World Sim Life

Users who are viewing this thread

Shark

Recruit
Still new to the game trying to read up, but haven't seen this mentioned...

Does the game world have a sim logic or is it just spawn points?

Does a prison train just get generated every other day or does a town have various groups visit it with prisoners and then a prison train is generated when enough prisoners have been delivered?

Do war parties get generated by spawn or can liberated prisoners join together to create a new party (scout, forager, or war)?

Are there party leaders that are generated as scout party leaders in towns (war party leaders generated in king's towns) that can earn experience and move up through the ranks to get larger armies? Each time they visit a town they can recruit to fill out there ranks?

Methinks its random spawn points and parties. Ive yet to see any type of pattern to the spawns.

It would at that.

Set cheat mode to 1 in the config and go ingame, now press CTRL-T and it activates truesight. With truesight you can see all the spawnpoints.

Wow - I think all the action they get using spawn points is great... but if they can work it in - I would love to see some sim life action in here.

That way when you go after a war party with a bunch of prisoners - when you free them - you would boost your sides forces...

Dont use cheats. If you dont cheat, you wont know where they are coming from. Therfore, as your walking, it will make you think. Unless you have memorized the points on the map. Then I feel pity for you.

Magial said:
Dont use cheats. If you dont cheat, you wont know where they are coming from. Therfore, as your walking, it will make you think. Unless you have memorized the points on the map. Then I feel pity for you.
Its obvious at least where some of them are

That was why I was hoping it was a sim world...

then the spawn points could spawn so rarely that it wouldn't matter if you knew where they were... spawning only when the world was low on the particular component generated by the spawn

Liberated prisoners would recollect into various armies... and better yet, more prisoners at the salt mines = more salt. What would more prisoners at the neutral town generate though? More gladiators?

If bandits make it bak to camp with prisoners - perhaps a percentage of prisoners would generate more bandits (maybe 25%?) and/or generate better equipment for that bandit party. Or ding up the bandit leader's prowess.

Yeah that would interesting stuff, to be able to finally win the war by yourself, say if you create a kickbutt army and go around kicking vaghir butt until there are a few of them left and then the war could be over. It would also be cool to exterminate bandits or at least keep their presence low in a certain area after a heavy culling session.

Here's a little idea i've been thinking of, which stems from heroes being able to be kept prisoner and sold off.

When you first got Borcha as a prisoner, i was quite disappointed you couldn't sell him to Ramun.

Imagine you did. Borcha ends up on some slave galley that is attacked by sea raiders. A few weeks into the game, you're innocently killing river pirates, and you come up against a band of sea raiders, which you attack. You find out that Borcha is the leader of these bandits. He says 'Hey i remember you, you're the bastard who sold me off and forced me to live on a leaky ship'

Borcha's army proceeds to fight yours, and he wipes you out. Now you have to spend the rest of your life as Borcha's *****.

that could be a good end point for the game as well - normal battles against normal enemies - you lose gold and materials as now.

Battles against other heroes - lose and its end of the game (with an option of being able to ransome yourself out - 25% of your gold or 50,000 which eer is higher - enemy hero uses gold to go to appropriate town to equip up)

Back
Top Bottom