US_Dallas_Roleplay RULES Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

All of this is subject to change,  We are using the ruleset written by Logain and revised by Ser Benjamin among others.

Commoners

Commoners Cannot:
Rob anything other then outlaws or other commoners.
Rob Faction chests.
Place tax on Bridges or crossings.

Outlaws

Outlaws hold more responsibility than possibly any other class in the game, and because of this they have the strictest rules.

Outlaws cannot:
Rob a commoner for more then 500g or a faction player for more then 1k.
Own a territory denominated by banner permanently.

Factions

Factions may:
Go to war with other factions
Capture and occupy territories
Tax those within territories they hold
Serve as the law-keepers in territories they hold.

War

During war the factions are Kill on sight to each other.
Heraldry does not matter during war, You cannot wear neutral colors and expect to not be attacked.

Declaring War

Factions may declare war upon one another if one or both sides has a valid reason for it.
Sending messenger while good for Roleplay is bad for suprise attacks and thus is not needed.
Suprise attackes are allowed as long as war is declared shortly after.

Factions may declare war upon one another if one or both sides has a valid reason for it.
Sending messenger while good for Roleplay is bad for suprise attacks and thus is not needed.
Suprise attackes are allowed as long as war is declared shortly after.

Expect a lot of trouble down there. Especially if you accept the "Surprise attack". it's may goes totally ridiculus with surprise attack in the middle of the town with lancer tooking down knights of the faction.

Be very wary. This ruleset is clear and simple, but people will abuse it probably.

Maybe the war announcement should happen soon before the attack. Otherwise you'd technically be attacing a faction during peace.

Commoners are aloud to slave right? I enjoy slaving but it gets annoying having to join outlaws. Also, ca commoners become an assassin?

I like this ruleset.

I'll edit these rules, hold on...

This should do it.

Commoners

Commoners can:
Rob
Serve as mercenaries (this means any hired service unless it conflicts with what they are not allowed to do)
Toil as serfs
Place tax on certan facilities such as taverns
Do most anything else.

Commoners Cannot:
Rob anything other then outlaws or other commoners. (They are allowed to loot abandoned faction chests, and may rob chests, but may not commit large armed robberies on the chests.
Rob Faction chests.
Place tax on Bridges or crossings.
Commoner robbers may not violate the outlaw rules.

Outlaws

Outlaws hold more responsibility than possibly any other class in the game, and because of this they have the strictest rules.

Outlaws can:
Rob the inhabitants of the realm.
Rob -anyone- including faction members and faction chests.
Tax a player for the use of something in an area of their influence.
Serve as mercenaries (this means any hired service unless it conflicts with what they are not allowed to do)

Outlaws cannot:
Kill anyone who can not scoff up the money (yet they are allowed to do anything else to them)

Factions

Factions may:
Go to war with other factions
Capture and occupy territories
Tax those within territories they hold
Serve as the law-keepers in territories they hold.

War

During war the factions are Kill on sight to each other.
Heraldry does not matter during war, You cannot wear neutral colors and expect to not be attacked.
The serfs and defenseless of the factions are not safe from war. Faction leader should take in to account the safety of their own people.
If a soldier surrenders to an enemy soldier(s), they are given the right to
A) Imprisonment/ enslavement
B) RP execution
The captors may choose to do with the prisoner unless it violates their rights.
A surrendering troop who refuses to obey their captors may be killed with impunity if the order is within game limitations.
Declaring War

Sending messenger while good for Roleplay is bad for suprise attacks and thus is not needed,  though preferred.

Assassins
Must announce when they're hired and when they complete their job.
May be killed if they announce themselves as assassins in global chat (after all, they're assassins)
Must be hired for a reason, and the hirer must be willing to OOCly giving the reason if asked by admin/killed target.

Admin Rules of Engagement
First offense kick, second, temp ban, third, perma ban.
If someone is advertising, they are muted in global chat. If someone continues to advertise in local, they are temp banned.
Admins are to make server announcements of what their punishment was, who it was for, and why after doing so.

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
Outlaws can:
Rob the inhabitants of the realm.
Rob -anyone- including faction members and faction chests.
Tax a player for the use of something in an area of their influence.

Outlaws cannot:
Kill anyone who can not scoff up the money (yet they are allowed to do anything else to them)
This should be, no "500g or die." instead of no killing at all. As long as the outlaw shows some type of real roleplay, I'm down for a bolt to the face.

You misunderstood me.
Obviously, if you are a peasant with no weaponry, you wouldn't play hero. You would, imo, submit to the outlaws demands.
Lets say A = peasant and B=the outlaw.
If A  decides to flee, B should be able to chase A down and attempt to silence A. B should suffer the consequences if he gets caught chasing A around local authorities or witnessed by commoners.

The main problem with restricting outlaws from killing is that it restricts role play as well.

Fegelein said:
You misunderstood me.
Obviously, if you are a peasant with no weaponry, you wouldn't play hero. You would, imo, submit to the outlaws demands.
If A  decides to flee, B should be able to chase A down and attempt to silence A. B should suffer the consequences if he gets caught chasing A around local authorities or witnessed by commoners.

The main problem with restricting outlaws from killing is that it restricts role play as well.

I guess you're right.

I'll just tell any outlaw who kills people who can't pay that it's a **** move.

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
Fegelein said:
You misunderstood me.

I guess you're right.

I'll just tell any outlaw who kills people who can't pay that it's a **** move.
Or you can go all "Mr Apples" on them! :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom