Nations' 5-a-Side Tournament | Original Post

What ought be the policy regarding custom maps?

• Only use glitch-free Native maps;

Votes: 40 37.7%
  • Use all maps accepted by lust for the Winter Cycle of the ENL;

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Judge maps independently, for their applicability to a [b]5v5[/b] tournament

Votes: 44 41.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nation of Origin:
headerflag_pt.png
Portugal
List of Team-Members: Shock, Maynd, HarkonHakoon, Achilles, Hibik, Viera, Hethwill, and more to be added.
Name and contact details of the team's Captain:
taleworlds.gif
shokkueibu
5856473930_b65c41f4cc_o.gif
shokkueibu
Name and contact details of the team's Co-Captain:
taleworlds.gif
Maynd
5856473930_b65c41f4cc_o.gif
eduardoflor
Confirmation that your team agrees with, and approves of the rules: Yes

HarkonHakoon said:
GoldFingero said:
Alex_C said:
(e.g. Germany; Germany II; Germany III etc.). 
Third reich? :O
ROFL, you're awesome GoldFingero.  :mrgreen:

Also, sounds like a really fun and different sort of tournament, I might take part...

*EDIT update : PM'd Maynd, his clan has a lot of portuguese guys as well, so I'll keep my fingers crossed hoping that him and the guys have the will to get into this with me. :grin:

1105231944c314a64cd7d9dab0.gif
Done my fellow countryman.
1105231944c314a64cd7d9dab0.gif

Mr.X said:
Does spec have to be locked?

If this is regarding the spectator camera: in general, it will be locked to team-mates' views. Sometimes exceptions may be made, for recording and such.

If this is regarding spectator slots on server: this will be up to the teams in question. If either team do not wish spectators, no spectators.

Mr.X said:
I don't know of any speed settings named "normal".

Medium, Normal same difference. ;p

Mr.X said:
Sorry if I missed it, but I don't think draws were mentioned. How will those be dealt with?

Draws aren't replayed and don't count towards final score.

Mr.X said:
I'm assuming, no Khergits, but would be nice to know beforehand.

No Khergits, there's a Faction List in the OP now, intended to include it to begin with, but forgot. =s

Mr.X said:
Who are these fabled "event admins"?

So far, Crusader and I as far as I know. This will change at some point in the future, and I'll open Event Admin Applications or something.

Mr.X said:
If someone on my team types "milking my lolcow" during a match, will we be punished?

Yes, you'll be permanently banned from the competition with no possible chance of appeal.

captain lust said:
Will there be a bracket or will the fixtures get randomed?

Probably a bracket, since it's easier to manage I think.

Added United Kingdom I and Portugal I.

Alex_C said:
Mr.X said:

If this is regarding the spectator camera: in general, it will be locked to team-mates' views. Sometimes exceptions may be made, for recording and such.

If this is regarding spectator slots on server: this will be up to the teams in question. If either team do not wish spectators, no spectators.

Can I contest this rule? Locked spec is boring as ****.

Mr.X said:
Alex_C said:
Mr.X said:

Can I contest this rule? Locked spec is boring as ****.

For whom? I think it's generally better to have some slight boredom for spectators than have allegations or instances of cheating.

###EDIT###

Event Admin Applications Open:

Event Admins will have jurisdiction over a wide variety of issues in the tournament, for instance allowing matches to be scheduled past deadlines; allowing nations to 'merge'; server decisions and such.

Event Admins must be trustworthy individuals, who are above team-based biases and are willing and able to devote their time and effort towards the furtherment of this tournament.

In order to apply, send me a private message following this layout:

Contact Details:
Previous Experience:
Nation:
Additional Information:

Code:
[b]Contact Details:[/b]
[b]Previous Experience:[/b]
[b]Nation:[/b]
[b]Additional Information:[/b]

I will most likely be accepting admins who are well-known and trusted in the community, and will probably be trying to achieve as wide  a spread of nationalities as is possible. To some extent this will be working on a first come first serve basis, so don't feel offended if you're not accepted.

There are ways of getting around locked spec if people really wanted to ghost. I say just take off the rule entirely and let people watch. If you're really scared of cheating have admins sit in on vents.

I would sign up for admin but I wouldn't really be able to work with matches live outside US and Canada due to timezones. :/

Alexander is right.

Maybe it's a very big difference between our communities (I was surprised as to how chill it was when I watched the Bks versus zerg match some time ago, it was even for some tournament I believe. I had even sent a PM to Rhade to ask for permission to watch it, but I found out the server was not even locked and like 10 people were specc'ing), but we're usually very reserved about free/"actual" spectating (though everyone usually allows a few known spectators if it's locked spectating, and the servers are always locked and tight for the duration of the match; regardless, it's mostly always the reserves of the clan in stand-by).

Even locked spectating can be controversial in certain maps from what I've seen, really easy to call enemy movement too.
Ghosting being possible or not even so, it's still a basic and generally reliable safety method of ensuring the integrity of a match.

Let me know if anyone is interested in making a Dutch/Belgian (hope this is allowed, Alex?) -team. I personally don't want to lead it, but I'd love to play in it.

Mr.X said:
There are ways of getting around locked spec if people really wanted to ghost. I say just take off the rule entirely and let people watch. If you're really scared of cheating have admins sit in on vents.

I would sign up for admin but I wouldn't really be able to work with matches live outside US and Canada due to timezones. :/
am i wrong or big events like nation's cup and ENL have the camera locked?
I think in this event we will lock it too Mr.X :smile:

It's locked for enough reasons. Not that we don't trust the community but every match has locked view and most dont even have spectators except for own teammembers or a referee if needed.

I am building up a german team at the moment. Still need member's answers as some are on vacation. :smile:
Good event idea!

Mr.X said:
You're forgeting about language barriers X unless we just happen to get an admin that's multilingual. That's not to say that I'm against open spectator, in my view it gives a feeling of mutual trust and respect between teams which is always nice for a community.

Nation of Origin:
flagitahover.png
  -  Italy

List of Team-Members:LordWilly , Harlequin , Crusader , Fenriz , Zelon - more to come

taleworlds.gif
Lord Willy
5856473930b65c41f4cco.gif
lordwilly254

taleworlds.gif
Fenriz
fenryz_ita

Confirmation that your team agrees with, and approves of the rules:Confirmed

Added Italy I.

Due to the relative lack of Swiss players, Switzerland has been merged with Germany for this tournament. A Swiss player may join a German team.

Nation of Origin: Germany
List of Team-Members: Miwiw (IG), TheBard (IG), Soulghost (IG), Dakura (IG), Ryuren (KR), more to add
Name and contact details of the team's Captain: Miwiw;
taleworlds.gif
Mupf aka Miwiw
Miwiw
Name and contact details of the team's Co-Captain: TheBard;
taleworlds.gif
TheBard
TheBard
Confirmation that your team agrees with, and approves of the rules: Confirmed

Nation of Origin:
15hhh5l.png
Turkey
List of Team-Members: laptopAirel(Rv), Mysterion(Rv), Lethal(RN), Steppe(Rv), Fletcher(3OA), Arn(Rv), more to be added. 
taleworlds.gif
Airelhach
airelhach
taleworlds.gif
Mysterion
bayreqortmen
Confirmation that your team agrees with, and approves of the rules: Confirmed

Nation of Origin:
15hhh5l.png
Turkey
List of Team-Members:ATTILA(AG),Mete_Khan(AG),Shaman(22nd),Cagatay(3OA),El Hasib(AG) substitutions:grin:ementor(3OA),............ more to be added.
taleworlds.gif
  ATTILA
thebancally
taleworlds.gif
Mete_Khan
  Mete_Khan
Confirmation that your team agrees with, and approves of the rules::Confirmed

Status