MP Musket Era Modern Full Invasion: Zulu

Users who are viewing this thread

LtSpearing

Sergeant Knight
Full Invasion: Zulu

dhm1197.jpg

Full Invasion: Zulu is a modification built on the same codes as the already popular mod, Full Invasion. Utilizing FI's system of Wave-After-Wave gameplay that inspires teamwork, skill, and a certain level of bravery (If not foolishness) to overcome waves of zombies, farmers, barbarians, and so forth; the FI:Z Dev. team is working on creating a mod much like it, but similar in certain key aspects.

Firearms

This mod will be focusing on the Anglo-Zulu conflicts. Maps made will range from Ishandluwana to Rorke's Drift. Because the timeframe this is all set in, the British team (The side the players will be fighting as) will get Pistols, Rifles, Swords, the occasional Banner, and if your lucky, Cannons :3 (No promises).

Multiple Conflict points

Most FI maps focus on funneling the enemy into a narrow street, onto a ladder, or a very very long bridge. At the end of most is a well-fortified, well armed, group of players firing/throwing anything they have at the incoming mass. FI:Z will be challenging to players in a new way: Maps will have not only have a few spawn points, but will also have points where certain mobs of enemies will spawn INSIDE the player's defensive perimeter, challenging them to deal with threats from all around, and making them learn how to divide their labour.

New Enemies

The Zulu army will bring about warriors of all kinds, from simple Swazi-Axe armed soldiers, to Cow-skin shield bearing men with clubs or throwing spears. Exotic foes will attempt to defeat you. Going to prove them wrong?

New Models for certain props

Anyone who has played FI has known there are 4 key things to keep in arms reach or at least a clear pathway to when in game: The Mystery Box, the Ammo Quiver, the Barricades, and the Beds (Which refill health). FI:Z will contain all knew models for these things and will also contain different scene props too. The normal cross-wood barricades will be replaced with small walls of grainbags. The quiver with a period accurate Ammunitions Crate, and the bed with a stretcher. All of these will be placed in their appropriate spots on the map. (Ex: Stretchers will be in the unburnt portions of the hospital in Rorke's Drift)

Regards,

The FI:Z Dev team.

~Backstory to the mod~

The idea popped up after i started shouting ZULUUUUU in a linebattle (Luls) with my guys laughing their arses off and since the full invasion code is free, im basicaly suggesting that i would enjoy some community help with making this mod. I myself am not going to be helping, but im going to be getting a lot of people involved. I'm talking to Wolfy, the maker of VFoE to help code in some items and the patch itself which shouldnt be too hard, but rather why im posting this is to say that if anyone here is a modeller and has some free time, a lot of people would appreciate your work if you would make some items depicting the Zulu Wars.

And now here we are, days later with my team Austro, Shredzorz, Rigadoon, QWW, and some gracious donators :smile:
Ill be posting specific wikipedia pages regarding the items i think would fit generally in the mod. Feel free to post, comment, etc, BUT KEEP THE DEBATES CIVIL FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE... thanks guys lul.

some random stuff people could use for models...

Henry Martini Rifle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martini-Henry

Model by Panzanius:
pipipik.png

Model by Austro (W/o Bayonet)
1a.jpg

With bayonet (Austro)
screenshot4.jpg

Pith helmet
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjVLE7LWuRYGQuJHtVLM9I_nADz_Z8154nfHT442XTlrXihiB6

Zulu Sheild, Model by Austro:
ZZULU.jpg

War Club, Model by Austro:
screenshot1.jpg

Zulu Axe, Model by Austro:
screenshot0.jpg

Zulu Spear, Model by Austro:
screenshot2.jpg

Brit Uniform (Early Model), Model by Rigadoon:
britishuniform3.jpg

britishuniform4.jpg

Updated Uniform:
britishuniform6.jpg

Random pic for uniform references, etc.
http://www.britishbattles.com/zulu-war/isandlwana/24th-foot-isandlwana.jpg​

Sigs (By everyone)
fullinvasionzulusig.png

Credits, Honourable Mentions, Well wishes, OSP's, and Donations post~

Dev Team:

QWW
Spearing
Austro
Shredzorz
Rigadoon

Honourable Mentions:
Orangekite, for support/excitement

Donations:
Rifle w/o bayonet, by Panzanius
New Breech-Loading reload animation, donated by Azrooh
Rifle Melee codes/scripts, donated by Shredzors

Open Sources:
Face Improvement Project, by Iboltax
(Link)
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,163242.0.html

Well Wishes:
To the future testers of the mod, and to the supporters of it.

Just in case you don't know, don't expect to lead this mod without helping on the mod. Too many people make that mistake thinking they can lead a mod while sitting back. I know you probably didn't intend to anyways but again, just in case  :wink:

Well this seems like an interesting idea. Should be a lot of fun if finished. To whoever is involved, good luck!

The intro is familiar...Toy Soldiers anyone?
"Today me and my group were playing MM and we did some public drilling (We had like 20 guys on).
In the one map there are a series of fences that we had to climb over to reach the enemy fort (It was literally a fort). While we were behind a fence, I ordered my men to hold fire and crouch. No shots were fired by either side, and it was eerily quiet for like 20 seconds before the dive into combat. I shouted into my mic "OVER THE TOP GENTS! CHAAARGE!" and the defending team shot at us just like a MG emplacement back in WW1. It was just like a charge over the top. Then me and a couple other guys got an idea for a mod about world war I.  And so our story begins."
-Spearing

Rigadoon said:
Just in case you don't know, don't expect to lead this mod without helping on the mod. Too many people make that mistake thinking they can lead a mod while sitting back. I know you probably didn't intend to anyways but again, just in case  :wink:

Well this seems like an interesting idea. Should be a lot of fun if finished. To whoever is involved, good luck!

The intro is familiar...Toy Soldiers anyone?
"Today me and my group were playing MM and we did some public drilling (We had like 20 guys on).
In the one map there are a series of fences that we had to climb over to reach the enemy fort (It was literally a fort). While we were behind a fence, I ordered my men to hold fire and crouch. No shots were fired by either side, and it was eerily quiet for like 20 seconds before the dive into combat. I shouted into my mic "OVER THE TOP GENTS! CHAAARGE!" and the defending team shot at us just like a MG emplacement back in WW1. It was just like a charge over the top. Then me and a couple other guys got an idea for a mod about world war I.  And so our story begins."
-Spearing

I KNOW SO MUCH INSPIRATION COMES FROM MY GUYS...

Nostalgia. this time is differentluls....

im not team leader, merely getting people together for it. i dont think it will have a leader, just people working lol. Anarchy if you will.

gaham1 said:
then you will have random work being done...

Im going to try to direct some sort of coordination lul. I suppose i could PM people with directions on what to do, but im not going to do any of it. I have no needed modding experience besides VERY basic scene building and i have an expert in scene building in the regiment so im the lazy bastard in this situation lul.

anyway i suppose if you want to make a model ask before making so we can at least have some cohesion lul

Excellent!
With the full invasion code open source is it allowed to make a stand alone Full Invasion Zulu mod?
The FI mod needs a lot of debugging though.

Anyway I hope you find a team.

IndiaQuinn said:
With the full invasion code open source is it allowed to make a stand alone Full Invasion Zulu mod?
The FI mod needs a lot of debugging though.

To the question, yes, I used the code in my Hornburg mod for example.

This mod should act as a patch to Full Invasion. Just the community continuing with new factions.

Zulu-British is classic situation perfectly fitted for Full Invasion. However now that the factions are actually real ones instead of fantasy it would be nice if its as accurate as possible. And it also leaves the way open for other obvious matchups from history. (Spartans-Persians comes to mind lol.)

Maybe we should also brainstorm about other nice matchups. Without taking copyrighted stuff.

Phalanx300 said:
This mod should act as a patch to Full Invasion. Just the community continuing with new factions.

Zulu-British is classic situation perfectly fitted for Full Invasion. However now that the factions are actually real ones instead of fantasy it would be nice if its as accurate as possible. And it also leaves the way open for other obvious matchups from history. (Spartans-Persians comes to mind lol.)

Maybe we should also brainstorm about other nice matchups. Without taking copyrighted stuff.
maybe D-Day, WW1

Back
Top Bottom