[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In everyone's experience of playing through many mods, are there any mods in existence with a better AI or formation than Vicky?

telume said:
In everyone's experience of playing through many mods, are there any mods in existence with a better AI or formation than Vicky?

Pop's battle AI is at the top pretty much.

Ive seen bunches of well made mods with the ole "stand around in formation for most of the battles instead of actually fighting" curse.
Persino and brytenwalda have that curse. (There is a user made fix for brytenwalda formations though)

Is there a soft cap on prestige gaining that I should be concerned about? I'm nervous about spending 40 prestige for a knight when 400 days from now I could get the same knight for 15-20.

Every week you loose a certain low percentage of your renown, but that is usually easy to make up for by some battles against enemy lords, or Jatu if you are not at war.

What does tactic/battle advantage do? Is it worth it to invest in it? Should I increase my tactics, or just get a companion with high tactic and increase theirs, or increase both mine and theirs?

Battle advantage is the difference between how many troops you have in the field in one battle and how many your enemy does. Positive means you have more troops on the field, negative less. Battle advantage is calculated based on initial army sizes and the tactics. So higher Tactics means more troops in the field.

In Warband Native this was a very important skill IMHO. In Pendor i can't tell if it is a crucial skill. 

of course TACTICS is a crucial skill, especially in Pendor where army spawns number from 200-1000.

Workarounds are:
-Being marshall and leading a huge army train.
-Having a buttload of renown so you can field an army roughly the same size
-Lead a small warband full of Noldor or Order Knights

Battle Advantage is unbalanced by default in Warband, so your max advantage will always be 84:42 (army size 150), while the max disadvantage can field your 13 vs 113.
But even your 100ish Noldor army will have trouble defeating  Jatu army, if on the field you're leading 25 noldor vs 95 Jatu at a time.
---------------------------
That said, Tactics is a party skill, so either you or any companion will do. It's giod to have a backup though, if you or he/she get ko'd.

A couple of sorta meta-gamey questions!

1) You can in theory get negative relations with your faction, if you didn't start it yourself, since joining only improves your faction relation by 12 points and you retain the ability to jump into battles against your own. Are there any repercussions besides the obvious ones, like not being able to enter faction fiefs? I might join a faction early to grab a walled fief and start custom knights order, for instance, but at the same time I don't really want to make my faction too strong, so the ability to attack an important lord could be handy. This of course raises a bunch more questions, so if anyone tried experimenting with this sort of thing, I'd love to know.

2)You can in theory get negative relations with your own order. Do you get kicked out if that happens? If you're grandmaster, will you still be able to enter Order Stronghold? My guess is no, since it's faction aligned, but you never know.

I play at 71 battle size as my PC can't handle 150, so battle advantage is probably important so I'll give it more attention, thanks.

Oh and also, are prestige gains proportional to battle advantage? Or simply just how many vs how many?

iskar said:
The lower your battle advantage, the higher the renown value of the battle.

It can also depend on your enemy troops. So even if you're fighting on 1:1 vs Noldor, you'll get tons of renown for winning the battle.
If you're fighting some lords, even with a big advantage, you'll still get 3-10 renown. I don't know about the calculations on this aspect however....

reticentReciter said:
A couple of sorta meta-gamey questions!

1) You can in theory get negative relations with your faction, if you didn't start it yourself, since joining only improves your faction relation by 12 points and you retain the ability to jump into battles against your own. Are there any repercussions besides the obvious ones, like not being able to enter faction fiefs? I might join a faction early to grab a walled fief and start custom knights order, for instance, but at the same time I don't really want to make my faction too strong, so the ability to attack an important lord could be handy. This of course raises a bunch more questions, so if anyone tried experimenting with this sort of thing, I'd love to know.

2)You can in theory get negative relations with your own order. Do you get kicked out if that happens? If you're grandmaster, will you still be able to enter Order Stronghold? My guess is no, since it's faction aligned, but you never know.

Don't know about all about 1), but as far as I know nothing happens except that you can't enter your factions fiefs. Never tried is as lord, or for a longer time, but I guess if you're lord you risk getting kicked out of your faction by the king. So not a good idea.
As merc you're pretty safe though...

About 2): Yes, even as grandmaster, you get kicked out of your order...though buggily enough, the order stronghold is still there and you can still go in and access the quartermaster, armorer and constable.

And there I thought I could conquer an extra castle...Haven't tried joining ANOTHER order though...and currently don't have the patience to try.
Getting from relations 100 to -1 was torture enough, and I am already done with my playthrough this time after a few months.
Taking a break now...pretty busy with my work as ALT in Japan at the moment, and looking for other jobs. I am pretty sure though I'll get back to PoP...as soon as I have enough money to buy a new pc!

Hello everyone,

Found this forum and though I could have a go at asking a question.

So here is my problem. I have made Lithaldiran a lord (I know big mistake :smile: ) and I have just found out about creating my own knighthood order and can't find a good way to level them up now.

First I let Jocelyn train them for 12 weeks.Then I have given Sigismund Sinclair to them for about 8 weeks. Now I want to increase their powerdraw, given Deiv to train them and for the first 4 weeks he increased their powerdraw by 2 (so it's now 3), later I done another 4 weeks and Diev has upgraded literally nothing.

If there is no hope left for my knighthood being the maximum power then I will accept the mistake I done.

However I will be thankful in advance for any advice which can be given.

(Re-Posted from a post I done previously as told by someone, and may get more answers here or better explanations.)

You can keep sending Diev eventually they will get to his PD stats. The main problem i see though is that they will have only 350 proficiencies in archery (Joce's stats) which is a bit low for a CKO Knight.

On the other hand they can reach 410 in crossbows from Jocelyn so you could possibly equip them with a Light crossbow to use on horseback?

Im doing the grand master knight order quest and I have to take a castle with 1k with only 129 men and the battle advantage is deep in the negative... so only a few of my men spawn per wave, any advice?

In your opinion what's better, a character that only focuses on melee or ranged or a hybrid of both melee and ranged?

telume said:
In your opinion what's better, a character that only focuses on melee or ranged or a hybrid of both melee and ranged?

It is a personal choice, while you can tip the scales in battle by fighting. It is your use of tactics that really matter and how you react to situations that popup during battles that matter. For example in the last days mod some of the orcish parties have trolls that if you don't try to kill or have plenty of archers to take them out, they can wipe out like 5 people per swing and don't go down easy unless they are shot with a ranged weapon or well placed spear hits. There are no such enemies in this mod but there are certain enemies within enemy parties that if you want to minimize losses on your side you will want to take out.

Your weapon choices and armor choices will be personal and as long as the weapon is good it shouldn't matter. Some people hire lethrandal just for his bow and take that so they can shoot enemies all day and try to score 50+ kills in a engagement, as you can kill more enemies from a range than you can from melee distance unless you have mastered arrow dodging (easy) have good skills with blocking sword/ spear attacks from multiple enemies (not so easy). So personally I use a bow arrows, melee weapon (sword or spear depending on my feels) and a shield usually. It is pretty well rounded and if you really need to you can switch out your gear during battle by running to the chest on the battle field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom