Tigris & Euphrates

Users who are viewing this thread

This is a map that I was working on before I quit. I'm releasing it as open source, feel free to do something with it if you wish.

The concept of the map revolves around the region of Mesopotamia, from the eastern side of the Euphrates river to the Mediterranean sea. The towns included are Jerusalem (bottom left), Ur (bottom right), and an unnamed Italian-ish themed port-like city. The things I hoped to innovate in this map were trade and competition for resources. Jerusalem has next to no easy access to iron while Ur has a nearly exclusive mine. The ore prices would have been fluctuated accordingly (never got around to it). Jerusalem does however have easy access to wood, while Ur has next to none. The Italian port-like city has mediocre access to everything (the mine is close, but easy for bandits to rob). The wooden fort contains the highest quality armour, but has the worst defenses as for sieges. All treasuries are located outside the castle keeps, and are accessible by everyone.

I ***think*** it is operational at the moment, but it's never been truly tested. Keep in mind that it needs to be renamed to scn_scene_7.sco in order to work.

Download:
http://filesmelt.com/dl/te_v.91

Code:
scn_scene_7 Tigris_and_Euphrates 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x0000000330000500400d2348000008bb00004a9f000076a9
outer_terrain_plain

Screenshot:
r1muyq.jpg

It's set from modern day Israel to the ancient city Ur, including Saudi Arabia and the southern tip of modern day Turkey. (Terrain was modified to make a plausable PW map)

No time period, just whatever you want to set it as.

Back
Top Bottom