SP Musket Era Modern [WB] 1879: The Zulu War - Team Needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Banastre

Sergeant
735%23%23S.jpg

The Anglo-Zulu War
of 1879

What this mod is about:

This mod is set during the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879, a bloody war between the Zulu Kingdom of South Africa and the British Empire. Currently, this mod is only meant for single player.

What this mod will include:
An entirely new map.
New weapons.
New models.
New armour.
New items.
New characters.
New music.
Scripted events.
Massive battles.

Mod factions:
Zulu Kingdom - led by Cetshwayo. The Zulu Kingdom of South Africa has been at peace for some time with the nearby British South African colony. However, a series of border disputes with both the Transvaal state and South Africa have led to war with the world's most powerful empire. The Zulu troops are numberless and highly-motivated, and are ready to make a stand against both the British Empire and the European colonialism which has been affecting Africa for decades.

British South African Army - led by Sir Henry Frere. In 1879, the United Kingdom is the most powerful nation in the world and controls the largest empire in history. Troops of the Empire are highly-trained, well-equipped, and well-led, but the price of maintaining such a massive empire was more than just of money, but of lives, as the War in the far-flung South African colony would prove. The troops here are massively outnumbered, poorly-supplied, and facing near-endless hordes of Zulu warriors.

South African Republic of Transvaal - led by Stephanus Kruger. The South African Republic, also known as Transvaal, was a small nation north of British South Africa. The country, founded by Dutch colonists, had long co-existed with the British and Zulus to the South. However, recent border disputes were a major cause in the 1879 War, as Transvaal, which had been annexed by the British in 1877, claimed the Zulu were threatening its borders. The people of Transvaal, known as Boers, are a strong people, used to the hardships of life in 1800s Africa. They are adept marksmen and guerrilla soldiers, and would later rebel, and lose, to the British in the Boer Wars. They are not hostile to the Zulus at the moment, but that may change depending on the course of the War.

What this mod needs:

Modellers - both weapons and characters
Campaign map editors
Battle map editors
Scripters
Item editors
Scene editors

Team
Banastre: NPCs/stat balances, historical research.
Arnas: Scripting.
kenski1: Scene editor.

If you are interested in joining, contact me via PM or post in this thread.

Weapons list with reference pictures

Martini-Henry Rifle Mk. IV
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36224933@N07/3434458111/

Beaumont-Adams Revolver
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Beaumont_Adams.JPG

Zulu War Spear and Shield
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Isaacs_-_Sjaka,_Koning_van_die_Zulu_(1836)_crop.png

Good luck with this! I was going to make a multiplayer version.Remember the zulus need to have larger war parties and instead of castles it will be outposts ( obviously).  :wink:

Rhudda Ar Clogyn Barfau said:
Perhap we can work together equipment wise, im making a mod that will contain Both English and Zulu factions

If you have weapons or armour completed, PM me examples.

Good Luck, still you better had a modeller in team before opening it.

JEJ! An other attempt at the cursed zulu war! I have been waiting for this! I wish you the best of luck, but may I suggest considering adding the boers as a third faction? If not in the initial release, then perhaps in a later one. Just a suggestion, though.

Oxtocoatl said:
JEJ! An other attempt at the cursed zulu war! I have been waiting for this! I wish you the best of luck, but may I suggest considering adding the boers as a third faction? If not in the initial release, then perhaps in a later one. Just a suggestion, though.

Agree, boers and natal natives ( which was sorta boers I guess)

This is quite a unique idea for a mod. Haven't seen a Zulu War mod ever, unless my search fu is lousy.

Don't let this die, it looks promising. :smile:

Dain Ironfoot said:
TrinityArse said:
This is quite a unique idea for a mod. Haven't seen a Zulu War mod ever, unless my search fu is lousy.

Don't let this die, it looks promising. :smile:

Your search fu is very lousy indeed.

"lousy" is a kick in the balls to grammar.

Back
Top Bottom