Gabry plays this mod in multiplayer by himself so I thought I would give it a try.
For me, it's a good way to playtest the mod, but I can see how this may be an alternative to custom battles (and we all know the AI is a little silly in custom battles).
Basically, you just host a private multiplayer game for yourself and then add in a bunch of bots.
All of the Native maps have been replaced, so you fight it out in a frontier/western setting.
For an interesting battle, I usually choose one of the "line infantry" type factions to lead and then fight against a more "guerilla" type faction like injuns, mexicanos, or outlaws.
You gotta wonder if Little Gabby prefers a more regimented battle as he is a proud Soldato Italiano.
Or maybe he favors galloping across the plains on a painted horse launching arrows into the white invaders. I like to imagine the little fella chopping people with a big mexican machete yelling "gringo pendejo!" (it really says that when you use a machete). I know that Gabby doesn't have any interest in developing the multiplayer side of the game, but if you got sick of playing the campaign single player there is still some fun to be had fighting skirmishes using the multiplayer mode.

THX 5arge!
That was a much better description of mine, on the Multiplayer option, when U play alone.
....and U gave the exact image of my son Gabri when he is on the PC playing (he likes to say " Testing"  :twisted: ) my Mods.

I m sure few ppl know about this option that M&B has for all players that have not a connection or....that just prefer to play alone, making MP battles with Bots.

Simple Start up:

-click on Multi player

Just please consider that this option was developed only in the 0.96 version and that was still very primitive in old o.81 version.  :razz:

Gab
PS..ohh...mamma mia!  :shock: I just realized that I mentioned my life and my son again!!
LOCO is going to get a heart attack!!  :twisted: :twisted:

Pls comment on ur gameplay for 1860s Multiplayer here:

dcoold said:
I tried it and it was alot of fun, Great work on it  :grin:.

Captured Joe said:
I like the town scenes most. Plenty of cover and atmosfere.
If I go mexican, the French always kick our .... :oops:

Great!!!!!!  :razz:
...please post ur gameplay experience about 1860s Multiplayer:  :wink:

I played all combinations that I made:
CSA battles, Western Duels (I ignored that one!  :eek: ), IndiansVSCowboys(or USA), Mexican French 2nd Empire...and LOST ISLAND CREATURES!!!

What is ur preferred Scene?
And Battle Factions?

....I even tried 2 vs 55 enemies, in battle mode, riding a fast horse and hiding to shoot the enemies that d follow me and my mate (my son Gabri, on the other PC)
We ended up that we won them all, my son survived...but they killed me.... :oops:

Gab

I'm interested in some multiplayer LAN battles with bots, I might play with my brother once I get this mod installed.

This'll be great if I can convince him to play.  : :grin:

Wait wait wait, then!!!  :razz:
.... introduce yourself here
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,163810.0.html
and ask for the new Link of the superlast 1860s v. 0.99 T (...finishing it in few more days!)

In my last version, many new Scenes (SP, MultiPlayer and Custom Battles!!!) and a lot lot more added and fixed  :wink:

Gabby

Really glad to see someone has a sparked interest in the multiplayer side, its a great feature that few take the time to explore.  :wink:

YEAH, really BB!!  :cool:
I m sure that still MOST players do not know that is possible to play all my Mods in MultiPlayer mode, also on a Lan with one or few friends and not on Internet, using BOTs (artificial intelligence Troops) ....and even alone, with NO connection!!  :shock:

ANyway, to make all that more clear and understandable, I just spent WEEKS in changing the MP Sheets and descriptions in supernew version 0.99 T.  :cool:

BroskiDerpman .... Wait wait wait, then!!!  :razz:
.... introduce yourself here
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,163810.0.html
and ask for the new Link of the superlast 1860s v. 0.99 T (...finishing it in few more days!)

In my last version, many new Scenes (SP, MultiPlayer and Custom Battles!!!) and a lot lot more added and fixed  :wink:

Gabby

Hey one questiion to MP. Is it possible to play the singleplayer of your mod with my friend like Co-op?

Back
Top Bottom