SCENES and Battlefields

Users who are viewing this thread

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
Ciao!
Any help on Scening is much apreciated.
I will have a short tutorial soon
If you have the need of some info about SCENES, you can ask here :wink:

Never call MAPS the Center s  Scenes or Battlefields, pls.
The only one that can be called Map is the main Strategic Map (or "World map")
Gabby
poomtang said:
Just to clear things up here, we are using Gab's 1755 map in the single player version of the mod, Azrooh is using a totally different set of maps from 1755 as far as I'm aware. The size problem in SP has been addressed by Azrooh so the restriction problem will be sorted when we release the new weapons update which is on the way in a week or so...Hope that clears up any confusion.

YEEHAW FIRST SCENE POST
Wip
2012102200001.jpg

2012102200004.jpg

2012102200003u.jpg

2012102200002g.jpg

WOW! Nice work!!
I m surprised nobody commented and encouraged ur work on that!!!
Sorry, but I was not much on the forums these days...

Hope u will progress and explain/show some more!  :wink:

THX v m
Gabby

Very nice work, Von Afton!

I've been busy this week, so I haven't had time to do any new scenes yet. :oops: I'm sorry about that!
I noticed there are two City Scenes for the Union: One for Washington and Cinnicaty (which I will edit), and one for New York and Boston; I am Very Much impressed by the latter scene; it's perfect already! :shock: Who made it, was it Von Afton? I think I only need to switch some Entry points and Passages (which are quite wrong/missing sometimes), and check the AI meshes there; It's such a great City scene!
(^ Unless of course if you want me to replace the buildings with new ones.)

-Captured Joe
I noticed there are two City Scenes for the Union: One for Washington and Cinnicaty (which I will edit), and one for New York and Boston; I am Very Much impressed by the latter scene; it's perfect already! :shock: Who made it, was it Von Afton?

Nope!! ...atm I got nothing yet from AFTON or any other Helper, sadly.  :cry:

MOST of Scenes in last version were from me.  :twisted:

Some are a remake I made on best ANTIGONOS Master Scener work!  :cool:
Some are from the heavy work that Old Good DELLIVIS did as well (thx Dell, as always!)
And some good ones are from original scenes of 1866
Some few other stuff is from Secession.

I think I only need to switch some Entry points and Passages (which are quite wrong/missing sometimes), and check the AI meshes there; It's such a great City scene!

I agree. Let us know acknoledged on ur progress pls. Adding pics n this Scenes Topics as well, if possible
(^ Unless of course if you want me to replace the buildings with new ones.)
Anytime u think they ll look better, yes, pls, go for it!

-WilliamKensington
Pls post some pics of ur preferred Scenes. I m curious!  :wink:
(always remove ALL TROOPS INDICATORS, though guys, please! )

PS ....and ..... Anybody that got last 0.96 is welcome to post pics, or at least some comments, u know?!  :twisted:

Here are an 1776 Battle Scene with no AI Mesh Editing (normal):

After I have made AI Mesh in it:

The npcs [size=15pt]won't[/size] stuck more :!:

Well first of all THANK U very much, and sorry for not much feedback to you and to your nice attitude and willing to help!
Really!  :oops:
We all should welcome U officially as an ACTIVE Helper:cool:

Nice job on that battlefield, it seems!  :shock:
...But why did U mention 1755 when U show a pic of a Custom Battle of 1860s?

See...problem is that my time is very short, and I am basically the only one, besides JOE, on some things, that may explain U the many things I did and that I STILL need.
.... but I m very frustrated ...and getting in one of those bad moods that I periodically have.... :???:

I tell U: Is very difficult to help me, cuz I always have very short time to even explain what I need ...and ...I usually end up ...doing all myself.  :roll:

But U are a good fellow, and people like U, that tend to help using their common sense, are rare and are really precious to me, really!  :wink:

Now, ...pls go through my questions, first, though. And answer to them, so that I will know at which "stage" U are, about being able to help me, ok?  :razz:

-Did U try to read most important Topics of 1860s,  and learn about my MOd, about me and the whole project that I have in my mind ?
-Did U play through the new v. 0.96 of 1860s ? Did U see how many Centers are not proper or not finished?
-Do U know about American History, so that U can handle some historical Scenarios? (Mexico, Usa, Canada, Indians...)
-Did U see the many Scene Props that I added but that I DID NOT use yet in any Scene? Do U know that I have full permission on using some Mods materials and Props/Scenes?

Pls answer to those questions. It will help me to help U in ...helping ME!  :grin:

Gab
PS ...anybody that wants to help me,  should go through those questions and see if they can answer...or  it will be a very difficult task helping me out in my 1860s Project.

Ok, I overworked the map again, but at this time, with more features:
-AI Mesh added
-more plants added
-more houses added
-more entrypoints added
-more wooden barricades added
-new player-spawnpoint
-2 ways to fight, in the town or at the hills.

Before:

With all new things:

Download:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-7019703/just-replace-it-all.rar.html

Thx Harly.
I will give it a try.
Actually I did modify that Custom Battle a lot in v.0.97 and I also made it available for MP , ...and was one of my favourite and my son's.
He beated me so many times on it that it will be difficult to convince him to change it... :twisted:
Even those old Vikings houses were exeptional hidouts, even if not historically adeguate.  :oops:

I m sure that a lot of ppl will apreciate them though.  :wink:

Btw, did U play the new 0.97 all through?
Did U still find many Centers medieval or wrong?
Would U pls check them again for me?

Thx again
Gabby

Yea, ya... but it was much work to change the many things and warband crashes every 2 minutes....and the new houses have hideouts too and I think to fight in a town and people stand in the houses and shooting out is much western feeling.
I tested it 100 times to see if the spawnpoints right and the AI mesh.......

-Btw, did U play the new 0.97 all through?
No, a little time I played it to test the new banners...but I have no motivation to play it atm  :sad:
I will check the centers tomorrow and I would be happy if my modified version from this map will be playable in the next version.  :wink:

Hail Myself said:
I wonder why we don't have any corn fields battle ??? I saw that in many games and documents about Civil War. I think is will verry cool cause in corn field you cannot know who stand in front of you. Until he Blow off your head with his Musket.

And where is open battlefield ??? Where is nothing there to you can hide. Only thing you can do is march forward to enemy line. And pray your god all mighty that your enemy buttlet will not "kiss" you.

Moved this comment here, where it belongs.

Changed those things in 0.99 version, and maybe I will change it more, still.
I do agree in general, but had no time to add more of that....  :???:

Gab

Yeah...I know....stress!!!  :twisted:
I am working on it and...guess what? All alone!  :roll:

Anyway....I gotta say most pics that U guys are posting in the Screenshots Topic are good and even fantastic, really.  :razz:

....but this one from Toxic Nova was really particular

dv2mavp4.jpg

Too bad that is not visible the bottom part of it.  :cry:
Gab
PS....hey...can anybody tell who that guy looks like??!!  :twisted:

toxic-nova said:
Yes :smile: I had to decide between the horse and the fantastic landscape. And I was so impressed by this village/landscape as I ridden down the mountain along this little mountain path that I had to make a screenshot of it. But I wasn't able to capture the impressions I had as I had seen the lightning come though the mountains, as I had seen this playful fence on the side of the path and then I had seen the hard working community in the valley. I was just  :shock: as I entered this village. I had expect a town like on most other places. And then such a beautiful place. Really, guys visit Little Rock. The boys wants to support the war, the ladies are beautiful, the rivers are full of fish and the apple pies are the sweetest you can ever find in America. MY problem was that there isn't a brewery in this village. (but you know how this story ended :roll: )
At the end I wanted the best screen for the landscape. And I hadn't take so much care for the horse. I had just realized how crazy all the guns are looking as I linked it in the forum :lol:

If you couldn't find any woman in the town you have to wait 20 years because I just visited this town with my whole army  :twisted:

Ahh...forget to say this little village have a hidden lake and a treasure. Just great that you done such details. Lovely.

Hahahaha....U r always sooooo funny, man!!  :mrgreen:
And yes...I was tempted to delete Little Rock village many times, due to much better quality of most of scenes that I made lately, and some masterpiece that friends like Antigonos, Von Afton, etc made for me!  :oops:
BUT.....at the end I kept it, cuz was one of the first scenes ever that I made for old 1755....and is so nice that U found the treasure....cuz at that time I was putting them all over!!!  :razz:
You describe so well your gameplay and it seems that we play very similar (I do not kill, rape or kidnap girls, though!!  :twisted: ) and helps a lot to share emotions !  :wink:
Gab

E..rrrr...not promising anything, but I may try to make all forts more historically accurate (Temuzu LOVES when I say that!  :twisted:) than they are now.
This is Camp Butler
http://www.farwest.it/?p=6335
but I need more and better pics of ALL the forts that are in 1860s.
Anybody willing to help?
Use also the infos and links that are in the Historical Topic
Thx
Gab

I'm gonna find some pics of Fort Sumter...
EDIT:
It will be a bit complicated... :mrgreen:

fort_sumter_09.jpg
fort-sumter.jpg

GABRILDURO said:
Thx but I said pics of what I already have in 1860s old America.

I will not add more Centers, or replace any atm, see?  :wink:
Gab
PS....today I had some free time....and I waisted all on the Topics!  :roll:
I really NEED to concentrate on what still needs to be fixed in my Mod !!!
Oh, ok!!
So you need some pics generally speaking, isn't it?

s_c33_0019797u.jpg
Fortifications-Georgia.jpg
Shoupade%2Bmodel.jpg
civil_war_photo1.jpg
gabions.jpg
yorktown-earthworks-10.jpg

GABRILDURO said:
Ok, that was great, thx. And I will use it to make some scenes...but...
Ok, te lo dico in italiano:
mi servono immagini, meglio se a colori e ben dettagliate, dei forti e delle citta' CHE GIA' ci sono nella mia Mod, ok^^ ?
Tipo: Camp Butler, Fort Monroe, etc...
Controlla prima e fatti una lista dei centri (spt Fortini) che ci sono sulla Mappa Strategica 
Got it? :mrgreen:
Gab
Ah ho capito!!
I will find some pics ASAP!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom