Unusual Microphone problem with Windows 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Sir Prince

Formerly Reformed Spammer
Count
I have a Corsair HS1 Analogue and a Sound Blaster Audigy 4. I've had people say my mic (when I get it working) is even better than the one from my previous headset (Sennheiser 161). However, in order to get it working I have to do a very odd settings change at least once if not twice a day.

Recording Devices -> Properties (of the mic) -> Advanced -> Default Format. I then change the default format to, well, any of the settings and it probably will still give a gurgly/garbled/fuzzy (apparently I sound like aquaman at times) sound. If I change it again (usually to one at the opposite end of the list, IE from CD quality to the max Studio quality, or vice versa) it usually will work for several hours until it randomly garbles up again.

I'm glad I found a way to get it to work, however its a rather annoying issue. Anyone have any ideas about a permanent solution (other than RMAing the headset)? I'm wondering if it might be an issue with Windows 7 itself, or if its an issue with the Creative drivers for my sound card.

mr.master said:
Hmm. Any older drivers? Have you checked from google if there have been any problems with that headset?
The headset doesn't have any drivers and there aren't any older ones, I just installed Windows 7 two weeks ago.

Okay finally getting around to this again, the mic in my Corsair headset died yesterday so I'm going to RMA it (the cord is also ****ed up to hell and back level of twisting itself up, this is utterly ridiculous).

However, I am still having the same issue but with my old mic which I have gone back to using.

These are the non-Microsoft codecs/drivers, any idea which one might be removable without ****ing anything else up?
XEh86.png

EDIT: The gurgle noise has also been nicknamed "the Aquaman voice".

I tried deactivating all of the non-Microsoft codecs but it didn't do anything and now the problem is getting even worse (my HS1A mic also died a while ago so I went back to my old Sennheiser 161). Sometimes there will simply be NOTHING transmitted, and today I have spent 20 minutes trying to get a clear sound, it often works when i test it in Teamspeak3's options, but then when I actually try talking to people it ****s up again.

Okay this problem is still going on and is really PISSING ME OFF.

It is obviously a problem with Windows 7, because I didn't have this problem before and it doesn't matter which microphone I use. Today I have spent the last 15 minutes trying to get it to work, and it hasn't accomplished anything (though usually it doesn't take that long). Every time I think it works (sounds fine in the testing in the options) I join a teamspeak channel and it goes back to an unbearable fuzz. It isn't a problem with Teamspeak either.

EDIT: Could be an issue with the audio drivers for my soundcard, the last ones they had were for Vista iirc, but I think I installed/updated them after this problem started occurring.

I have a working headphone and a clip on mic (that I got in January/Febuary), I'm not buying a new headset that may not even solve the problem. EDIT: I misread your post, sorry, I didn't realize there were USB sound cards that weren't part of headsets (for some reason). Still hoping to not spend any money right now though.

Err, sorry if you considered this already, but eh.

Did you try seeing what recording device you use for teamspeak? You might have one of those built in mics or just a webcam one, they're notorious for giving lots of static and buzzing sounds.

Cowdude said:
Err, sorry if you considered this already, but eh.

Did you try seeing what recording device you use for teamspeak? You might have one of those built in mics or just a webcam one, they're notorious for giving lots of static and buzzing sounds.

No, I don't. I'm just going to buy a new soundcard as my mic sounds even BETTER on my laptop which only has an integrated one.

Back
Top Bottom