[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
noosers said:
Dalloskid said:
My homies:
Diev, Siggy, Leslie, Kaverra, Lethaldiran, Julia, Alyssa, Alistair, Ansen, Sir Rayne.

Buut I'd like to have Jocelyn. So I'm thinking of dropping Alistair, Ansen and Sir Rayne, then picking up Frederick, boadice, Roland and Jocelyn. That build would work, right? No fighting amongst the kids?

Go with Sir Roland, Rayne, Jocelyn, Boadice, Frederick, Sigismund, Leslie, Julia, Ansen, Diev, Ediz,Lethaldiran and throw in Kaverra if you like. A little bit of bickering going on between Frederick and Ansen with regular persuasion checks for them to leave which shouldn´t be that much of a problem. Those 12 chaps is the usual companion bubble I use and well, I like it. Mind you, I don´t play on realistic save. All that alt-tabbing was far too much annoyance.

I'm at this build now, but things are anything but smooth. Half my companions are ready to leave, and the only reason Jocelyn hasn't left yet is because I've sent him to gather intel. Anything I can do to keep things calm?

I'm actually really happy with these new guys though, thankyou. I just hope they don't leave!

Objectively, what's the style/way of playing that gets you the fastest and or most kills in battles and influencing the outcome of the battle the most in the most speedily manner, gets you winning battle the fastest, and moving time forward in the game the fastest etc etc, so that even if you had little time to play, you could get through the game through the fastest and most optimal amount of time.

telume said:
Objectively, what's the style/way of playing that gets you the fastest and or most kills in battles and influencing the outcome of the battle the most in the most speedily manner, gets you winning battle the fastest, and moving time forward in the game the fastest etc etc, so that even if you had little time to play, you could get through the game through the fastest and most optimal amount of time.
Horse archer...period. Depends on your personal archery skills though.

Alright, I'll do that, though what do I do in sallies when I only have like 1-3 arrows and no horses lol?

Oh and can you please also suggest how I should build my character?

azxcvbnm321 said:
Is there a way to lose Right to Rule?  I want to keep that down deliberately.

Why would you possibly want to limit RTR?

I mean, it's basically a prerequisite for conquering Pendor.

If you don't want RTR, don't do those things that enhance RTR. However, I think - in the long run - it's ultimately self-defeating.

It's a pure fighter build, so of course getting riding 3 in the beginning is important. After that you build Str to 18 so you can use a N-composite bow. You'll be stuck with horse archery 3 during that time, but it's a good way to practice shooting from a horse and finding relatively safe positions. (meaning you don't start running around right away and unnecessarily decrease accuracy and dmg).

In fact I just finished my playthrough with PD 8 and no horse archery at all, so it's still ok. Once you get your Noldor Bow, you can start going for Agi and go for horse archery 6, and riding 6 for spirit horse. Fast horses are more important than tough ones, since you will want to avoid melee with other cavalry (notably Knights or Jatu).
Yes, I used to play without melee, so bow+3 quivers, but if you feel insecure get a lance or another wpn, and simply resupply arrows when you run out.

When you have PD 6, riding 6 and horse arch6 you should already be doing quite well in battles. I personally go for PD 10 from here on and max horse arch later. On a spirit horse, yu usually don't run full throttle but still have enough speed, so horse arch 7-8 is actually enough.
If you still want to win tournaments and ambushes, you'll still need PS... so yes, the horse arch build will eat up almost all your skill pts.
Build some companions with horse arch and PD as well, but omit PS and athletics, else you won't have enough skill pts for them. In battles have them "follow you" all them time, so the guys will circle around with you.

This doesn't mean that ALL your troops should be horse archies!
Use a healthy mix. All cavalry will block your view, all infantry means enemy cavalry will chase you. The most effective and fast way is to put your army in position, then charge ahead to draw fire but go fast enough that no one can hit you. As you complete a half circle to the right pelting the enemy with your arrows, you order your troops to charge into them (their flanks, with their attention on you and your compansies).
With mixed troops you needn't worry about sallies.

Shingen said:
azxcvbnm321 said:

If you don't want RTR, don't do those things that enhance RTR. However, I think - in the long run - it's ultimately self-defeating.

High RTR prevents the ability to swear fealty to someone else,
also other factiobs won't declare war, which can also be a pain at times.

Dalloskid said:
I'm at this build now, but things are anything but smooth. Half my companions are ready to leave, and the only reason Jocelyn hasn't left yet is because I've sent him to gather intel. Anything I can do to keep things calm?
I'm actually really happy with these new guys though, thankyou. I just hope they don't leave!

Be careful whom you support and whom you tell to shut up. I usually end up with either Ansen or Frederick wanting to leave ending in a persuasion check, and every once in a while, when morale goes down, Sir Rayne would like to have a break as well. But I don´t employ Kaverra, she may or may not be responsible for your unrest.

zykox said:
Shingen said:
azxcvbnm321 said:

High RTR prevents the ability to swear fealty to someone else,
also other factiobs won't declare war, which can also be a pain at times.

Geeze, I guess I play this game differently. I don't swear fealty, I conquer Pendor!

I agree...no vassalage! In fact, I even hate accumulating RTR at all...you want war? Bring it on!!

You beat a faction bad enough, they still want peace. You're too weak, they're still going to declare war on you. They're all a bunch of bastards.
Though Koningur Valdis seems to be the least bastardous ******* in PoP. So I leave him in peace, once I get his axe and have conquered the Fierdsvain.

zykox said:
I agree...no vassalage! In fact, I even hate accumulating RTR at all...you want war? Bring it on!!

You beat a faction bad enough, they still want peace. You're too weak, they're still going to declare war on you. They're all a bunch of bastards.
Though Koningur Valdis seems to be the least bastardous ******* in PoP. So I leave him in peace, once I get his axe and have conquered the Fierdsvain.

I dunno, I've been thrashing Sarleon six ways from Sunday (they declared war on me, I only owned one castle that I took from the Empire). Fed up with only defending, I've taken half of the Kingdom of Sarleon for my own, including Sarleon, yet King Ulfric still refuses to make peace with me, says it's "not in his interests" at this time. Well, considering I've sacked your capital, when IS it in your interests? I've asked him for peace pretty much after every major battle, and he still refuses. He's lost half his kingdom and literally thousands of men fighting me.

Start acquiring lords. Get your own Gang of Sarleonese and he´ll sooner or later sue for peace.

Just like the Fierdsvain just declared again just when I became bored, so I reckon I´ll extinct them this time or leave them dwindling around with a single castle, just like D´Shar is reduced to Torbah.

Ravenstern lost about half it´s territory to Sarleon, which became bloated up quite a bit and decided to war me - once their fearsome starting armies were gone the Empire joined the fray and is happily destroying them ever since.

Looks like this one will end with Pendor vs The Empire.

Hey people, had some questions!

1) How often do "Minor Factions" (Snake, Heretic, Mystmountain...) Armies spawn? Is it only time-related, or are there other factors?
2) How often will there be an Unique Spawn (Wolfbode, etc..) leading them? Are there factors that favor the spawn of an Unique Spawn over a classic Army?

And finally, I could use some advice on how to screw up badly a faction. In my current game I've spent a LOT of time questing/purchasing enterprises, and now that I'm ready to do some interfaction fight, the game is pretty much done by itself. The Fierfsvain have taken half of Ravenstern, the Empire has been almost obliterated by Sarleon and the D'Shar. I've tried going mercenary for the losing factions, I've managed to make them recover a bit from their losses but it's going slowly... Any idea so I could either screw the Fierdsvain/D'Shar/Sarleons quickly, or help out Ravenstern/Empire before they get finished off?

1)
Randomly. 2,5% chance per trigger, chance may be improved by various rumors from local milita patrols or lords.

2)
There aren´t. Some minor factions have armies lead by unique heroes, that´s all. Wether´s a Jatu Army spawning or Zulkar is chance.

3)
Kill them All.
Found your kingdom during global peace.
You never said your own kingdom was an exception :wink:

Sometimes a knighthood order is tied to a certain city. So in order to build that KO you need to own that city.

But do you need to own it personally, or is it sufficient to have this city as a part of your kindom once you are ruler?

I gave Cez away to a vassal, and i can still build a shadow legion order somewhere else. I'm not sure if i'm just lucky this time, or if it works as intended.

skullmasher said:
But do you need to own it personally, or is it sufficient to have this city as a part of your kindom once you are ruler?

I gave Cez away to a vassal, and i can still build a shadow legion order somewhere else. I'm not sure if i'm just lucky this time, or if it works as intended.

Yes, you need to. And you can only build a chapter in this very city, iirc (at least if you don't fulfill another condition - such as being a part of certain faction).
It's no wonder you can, SL is not bound to anywhere, there are no extra conditions to build it apart from money+gem.
______
P.S. Yep, in case of faction orders you can build them anywhere if you fulfill "be a part of the faction" condition, and you can only build them in a certain city if you fulfill "own the city" condition.
As for the non-faction city-bound orders, owning the certain city seems to be enough for building chapters anywhere.

noosers said:
Start acquiring lords. Get your own Gang of Sarleonese and he´ll sooner or later sue for peace.

Just like the Fierdsvain just declared again just when I became bored, so I reckon I´ll extinct them this time or leave them dwindling around with a single castle, just like D´Shar is reduced to Torbah.

Ravenstern lost about half it´s territory to Sarleon, which became bloated up quite a bit and decided to war me - once their fearsome starting armies were gone the Empire joined the fray and is happily destroying them ever since.

Looks like this one will end with Pendor vs The Empire.

I don't want his lords, though. I don't trust them. And my kingdom is too small right now to have lots of vassals. I'll never keep them happy without enough lands to give out. At least...I think so. I dunno. I've never had vassals that weren't companions-turned-vassal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom