[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
zykox said:
Oh oops...pls forgive me for my noobster reply...
Still strange though, why my peasant-stats peasant-armed CKO was still able to defeat any bandits and rogue knights.

A unit's auto calc value was determined by the development team based on the previously mentioned criteria. It is a set value that isn't changed when their stats/armor is improved. The CKO was given a value based on what they can become if you upgrade them.

Ok so I'm a longtime player of PoP, but I'm at the stage where I usually make an army of archers and infantary and make a quick rush for a castle, and it never ends well.

So right now I have 10 companions (the build with Leth, which uses every alternating comp), a franchise in nearly every city, 45,000 denars, and I'm around 30 relation with Marius Imperator, and currently training troops for him.

So what should I aim to do now?

EDIT: I'll also mention that Sarleon has been smashing the Empire - they have Cez and Janos plus a couple of castles, and thats it.

Beorn424 said:
A unit's auto calc value was determined by the development team based on the previously mentioned criteria. It is a set value that isn't changed when their stats/armor is improved. The CKO was given a value based on what they can become if you upgrade them.
Oh ok, makes sense. Well, I never rely on auto-calc, nor has it ever done me any good, and I personally consider auto-calc vs noldor for prisoners or demonic magni the same as cheating.

Dalloskid said:
Ok so I'm a longtime player of PoP, but I'm at the stage where I usually make an army of archers and infantary and make a quick rush for a castle, and it never ends well.

So right now I have 10 companions (the build with Leth, which uses every alternating comp), a franchise in nearly every city, 45,000 denars, and I'm around 30 relation with Marius Imperator, and currently training troops for him.

So what should I aim to do now?

EDIT: I'll also mention that Sarleon has been smashing the Empire - they have Cez and Janos plus a couple of castles, and thats it.
Lol...what exactly do you mean with "longtime" player? Such an ambiguous word!
For now, you should get more denars...a LOT more. And your own fief, so you can found your CKO.

What you should be doing usually depends on:
Max party size, renown, level, money, and which of the big quests you've done e.g. unlocked Elacrai, done KO grandmaster quest, etc....

In order to start a kingdom, you should have at least 700k denars, and more is always preferable. Of course, your current companions should all be properly outfitted.

Longtime as in I have been playing Pendor for a longtime?

I'm sitting at around 5k profit a week, and thats not including loot. I'm pretty much aiming to level up my companions in trainer, and to get them good in combat - right now its mainly Siggy and Leth doing the bulk of the killing, with a bit of help from the others.

I haven't done any major quests.

I know I need a fief, but I'm not sure what way I should go about it. My options are to help the Empire retake lands and hope I get rewarded, go for a quick landgrab against the empire, or look elsewhere. Eitherway, I'm not ready to take anything yet, as training an army with my current companions takes too long to be viable. So more training.

Sorry if this has been asked but if you become grandmaster in a knighthood order they will create war paryes to fight with you or the only order that does that is your own order created by you?

Leonion said:
It depends on the enemy. For example, several Demonic Magni can easily destroy your whole army when you are not helping your soldiers much, and your troops are usually very ineffective in killing them, so at least in my case I always find myself taking down most of them personally even on medium battle sizes (about 150). Also if you mostly focus on eliminating enemies' top-tier troops, your personal contribution is very high as well.

How is 150 medium? Thats the highest available option for me in PoP. I know in some other mods I can set it up much higher

You should really get the battle size modifier - Pendor isn't the same when its not set to 500.
And don't worry about the 'it may crash the game' comment on the launcher. I'm running Warband on a potato and it's fine.

Dalloskid said:
Eitherway, I'm not ready to take anything yet, as training an army with my current companions takes too long to be viable. So more training.
Arm your compansies with blunt weapons and hunt/capture rogue squires! They only need one level to max to rogue knight, and the attrition isn't that bad as long as you only recruit squires (that way when the chance to desert happens, you won't lose any knights)!

Tons of prisoners, tons of loot, free rogue recruits, and plenty of exp for you and your compansies to level.

What decides which of your unit go into battle and which won't? Is it the order the units are arranged in the party window? With unit nearer the top getting to go and the bottom not getting to go before the higher units? Or is it just random?

telume said:
What decides which of your unit go into battle and which won't? Is it the order the units are arranged in the party window? With unit nearer the top getting to go and the bottom not getting to go before the higher units? Or is it just random?

Just to add to this question, how does it work for castle garrisons?

And also does anyone have trouble moving their camera while they're dead? When I'm dead and trying to look around the battlefield to see how the battle is going and who's killing who I find that the camera is very unresponsive and moves VERY slowly. Just wondering if it's like that for everyone or it's just me.

Its like that for me as well, takes a long time to spin the camera in 360degree circle and it moves very spasmodically. It seems fine in lets plays though so I'm not sure the cause.

Untick Force Single Thread in the starting option. That should cure the stutter. Never tried it myself but some people claim it´s the proper cure.

Troops have a random chance to show up in battle. The chance decreases starting from the top to the bottom. Means units higher up are more likely to show up in battle.
Which is the reason why your party and garrison roster becomes that important and why they´re all sorted in PoP with the strongest troops on top, if you noticed.

@Dalloskid:
Go mercenary for the Empire to keep the balance, slightly tipping the scales in favour of the faction you like most, thus gaining valuable relations with the various lords, lots of loot and reknown and enough army size to finally start your own kingdom.

Just keep in mind to groom half a dozen or so villages in a handy recruting circle to decent relations as well. Save up 200k gc (I started with 100k and it was dwindling too fast) then go independent if the political situation is promising.

noosers said:
@Dalloskid:
Go mercenary for the Empire to keep the balance, slightly tipping the scales in favour of the faction you like most, thus gaining valuable relations with the various lords, lots of loot and reknown and enough army size to finally start your own kingdom.

Just keep in mind to groom half a dozen or so villages in a handy recruting circle to decent relations as well. Save up 200k gc (I started with 100k and it was dwindling too fast) then go independent if the political situation is promising.

I always take advantage of a situation that I can't really hold onto, like an easy castle that I can't hold.
Basically, my biggest issue is getting to the stage where I have decent money and a walled fief to start a CKO. Thats all I want, after I get that I'm happy to just chill under the rule of any monarch.

I actually went really far in this game - good relations with the Empire and I even got married (first time!). I have to say, that cutscene that gets played is hilarious, albeit unintentional.

Dalloskid said:
noosers said:
@Dalloskid:

I always take advantage of a situation that I can't really hold onto, like an easy castle that I can't hold.
Basically, my biggest issue is getting to the stage where I have decent money and a walled fief to start a CKO. Thats all I want, after I get that I'm happy to just chill under the rule of any monarch.

I actually went really far in this game - good relations with the Empire and I even got married (first time!). I have to say, that cutscene that gets played is hilarious, albeit unintentional.

Getting a walled fief for keeps is pretty easy. Consider befriending a siege-friendly order (Knights of Eventide are alright and available from the start, alternatively you'll have to found Knights of the Falcon, who are a bit better or Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet, who are amazing, but cost a qualis gem). This will give you access to the "challenging task" quest, which gives you control of a hundred or so order troops. With that kind of force you can easily take a weak to medium defended castle that doesn't have a horrible layout. Make sure you have decent surgery and engineer skills and cheese away, whittling down defenders with your order archers and retreating. After a few attacks the defenders will catch on and sally out, but order archers are also competent in melee, so it's no big deal.

Once you take the fief, dispatch an emissary to some monarch asking for protection and hire a mercenary company to man the walls for the few days it takes to get an answer. Ideally the faction you've just taken the fief from is neck-deep in war and the faction you're joining isn't. At this point you can cancel the order quest if you want and focus on garrisoning as many troops as you can. Prisoner trains, friendly villages, knocked out bandits from guildmaster quests, anybody you can get your hands on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom