[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
noosers said:
I believe lords do build village and repair upgrades
I'm pretty sure they do. Usually I do a lot of renown-, honour-, relationship-, and moneyfarming before I get my first fief which most of the times is nearly completely upgraded. Same goes for all following fiefs I capture.

Regarding renown: Search for cities with ongoing feasts and wait for and win every tournament -> Money+honour+renown :smile:

RC-1136 said:
noosers said:
I'm pretty sure they do. Usually I do a lot of renown-, honour-, relationship-, and moneyfarming before I get my first fief which most of the times is nearly completely upgraded. Same goes for all following fiefs I capture.

Regarding renown: Search for cities with ongoing feasts and wait for and win every tournament -> Money+honour+renown :smile:

Doubling the 1000% certainty above to 2000%.

noosers said:
Kill them all - small party size, low end troops, higher quality opposition = much reknown for companion training (=hint).

@Lords upgrading their villages question:
The Sea-Fu hasn´t turned anything up yet, but I believe lords do build village and repair upgrades. If MV jumped by he could give a clearer answer to it, otherwise I´ll have a closer look upon this one again later

Thx Noosers - still one more thing though, is it required to initiate the fight with a unique spawn such as wolfbode or Maltise to get the Qualis?

You can still capture them and get the qualis gem even without initiating the fight. Just be sure that when you do join they have enough health left to participate in the fight.

The reason you would want to initiate the fight yourself is so that you can get achievements for defeating x type  or x number of invading armies.

Beorn424 said:
You can still capture them and get the qualis gem even without initiating the fight. Just be sure that when you do join they have enough health left to participate in the fight.

The reason you would want to initiate the fight yourself is so that you can get achievements for defeating x type  or x number of invading armies.

Okay awesome, thanks!

RC-1136 said:
noosers said:

Thank you guys, for your help. I found out that lords do buid and repair their fief today after give Cassian a village, wait for a long enuf time then kick him out and take back the fief, some improvements were build.
Still not test for whose skill involved, but I guess they can build whatever they want coz when you capture somethin you'll see the steward's skill is not enuf to build all that fief's upgrades, and many fiefs at late stage also nearly completely upgraded.

Lilly112 said:
So, how do Mercenary Factions work when you are a King? Can you get like, Metenhiem Mercenaries or something?
By default you only have a few companies you can hire. Mettenheim is a possible one, but to hire them you have to raise your relation with Mettenheim above 0.

Lilly112 said:
So, how do Mercenary Factions work when you are a King? Can you get like, Metenhiem Mercenaries or something?

If you have a question on PoP, it's highly recommended to use the Bible PoP wikia:
http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Mercenary_Troop_Tree#Hireable_Mercenary_Companies
It has all the answers in it.

Leonion said:
Lilly112 said:

If you have a question on PoP, it's highly recommended to use the Bible PoP wikia:
http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Mercenary_Troop_Tree#Hireable_Mercenary_Companies
It has all the answers in it.

Another great idea is to look at that massive 89 page manual that was downloaded with the module.  :shifty:

I noticed that the Weapon Mastery skill for Jatu Mercenary Riders was set to 15 in the game files. But the game only allows up to 10. Is my download corrupted or is it intentional?

Edit: Looks like there's a lot of troops with skills set above 10. Is this going to break my game?

Diaphantos1 said:
I noticed that the Weapon Mastery skill for Jatu Mercenary Riders was set to 15 in the game files. But the game only allows up to 10. Is my download corrupted or is it intentional?

Edit: Looks like there's a lot of troops with skills set above 10. Is this going to break my game?
Not even slightly; you can set a skill to 20,000,000 and it will still cap at 10 in-game.

So I finally reached the point where I was confident enough in my army to siege a castle as a vassel of Ravenstern.... I had 25 Ravenstern Rangers that spawned with 0 arrows when the enemy sallied forth... took me a few reloads(figured it was better to use the no save when quitting method to test how I liked the mod and the siege was def a good time to gauge issues I might have xD) They had their quivers, but they spawned in without any actual arrows... and I know they couldn't of shot them that fast because when I finally figured out a way to best the whole sally forth, they took forever to empty their quivers in the actual siege... So is this really normal for this mod?(never encountered such a thing before)

Edit: I should mention that they weren't my only archers, but they were the only ones with empty quivers...

It's a feature (design decision.) Winning when the enemy sallies forth would be way to easy if you had full ammunition, archers should have a random 1-3 arrows.  Melitine arrows are not currently affected by this feature, the only ones that aren't as far as I know.

Beorn424 said:
It's a feature (design decision.) Winning when the enemy sallies forth would be way to easy if you had full ammunition, archers should have a random 1-3 arrows.  Melitine arrows are not currently affected by this feature, the only ones that aren't as far as I know.

ouch :s sucks since they seemed to have full quivers and the only way to even siege was to win the sally forth incident :s oh well... I guess I'll just have to build up my renown some more and try to field more pendor man at arms since they destroy the frieds...

I have the character creation bonuses and the manual pdf, but is there a list of which weapon skills are affected by your character creation choices?

Also which choices give you a negative rep with certain factions, I know the D'shar one, but IRRC you can get it for Sarlon & the Empire too. ...Outlawed Knight order ??

palewarrior said:
I have the character creation bonuses and the manual pdf, but is there a list of which weapon skills are affected by your character creation choices?

Also which choices give you a negative rep with certain factions, I know the D'shar one, but IRRC you can get it for Sarlon & the Empire too. ...Outlawed Knight order ??

I thought one of those tells the initial weapon stats.  If not you can kinda guess by what the description of each one says after picking it. The faction relates to your birth and will say so when you pick it.
If I recall correctly it goes as follows.
Noble captain: plus to fierdsvain
Minor noble: negative to empire
Outlawed knight: negative sarelon.
I don't know if they are any that effect ravenstern or dshar off the top of my head.

-EDIT- the relation hit/boost isn't too big with it only being 4 points. It'll cost 800 gold or helping out 1 or twice to fix it easily.

krifar said:
Can someone tell me what are the consequences of leaving a faction when you're it's vassal without fiefs?
Noldor Ambush next time you set camp Pretty sure the only negative to it is losing relation with the king/leader of faction and (not sure on this second one) I think you might lose relation with certain lords of that faction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom