PW ranks - idea - looking for goal of the game

Users who are viewing this thread

NOVICIUS

Master Knight
Before somebody misunderstand me:

STATEMANT:
I do not believe that in PW somebody is better player because he play from x - time or because everybody knows his name in game or outside of it. We are all equal!
Slayton said:
You are wrong! Liberal freak! There is no such thing as equality!

IDEA:
To give some player a boost to go with RP side of Force as well as motivate them to be creative in construction of REAL persistent world. I think about server based ranks system.

how this would work?
I am afraid it will be more work for admins on server :roll:... They would have to not only look for "bad" players but also officially recognise "good" players. After admin "duty" admin have to say which player was wrong. He has to ban him or tell other admins : watch for this guy [I just imagine as I was never admin]. Why not give some good opinions?
"This player was great. I was impress with his RP. If he would have more resources/more time he would make server better.etc.etc.... [admin]"I like to reward THIS player with higher rank suggestion. Can other admins watch THIS player and say if they agree with me?"

what rank will give you(player)?
it is down to the server administration. I do not really want to go there but..yes offcourse...salary. Money boost for "good" players... Why money?..This is simple: If you give player reputation points which prevent him from instant permaban that would encourage some players to play "nicely" just to turn "badly" when they can. Money boost give you no protection. If you like to advance to higher rank you have to play "nicely" even you have advantage over other players. You can still get banned if you turn "bad".

what is wrong with banking?
Nothing really but this system did not separate "good" players from "bad" players. "bad" player can random when admins not see it. He can claim is innocents.He can do whatever he wants as long he will not get caught and then..do banking and carry on in next session. [I have experience banking..a lot of pushing and fights, I saw players who killed somebody in the cue just to bank robbed money]

I leave it for now....[edit later]

I will answear all questions to explain my idea. Please stay positive and try to develop it with me rather than troll and shout.

I FORGOT about this part: "looking for goal of the game" :oops:
I know player of every competitive game LOVE ranks. In corrent mod we do not have any official ranks which we can be "proud of". Rank system could bring this kind of satisfaction....[obviously killing rank does not encourage RP and never was importand rank system for the very best players of this mod]

gaham1 said:
we dont get to see people rp really we gotta deal with randomers...

I do understand you are busy,,,

but I am sure you can recognise players you have never problem with or you can simply say: great :grin: HE is on..Can you?

gaham1 said:
meah I say that about roland and de_pieter since there my riot buddies

The word buddies can put a lot of people away from this idea..this is not what I meant.

funny example: driving license...If you have accident then you have problem, but for no accident drive you get benefits...

gaham1 said:
other example: at work you dont slack off your boss rewards you, if you slack off your boss fires you(ban)

precisely..but you also have to get a little attention of your boss= your RP have to be visible and improve server to get you to higher/salary rank

I FORGOT about this part: "looking for goal of the game" :oops:
I know player of every competitive game LOVE ranks. In corrent mod we do not have any official ranks which we can be "proud of". Rank system could bring this kind of satisfaction....[obviously killing rank does not encourage RP and never was importand rank system for the very best players of this mod]

It would be nice, if it wouldn't be quickly corrupted and abused with 'admin favoritism'. It's like communism, a nice idea, but it really just wouldn't work without rampant corruption.

What about fighting skill ranks? You could lay a test with admins and they would give your skill a rank, that way it would be easy to find strong players around you...
And maybe also like leadership ranks or something...

Im currently working on putting it as part of our guild system.

The leader of say a faction would be a Lord so would use a Lord_ tag
Any knights ( limited to the top 5% of that guild) are given the tag Sir_

Then for hedge lords and knights they have to put a proposal to the servers management/ current lords.
you need to get a number of lords to agree to your proposal and you get the tag, the "council" would be made up of High nobles like myself ,other older high lords and the current lords of each guild.

Consider the council a group of players who represent higher society, if you want to be a part of it you have to convince them you are the same calibre of player.

The problem is servers don't often like name forcing on people due to it "limits roleplay" but to be honest i think it changes roleplay forever, it stops everyone claiming noble when a TW tries to arrest and it forces social ranks.

Nice mate :grin:

I can leave it to You then. Maybe on base of your guild sytem it would be possible to develop it further and find the way to fight with corruption...which I do not mind realy because I am seeking for Persistent World. If that game world social structure would be base on "administration favorits (buddies)" it would still be more Peresistent than random players.

What we need now is a good system in which player can progress or degress depend on his action in game...

Back
Top Bottom