SP Musket Era Modern [WB] 1879: The Zulu War - Team Needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Dain Ironfoot said:
TrinityArse said:
This is quite a unique idea for a mod. Haven't seen a Zulu War mod ever, unless my search fu is lousy.

Don't let this die, it looks promising. :smile:

Your search fu is very lousy indeed.

I remember the great support you have us when we tried  :grin:

Great mod initiative!

A Boers faction would be good indeed. It would give the Brits a modernly equiped opponent.
The challenge with this mod is how can the Brits prevent too much melee and keep the Zulus at a distance. For the Zulus, how can they lure the Brits to leave a defensive position.

The Brits quickly learned after the first disasters and set up (wagon) defences with concentrated fire. The few victories by the Zulus after the Brits changed tactics were mostly skirmishes were the Brits were surprised (as mentioned the French prince was killed in one of them).

A good zulu mod in Napoleon Total War is the Khartoum mod.

The derwishes could be a nice faction too, but than the mod would have to be renamed into British colonial warfare or something :smile:

The Poot said:
Zulu had some modern rifles ( few in numbers though)

Indeed, mostly captured though and poorly handled.
The Boers were masters in firearms, and in the second boer war they were one of the most modern armies in the world (when it comes to equipment).

The Poot said:
Dain Ironfoot said:
TrinityArse said:
This is quite a unique idea for a mod. Haven't seen a Zulu War mod ever, unless my search fu is lousy.

Did you try and do a zulu mod?

I was thinking of jlgx and his efforts.

it was with king,
might be the same, it was years ago

Indeed, mostly captured though and poorly handled.
The Boers were masters in firearms, and in the second boer war they were one of the most modern armies in the world (when it comes to equipment).

got that right bru

IndiaQuinn said:
Great mod initiative!

A Boers faction would be good indeed. It would give the Brits a modernly equiped opponent.
The challenge with this mod is how can the Brits prevent too much melee and keep the Zulus at a distance. For the Zulus, how can they lure the Brits to leave a defensive position.

The Brits quickly learned after the first disasters and set up (wagon) defences with concentrated fire. The few victories by the Zulus after the Brits changed tactics were mostly skirmishes were the Brits were surprised (as mentioned the French prince was killed in one of them).

A good zulu mod in Napoleon Total War is the Khartoum mod.

The derwishes could be a nice faction too, but than the mod would have to be renamed into British colonial warfare or something :smile:

I actually have played the Khartoum-Zulu mod for N:TW quite a bit. It was an inspiration for this. Seeing how well the Zulu War worked from an RTS perspective, I thought it'd also work well from a single soldier's perspective.

I'll plan on adding the Boers as others have suggested, as Transvaal had a role in the starting of the War.

yep me and the poot completely failed at making a zulu war mod way back when i couldnt mod for **** haha. but i do recall him making some martini henri rifle models

made actually little bit more,

A war club, spear, helmet but I believe I do not have those models any more

Once i get better at modelling i may join your team. But i have a suggestion you know full invasion its open source now and i think it would match this mod. You could fight endless hordes of Zulu so you combine Zulu with full invasion. Because people make many mods of just say Romans Vs Gaul there is nothing new about it and all it is new models so if you were to make that i would work better

Hey, I was also thinking of starting a mod about this period, seems you are the quicker one. Am still learning scripting myself, but if you want I could help you later on?

Dain Ironfoot said:
The Poot said:
Dain Ironfoot said:
TrinityArse said:

AHH, Yes the good ol days aye  :wink:

it's funny how often things come around

Unless your really skilled, or you've got skilled team members i'd say give up :razz:

the hardest problem in a mod like this is making the Zulu's

Edit:1

not to beat my own drumb, but i have to be the King of the failed Zulu mods :grin:

orangeknite1 said:
Once i get better at modelling i may join your team. But i have a suggestion you know full invasion its open source now and i think it would match this mod. You could fight endless hordes of Zulu so you combine Zulu with full invasion. Because people make many mods of just say Romans Vs Gaul there is nothing new about it and all it is new models so if you were to make that i would work better

OMFG that would be amazing, please put that in this mod!!! god that would be amazing!

Back
Top Bottom