Cyanide's Game of Thrones RPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Reilnur

Sergeant Knight at Arms
There's a topic for the RTS game, Game of Thrones: Genesis, but recently there has been a rather large article and video about Cyanide's other GoT project, a yet-to-be-named RPG.

It looks better than I thought it would, but honestly I've been anticipating a complete failure of a game.

Oh, and as a heads up, all that ****'s in French.

I'm quite excited, and we'll hopefully have some level of the quality, once we see the RTS released next month.

Too bad it's still made by Cyanide, though I suppose it's possible they actually get something right for a change. I mean, statistically they'll have to, sooner or later.

Honestly I think a Crusader-Kings type game is the best fit for the ASoIaF universe, but this looks much, much better than the RTS. I'd definitely play this. As long as it's not awful I'm going to be hard to disappoint.

the Google-'translated' article said:
needs no introduction License The Iron Throne : these novels fantasy written by American author George RR Martin have sold over 7 million copies and been translated into twenty languages.
^ Is ASoIaF called 'The Iron Throne' in France?

me00014323372.jpg

Yay, cartoon characters!

An ASOIAF game should have a gritty realistic style to it. Something like Witcher 2 has.

Nahkuri said:
*pic*

Yay, cartoon characters!

An ASOIAF game should have a gritty realistic style to it. Something like Witcher 2 has.
I sure hope it's nothing like the witcher!! Hope it's more like DA:O.
Although I would prefer something more "realistic", I don't see anything wrong with the graphics.

Wellenbrecher said:
What would be wrong with Witcher style characters and world? I'd prefer that over DA any day.
I meant the gameplay, besides DA:O story and characters grabbed me and Witcher's didn't, so I would prefer it.

BloodLuster said:
Wellenbrecher said:
What would be wrong with Witcher style characters and world? I'd prefer that over DA any day.
I meant the gameplay, besides DA:O story and characters grabbed me and Witcher's didn't, so I would prefer it.
He was talking 'bout the style. Not gameplay or characters.

But I agree with faradon. I like what they've shown so far from the graphics.

http://m.ign.com/articles/1197596#.ToiPaC9Gxo8.reddit
http://kotaku.com/5845578/the-game-of-thrones-rpg-is-actually-happening

From what I've just read this sounds like it's going to be a ****ty cash-in.

EDIT:

After reading the second link I may have to reconsider. I'm still not overly optimistic, however.

Hm, didn't see any magic in the trailer. Flaming sword, well, Thoros of Myr used to light his weapons on fire, maybe that Red Robed man was Thoros? Though his flames were green I think.
Ghosts, well, looked like Stannis and Melisandres 'shadow' to me.

In my opinion it doesn't look as bad as I expected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=13Ti0SeYaUU#!

Looks worth trying.

Hmm... that does look pretty cool. Also, setting your sword on fire is alchemy, not magic. He's a Red Priest, so it's not a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom