[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to I swing a polearm? Banner of Sarelon to be precise. There is damage listed for both swing and thrust, but on horse or not I cannot find a way to do so.

Polearms can't be swung when used on horseback and/or with a shield. To swing it, you need to be dismounted and you mustn't carry a shield.

Why would you even want to swing it? Polearm swing damage is ridiculous.

wou said:
How to I swing a polearm? Banner of Sarelon to be precise. There is damage listed for both swing and thrust, but on horse or not I cannot find a way to do so.

Only way to do that is by using Morghs editor to change weapon characteristics.

I've bought few other polearms with swing damage listed, and was able to swing all of them (on foot with no shield obv.). No luck with Banner. So it's kind of a bug maybe?
As for why, I just like to have a blunt weapon on hand.

Some polearms have no side-swing. The swing damage listed refers to an overhead swing. The Banner of Sarleon may be one of those, just like the other extra long lances and pikes.

I try as I might and I'm unable to make the overhead swing. Have no problems with other polearms I just bought.

You need to be booted and use 2 hands for those swings. And aim really, really high. One of the nicest things to do is club opposition to death using a very long polearm in a defensive siege where the risk of beeing shot by a autoreplenished archer/thrower is less permanent.

Manage the Kingdom without trade pacts and treasurer at the court, it became very skuchuchnym affair. Lovely atmosphere Pendor few weeks, has become very monotonous, as in Nativ, only invasions :smile: You can fix it as anything?
Do additions like fashion "diplomacy"?
(I'd love to play POP 3.6 with sewn diplomacy .. :wink:

P.s Excuse me if the above clearance is not correct, I do not know English, I use Google transliteration.

NegroCaucasian said:
is Prophecy of pendor compatible with any siege ladder mod  for vanilla?

Yes it is as it only mods scenes. Though strangely a select few scenes get REALLY bugged depending on which ladder mod you use. Javiksholm is just one of them, at least two other castles (which the names escape at at the moment) as well are bugged. The castle is just floating in the air, you basically spawn under the ground.

A couple of scenes are replaced and not native. Those will cause pretty nasty sideffects. Apart from that the AI is usually too dumb to use the new ladders properly as the pathfinding isn´t updated.

If you want easier sieges, simply lower difficulty.

noosers said:
A couple of scenes are replaced and not native. Those will cause pretty nasty sideffects. Apart from that the AI is usually too dumb to use the new ladders properly as the pathfinding isn´t updated.

Actually the "El Arte De La Guerra 'Official' Siege Fix 1.5.5" is what I use and the pathfinding is actually fine. They use ladders perfectly and without fail.

Though as mentioned before a few scenes are screwy.

The "Arena Overhaul mod 1.0" is also good if you're bored of a flat uninteresting ring of an arena.

noosers said:

Im not hear for "easier seiges" what i want is approriate amount of ladders for a battle size of 450. one ladder is just unreasonable when you have 450 troops on the field. it will hurt both ways so its only "easier" when i'm assualting. This single ladder buisness makes it so i just bring a whole bunch of KOTEG and sit them outside the walls repeatedly

If the pathfinding works properly, it should work out well enough for huge battlesizes. The siege ladder project I recall is back from 1.011 days and it was terrible as the AI didn´t use the second ladder, just like it still autofocuses on the entry point. That way you can - if you´re an expert exploiter - get on the walls, capture the side turret furthest off the reinforcement spawn point and kill anything from a safe distance with arrows, bolts or a long polearm closing up and redrawing.

If the AI defends and uses all the added ladders its fine, if it doesn´t, it´s a horrible exploit.

i believe its
jatu (chosen of indar)
snowlion brigade
red brotherhood
vecc renegades
barclay company (primera guardia real)
melitine (sarno expedition)
free company
unicorn knights
singalians
mettenheim (freirkorps)
1st banneret of marleons

most of them are about relations, except for the lions, which are pretty powerful btw (you need to slay northeners!!!)

Oh, btw, about mercs...
Some time ago someone added a line "If you manage to get on good relation with Syla Uzas you will be able to hire him as a mercenary. " to Syla's page in PoP wiki.
Is that true? Has anybody ever done this?
And if so, does it also mean that Sheik Shalavan can be hired as well (since both of them belong to the rogue knights faction)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom